“Great Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Key Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Key Condos
Save Saved
You added Key Condos to your Saves list
1493 Scr 8, #2951, Keystone, CO   |
jd2001mrg
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

Basic accomodations, nothing fancy. You will have to head to River Run or Dillon for nightlife. Located a few hundred yards from Peru lift, 5 min walk (my 6 yo walked it 4 times) or a 30 second bus ride. Bus stop at condo entrance. Pool, outdoor hot tub, and coomon were OK too. If you are there to ski, you will be fine with this place.

• Stayed February 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I was a bit nervous after some of the reviews. It seemed however that allot of the negative comments were about the management company not the units. I rented owner direct so I had none of the troubles others have mentioned. I was able to see photos of the condo and from the pics it looked good. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to #2926. It was if nothing, better than I thought!

The condo worked well for our group of 5. The “kids” room had a bunk bed that had a full bed and a twin. With a teenager on the sofa everyone was happy.

The location was very good, close to lifts and to River Run. The clubhouse next door was clean with a nice pool, big hot-tub and laundry. Each night we used the hot-tub and met some owners, all were very nice. We also talked with others on vacation and everyone we spoke with seemed pleased with Key Condos. For the price and location we were very happy.

Room Tip: I'd ask to see pictures of the condo before booking anything. Quality seemed to vary from unit...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in a 3bdr, 2 bath for one night. It was an excellent condo with updated furnishings, including the tv. Very comfortable, very near a couple of the lifts. All in all, very nice and I would definitely ask for 2941 next time we come.

• Stayed April 2011
denver, co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I made the reservation on the phone as I was coming into town at about 12:30 on a Sunday. I asked if I could check in early and the Keystone reservation agent said it should be no problem due to having plenty of inventory. I asked for an upgrade to the same type of room but in a better location which was promptly dismissed. She checked me in and said that no room was available but I should call them. I called at 1:30 and the woman made it clear that I wasn't getting a room until much later. She said that the rooms were being cleaned, but they can't all be finished at the same time. I called at 3:55 and they said the room still wasn't ready but gave me the room number. I walked in at 4p and I guess housekeeping just left. My questions are: a) how can every dirty room be ready at 4p? If housekeeping starts cleaning rooms after check-out at 11a, how are some rooms not available shortly after? I lived 60 miles away in Denver. I could have driven home but took them up on their offer to stay up on Sunday night. Why treat this type of guest so poorly?

The problem was that once I paid for the room everyone was snotty and too matter-of-fact telling me to basically lower my expectations. The studio condo was basic but nice. The view was good but I couldn't use the balcony because the upper one was leaking everywhere- so mine was soaked. The pool seemed dingy but good for a family and the hot tub was nice.

Here's a final reason why this is a 1 star operation- there were not enough parking spots below the building so I had to improvise. Some guests had to park outside. It snowed 12 inches! Those cars were buried. I'm glad that I had 4-wheel drive because they didn't plow the driveways. Finally, 12" of snow was all over the outdoor walkways and stairs- so everything was SO dangerous when trying to walk from the room to anywhere. Jerks!

How can Vail Resorts run such a poor operation. Shocking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Colorado, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We booked a 3-night stay in Key Condos through Keystone resort over spring break 2011. We had planned to spend a couple days skiing at Keystone. First off, we paid for a 1-bedroom plus pullout so that we would have room for ourselves and our 2 young children. We checked-in at the River Run base area, then drove to Key condos, which allegedly is at the Mountain house base area, but in reality is just on the road to Mountain house, and is nowhere near the base area or any lifts. You have to drive or take an old school bus to get anywhere. Reaching the condo required you to walk up 3 flights of metal stairs that were impossible for our kids to climb on their own. Once inside we found dirt and sand covering the floors, there was NO pullout sofa-bed as we were promised and paid for, when we complained and asked to be moved we were told 'sorry' and that our reservation was non-refundable. The condo itself was dilapidated, there were exposed electrical wires and the refrigerator was out in the middle of the living-room where it made a racket. Since there was no pullout bed we attempted to sleep on a inflatable mattress on the floor which we luckily had brought. After one night of no sleep we abandoned our entire vacation and went home. I complained to Keystone management but they couldn't care less. Rude people, disgusting condo, avoid at all costs! There are MUCH nicer places to stay both in Dillon and the Brecknridge area I would recommend over this dump.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
keytotherockies, Front Office Manager at Key Condos, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of Key Condos. Please note that your stay and property was not managed by Key to the Rockies. Please consider staying with us in the future. I assure you we take great care of our properties!

Kindly,
Patrice Novak
Reservations Manager
Columbus, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

First off, our truck wouldn't fit in the parking garage. Our unit was not updated. It was not very clean, hairs on bathroom counter, just didn't look as clean as it should. The only spice we had in the kitchen was salt, no pepper. A lot of the kitchen utensils were nasty looking, looked like they were 15 years old and had never been washed. No dvd player, but there was a vcr and a fancy boom box from what looked like 1990. The bed had no sheet on it, we had to find it and put it on. They were not that comfy and only got one good night sleep, that was on the hide-a-bed. There was nothing there to help start the fire, not even matches or a lighter. It was so loud with the heater on, it made an awful noise all night long. Compared to the other places we have stayed, this was by far the worst.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011 via mobile

We only stayed in the condo for one night but we had an amazing time. It was very clean and updated. Our room had a loft that would be great for kids and a full sized bedroom. The t.v. In the kitchen was a nice touch. We will definitely request key condo th next time we stay!

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Key Condos? Share your experiences!