“GREAT SKI AREA RESTAURANT!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bighorn Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boulder, Colorado
“GREAT SKI AREA RESTAURANT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had a private family dining experience in the "LITTLE HORN" room which is a part of the Bighorn Steakhouse. We had th entire room to our group of nine , all family members of the Altman family. It was a very special dinner to celebrate the hollidays, as well as one of our family members birthday. We dined on Saturday January fourth.
The entire Keystone Lodge was very holiday, festival in decorations, etc. Everyone was in a party mood; and, it was very crowded. This makes for a private dining room in the "little Horn" a must.
I was very impressed with numerous selections on the menu. They all kinds of appetizers, salads and main course selections. They had several fish choices from trout to salmon. They had lots of meat choices from steaks, to chops, to lamb, etc.
I was also impressed to see that they had an extensive selection of wines from French, Italian, and many US choices. It was fun to notice that one of the exciting things we SAW was that WE WERE IN THE WINE ROOM WHERE THEY STORED ALL THEIR WINES. The wine room is in the LITTLE HORN ROOM!
I would also like to mention that our service was sharp and professional. Our waitress was Julie, and she made everything flow very well , including many bottles of wine.
Renting THE LITTLE HORN ROOM is a must for us the next time we are in the Breckenridge, Dillon, Silverthorn or Keystone areas. ; and I would suggest the same for anyone else!!
And yes, most of us did ski.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here as a family on our last night at the Lodge and Spa and were very happy. The food is tasty and the portions are large. Nice (although small) wine list and good service. Lobster Mac and Cheese was very good and had A LOT of lobster in it. Steaks were well prepared and didn't last long. Good atmosphere and view.
Certainly not the best steakhouse experience I've ever had, but definitely a good one.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate (family of 4, kids 10 and 12) here during the last evening of our stay at the Lodge. Food choice was great, I had Colorado lamb and my husband had the Elk ossobucco. We both were very happy with our choice, kids had pasta and chicken from the kidsmenu and were also happy with their choice. Nicely sized portions, great starter salads (kale with melon and blue cheese) in a very cosy dining room with good service so all in all great goodbye to our stay in Keystone.

Milwaukee
“Second Time: Score”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The Bighorn had a big job tonight. They had to win back my heart.
Early this season I booked a large party (15 people) into the Keystone Lodge's only fine dining restaurant. They failed miserably. They were WAY over-booked and understaffed which left forgiving locals and board members scratching their chins.
"Come back!" they begged and I did. But this time it was just the two of us. And they were warned. And, (full disclosure) they comped the entire meal soup to nuts.
That said, tonight The Bighorn was Devine.
Lindy had the pleasure of serving our table and another small-top celebrating a birthday. She was attentive, on her toes and warm to both parties.
We started with a creative charcuterie of smoked salmon, duck, pickled veggies and garlic cheese.
The kale and crispy duck salad was rich and satisfying and served with toasted baguette and a chilled fork.
I had the beef tenderloin which was as requested, medium rare and perfectly warm in the middle. My husband had the buffalo rib eye which was well marbled and complemented with candied carrots and garlic whipped potatoes.
We finished dinner with fudged cake, berries and hot tea. The wine list is vast and user friendly.
Keystone has many jewels in its restaurant's crown: The Ski Tip, Alpen Glo Stube, the Fondue and the Ranch have never disappointed. But the work horse of Keystone's restaurants, the one that is *always* open, needs to be dressed up and turned out for each guest. Every night.

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“So amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Now in all fairness I might be a little biased because I got married the week I ate there but I have also had a lot of great and terrible food. This restaurant was absolutely wonderful. To this day, this is the best Mac and Cheese dish I have ever eaten. My husband got a trio of meats dish that was rather exceptional. I was not as impressed with their escargot vol au vent but I have also never had a taste for it to begin with so I really can't compare it very well. The other starter that we tried was a goat cheese dish which was heaven. It has been a year almost to the day now since I have last been there and I am still dreaming about their Lobster Mac and Cheese.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bighorn Bistro & Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bighorn Bistro & Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.