“Not a high class condo but clean and convenient!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Key Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Key Condos
Save Saved
You added Key Condos to your Saves list
1493 Scr 8, #2951, Keystone, CO   |
Danville
“Not a high class condo but clean and convenient!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in unit 2978 which is located in the Recreation building. It was a great location since we didn't have to go outside to go to the pool. We booked a 1 bedroom and were pleasantly surprised to find a 2nd bedroom with a twin bed in addition to the pull out couch that had a memory foam mattress. The condo was not high class but was very clean and worth the price. If you want high class, then you'll have to pay for high class. We could hear people in the pool at night but not after 9:30 or so. We had plenty of room for our skis, boots and gear. The location is fantastic! Just seconds away from Mountain House and a couple minutes from River Run. We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in unit #2950 in March 2014. It was a nice unit, with many updates. Three bedrooms (double bed, double bed, and two twin beds). The kitchen was well stocked. It was relatively clean when we arrived, and we did get a mid-week cleaning. The only problem we ran into was that Keystone Resorts said we would have three twins in one room (bunk beds). When we arrived they said they did not have any units at all with three twins/bunk beds. We felt misled. They did say they could provide a roll-away bed for $15 per night. After talking to the "manager", he provided the roll-away at no cost. The kids' room was crowded with the roll-away, but it worked out ok. We really liked the location to the Mountain House base - a short walk, but you do have to cross a busy road. The walk may be too long for young kids with skis/boots. The shuttle stop is at the start of the parking lot, and the ride is very short. There is covered parking available, but with a VERY low clearance. Cars were constantly scraping their tops under our floor! We didn't use the pool at all. It seemed very outdated and musty - but we would rather ski than swim. Overall, this condo was nice, in a good location, and a good value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Also stayed in 2977 last week and the bathroom needs a lot of TLC. Never got our mid week cleaning. Heard people in the pool at midnight like they are going to come through our headboard. Main TV box still hadnt been fixed loud as heck. Bedroom TV I had to run all the cable to get it set up just to see that TV cuts in and out. Also got charged a resort fee after leaving and being told nothing of this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian D, Manager at Key Condos, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to offer my apologies for the trouble you experienced during your holiday with us here in Keystone. We have taken your comments very seriously and have replaced the cable boxes. We are also taking bids for renovations to portions of the unit. I would welcome the opportunity to personally discuss your experience in further detail and invite you to contact my office at 970-496-7158. Thank you again for your candid feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Every unit is different; I was in 2977 (small 1bedroom) and it looks absolutely nothing like the management photos. With the exception on the kitchenette, nothing has been updated since the 1970s. This unit is desperate for a coat of paint and a little TLC. Bathroom wasn't clean when I arrived; there were muddy footprints on the floor and gunk in the tub. Tub doesn't drain well and the whole unit smells musty and moldy. TV in the bedroom didn't work at all; TV in the living room was disconnected when I arrived, so I had to set it up and reconnect the cable. The cable box makes a very loud noise (broken fan?), making it hard to hear the TV. Luckily, the WiFi worked flawlessly and the sheets were clean. This unit is noisy - close to the hot tub and pool, and loud mechanical noises can be heard from the bedroom all night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Brian D, Manager at Key Condos, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to offer my apologies for the trouble you experienced during your holiday with us here in Keystone. I want you to know that we typically hold ourselves to much higher standards than that which you experienced during your stay. We have taken your comments very seriously and corrected many of the deficiencies you mentioned and used this as a training opportunity for our staff. I would welcome the opportunity to personally discuss your experience in further detail and invite you to contact my office at 970-496-7158. Thank you again for your candid feedback and I look forward to speaking with you.
Genesee, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I rented a 2 bedroom I found online. The advertisement stated "Rent This Condo for Less than a Hotel Room" Well that was spot on! The unit was bright with lots of Natural Light. I was happy for the blackout curtains. It was very cute, clean and cozy. I was really surprised by the little extras. Down Comforters, super fluffy towels, coffee,games, flat screen TV. My husband was thrilled to find a gas grill on the deck. I think he was also thrilled by the location to the hottub. (Next door) Which maybe the biggest hottub I have been in. It was summer so perhaps not as busy as it might be in winter but we had the tub to ourselves each night.

As the other reviews said it was an easy walk to River Run. I walked to the little Lake area in the mornings too. Nice! I almost don't want to say anything in case this little gem gets full and I have to go back to paying too much for a hotel room!

Room Tip: look online!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

... would help to these otherwise nice condos.

The design flaw is that the daylight for the main room comes from the balcony that has traffic from the other units. Yes, you can use the blinds, but if you can, ask for a unit on the top floor and walk an extra flight of stairs for more privacy.

The carpet in our unit (#2928) was a disgrace, but the unit is for sale and I believe no matter what, it will be replaced by next winter. The kitchen was slightly run down but perfectly fine and well equipped, as was the entire condo (2 TVs, 2 bathrooms), good queen bed although the linen should be replaced. Staff was attentive when asked for towels, firewood, including extra sheets when a virus caused some mayhem in the middle of the night.

The pool and hot tub are nice although sometimes unkempt, some guests (e.g. people leaving cigarette butts) and at times maybe the staff as well should at times be more attentive.

The location is good, a short walk (3-4 minutes) to the next lift, not a true ski in/out but close enough.

Room Tip: top units for privacy, or ask for rooms without porch door as light source for the main room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
keytotherockies, Front Office Manager at Key Condos, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of Key Condos. While we appreciate the feedback, your stay was not with Key to the Rockies. Please consider staying in one of our properties in the future!

Kindly,
Patrice Novak
Reservations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I rented owner direct (2926), owners were amazing to work with, they treated me like Family, sent me notifications of discounted Keystone ski passes, forwarded vet and medical info ahead of time incase we had any emergencies etc. Owners sent photos of the condo and from the pics it looked good. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked into #2926.

The condo worked well for our large group. The “kids” used the pullout sofa and parents slept in the bedrooms, everyone was happy.

The location was 500 yrds to Mountain House. We could've easily walked but we chose to ride the bus that stopped practically right outside our condo. Busses run every 15 minutes so no one in our group ever had to wait long for a ride to a lift. We used the club house all 6 nights of our stay, it had a nice pool, big hot-tub, pool towels provided and coin laundry. This condo had everything we needed and our family had a memorial Christmas Ski vacation. For the price and location we were very happy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Key Condos? Share your experiences!