“Don't bother for the summer” 2 of 5 stars

Inn at Keystone
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   US Highway 6, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Don't bother for the summer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Rooms are decent, we checked in early because of a festival that was taking place at Keystone and they were unable to give us a room number at the time which we expected. What we didn't expect to happen later is that our 2 friends that came back at the same time to check in got upgraded rooms at a separate lodging facility while we were stuck in a room with two queen size beds with dogs barking around us for our one year anniversary (they said they were sold out and we should have mentioned that at noon when we got a parking permit for the lodge). I'll recommend to any of my friends that come to the area to stay at a facility outside off the Keystone family and take the Summit Shuttle to Keystone if they want to participate in any activities with the resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brian R

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms are adequate, no frills but no complaints either. Location is great which probably accounts for the rates that the hotel charges. Hotel was quiet and they have ski lockers downstairs close to the parking garage. The lockers are a convenient amenity. Parking can be difficult to find, but they offer valet. Staff was friendly. However, I booked on Hotwire and was charged and extra $30 a day as a resort fee at check in. (I'm not sure Hotwire allows that.) Anyway, our stay was comfortable and we were conveniently located close to the slopes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank trvlpepl
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This was my first stay in keystone and I wanted to stay somewhere central and used this website among others to find a hotel. In case anyone reading this is also a newbie, River Run lift area is more vibrant and is probably where I'd choose to go next time as there is more in the village in terms of restaurants/cafes and I found the buildings prettier. However, the Inn is near two fun bars, across highway 6 (2 min walk) from Dos Locos Mexican (good) and about 5 min walk from the Mountain House base. It's also in a lovely location next to wetlands and with great views of the mountains (especially appreciated from the hot tubs!). So I would happily stay here again. Its also just a pretty 15 minute walk from River Run and probably 5 minutes on the shuttle. The staff at the Inn were particularly sweet and helpful (something I could say about everyone I met in Colorado, actually).

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank svi-nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I got the jaccuzzi suite because i was concerned that the rooftop hot tubs would be crammed with people and that was not the case. We were the only ones using the hot tub outside while we were there, which was really nice. The 'free drink' you get is rolling rock or chardonnay. The rolling rock was warm so I did not drink it. Probably just a fluke. No real complaints, we had a nice time at this place and were more than pleased with the hot tubs.

1 Thank pange411
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Overall the hotel was great. Room was good size, the Black Bear Grill had great food and the staff was friendly and helpful.
The downside to the room was the teeney tiny bathroom. I'm not a super tall person (5'8") but I had to do the stoop and lean back to rinse my hair. The bathroom also had no ventilation, so I had to leave the door open - good thing I was traveling with my spouse!
The bus to the other lift area and village (River Run) was not at the front door, but down the driveway and up to the main road, which was challenging wearing ski boots and carrying skis and poles!
All in all, I might stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 nights in Feb 2012 in room 252--2 queen beds and mountain view (reserved one king bed). Staff was great--always friendly but room wasn't as nice as should be for the price. It is a dog friendly hotel and the last night I could hear one dog whine for a little while, but not a real problem. I like dogs, but didn't like the extra blanket (in closet) being covered with dog hair. Staff did replace blanket quickly. Room was OK, but heat controls not working--we had to open window each night because the room was so warm. Comforter on bed had coffee stain and chain on bathroom toilet kept coming off, so had to lift tank and reattach. Hot tub on level 1 needed water added. The water was barely covering the jets. I don't like complaining about these things because I had a great time and if I have my dogs with me, might stay there again--but for the money, there is probably a better value available. Location is good. Ski lockers on ground floor and short walk to slopes.

1 Thank mturn2
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This a great hotel, located in Mountain House part of resort very close to the ski slopes. This location makes it very convenient to walk to the Mountain House lifts and regular shuttle buses made it simple to get to locations in and around the resort. We stayed in a spacious one bedroom unit with a huge closet in both rooms (equipped with iron, ironing board, humidifier, safe) and a very comfortable king size bed which was wonderful after long days of skiing. The living room had a pullout sofa, another large closet, small under counter frig, coffee pot and cabinets with 4 each coffee cups, wine & water glasses. A pleasant surprise was the room came with 2 full bathrooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The Black Bear Grill serves a limited menu of good, reasonably priced food (for a resort location) and there is a happy (yappy) hour for drinks every evening in comfortable bar and lounge area equipped with tables and chairs, along with sofas and arm chairs multiple TVs, pool table and fireplace. There are several common use hot tubs located in basement, roof and on 5th floor. Free wi-fi and on-site parking, ski lockers and free valet parking available when lot is full. Property is pet friendly and we enjoyed meeting other guest’s dogs in the lounge area, but folks with pet allergies need to take note. We had a great time during our stay at the Inn at Keystone!

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view room, passholders should make reservations thru Vail Resorts by phone or websi...