“Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bighorn Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here as a family on our last night at the Lodge and Spa and were very happy. The food is tasty and the portions are large. Nice (although small) wine list and good service. Lobster Mac and Cheese was very good and had A LOT of lobster in it. Steaks were well prepared and didn't last long. Good atmosphere and view.
Certainly not the best steakhouse experience I've ever had, but definitely a good one.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great atmosphere. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate (family of 4, kids 10 and 12) here during the last evening of our stay at the Lodge. Food choice was great, I had Colorado lamb and my husband had the Elk ossobucco. We both were very happy with our choice, kids had pasta and chicken from the kidsmenu and were also happy with their choice. Nicely sized portions, great starter salads (kale with melon and blue cheese) in a very cosy dining room with good service so all in all great goodbye to our stay in Keystone.

Milwaukee
“Second Time: Score”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The Bighorn had a big job tonight. They had to win back my heart.
Early this season I booked a large party (15 people) into the Keystone Lodge's only fine dining restaurant. They failed miserably. They were WAY over-booked and understaffed which left forgiving locals and board members scratching their chins.
"Come back!" they begged and I did. But this time it was just the two of us. And they were warned. And, (full disclosure) they comped the entire meal soup to nuts.
That said, tonight The Bighorn was Devine.
Lindy had the pleasure of serving our table and another small-top celebrating a birthday. She was attentive, on her toes and warm to both parties.
We started with a creative charcuterie of smoked salmon, duck, pickled veggies and garlic cheese.
The kale and crispy duck salad was rich and satisfying and served with toasted baguette and a chilled fork.
I had the beef tenderloin which was as requested, medium rare and perfectly warm in the middle. My husband had the buffalo rib eye which was well marbled and complemented with candied carrots and garlic whipped potatoes.
We finished dinner with fudged cake, berries and hot tea. The wine list is vast and user friendly.
Keystone has many jewels in its restaurant's crown: The Ski Tip, Alpen Glo Stube, the Fondue and the Ranch have never disappointed. But the work horse of Keystone's restaurants, the one that is *always* open, needs to be dressed up and turned out for each guest. Every night.

Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“So amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Now in all fairness I might be a little biased because I got married the week I ate there but I have also had a lot of great and terrible food. This restaurant was absolutely wonderful. To this day, this is the best Mac and Cheese dish I have ever eaten. My husband got a trio of meats dish that was rather exceptional. I was not as impressed with their escargot vol au vent but I have also never had a taste for it to begin with so I really can't compare it very well. The other starter that we tried was a goat cheese dish which was heaven. It has been a year almost to the day now since I have last been there and I am still dreaming about their Lobster Mac and Cheese.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely view and excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful evening view of lake and mountains. The food was excellent and the staff very friendly.
Too bad the resort adds extra charges to everything you do or buy in the resort. It should be enough to have added charges to room bill without adding to your restaurant bills.

• Visited August 2013