“View was Special” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bighorn Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 37 Restaurants in Keystone
Cuisines: American, Bistro, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“View was Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a great table right by the window. The gorgeous view did not make up for my very poor dinner. They did the right thing and took my dinner and wine off the bill. I ordered the house salad and Striped Sea Bass which was recommended by a server. My husband had Lamb meddalions. House salad was good but had a big strange piece of very sweet peanut brittle type thing on it. I thought is was hard cheese and was disappointed. It ruined the salad. My Entree should never have been served...it was sad. There was about 3-4 bites of fish..thin and with a fried coating. They offered to make something else but that would have been too long to wait and you lose your desire. My husband's dinner was good. I would say give it a try but the server did say something about the apprentices who were working! Others around us seemed happy with thir meals. Just bad luck for me!

Visited July 2013

Landing, New Jersey
“Nancy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had my son's small rehearsal dinner here with a table for 13. The dinners were delicious and the view of the lake and mountains was simply amazing. The presentation of the entrees was lovely, as was the service. It was a perfect choice for this important night.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wichita, Kansas
“Amazing on around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was once of best steakhouses I've been to. Everything was perfect all around. I would reccommend this everyone looking for nice dining option while in Keystone.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seminole, Fl
“Ambience is great, that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The location is beautiful, right next to the skating rink. If you are lucky, your table will overlook it. Gorgeous view. We ate here last year, and came back just for the pretty waiting area outside the restaurant, and for the view at night.
However we had forgotten how lackluster the food/service was. My husband had a steak both times and it was just alright. I got some scallop dinner and it was way too salty and didn't eat it. My son's child's hamburger was just a hamburger, he didn't finish it. I ate it because I was hungry. The bread some of the other posters mention was the highlight.

One thing we always remember though, is the aloof service. We had received the same aloof uncaring attitude from the male server last year that we got from the female one this year. Like they could care less you are here or what you think of them, nothing but the basics. I would expect more considering the cost of the food.

I suppose there aren't too many nice restaurants in Keystone, or at least we haven't found any yet...so if there is no where else, I would suggest this place for the ambience alone. We are done coming here though. Twice in two years was enough.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“Karen provide us with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

At Karen's suggestion we started out with the caramelized goat cheese..yummy!
Spiced honey was drizzled on top, the port wine sun-dried cherries & flat bread made the appetizer simply delicious. The rolls were to die for, brought with a selection of butters. Next we had the chef and "apple" salads..presentations very nice. Followed by our entrees, Scallops and the Filet...Did I mention the rolls lol..the best......everthing was exceptional, especially the service. Thanks Karen!

• Visited March 2013