“Bad Hotel Operation. Mediocre Room.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Key Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Key Condos
Save Saved
You added Key Condos to your Saves list
1493 Scr 8, #2951, Keystone, CO   |
denver, co
“Bad Hotel Operation. Mediocre Room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I made the reservation on the phone as I was coming into town at about 12:30 on a Sunday. I asked if I could check in early and the Keystone reservation agent said it should be no problem due to having plenty of inventory. I asked for an upgrade to the same type of room but in a better location which was promptly dismissed. She checked me in and said that no room was available but I should call them. I called at 1:30 and the woman made it clear that I wasn't getting a room until much later. She said that the rooms were being cleaned, but they can't all be finished at the same time. I called at 3:55 and they said the room still wasn't ready but gave me the room number. I walked in at 4p and I guess housekeeping just left. My questions are: a) how can every dirty room be ready at 4p? If housekeeping starts cleaning rooms after check-out at 11a, how are some rooms not available shortly after? I lived 60 miles away in Denver. I could have driven home but took them up on their offer to stay up on Sunday night. Why treat this type of guest so poorly?

The problem was that once I paid for the room everyone was snotty and too matter-of-fact telling me to basically lower my expectations. The studio condo was basic but nice. The view was good but I couldn't use the balcony because the upper one was leaking everywhere- so mine was soaked. The pool seemed dingy but good for a family and the hot tub was nice.

Here's a final reason why this is a 1 star operation- there were not enough parking spots below the building so I had to improvise. Some guests had to park outside. It snowed 12 inches! Those cars were buried. I'm glad that I had 4-wheel drive because they didn't plow the driveways. Finally, 12" of snow was all over the outdoor walkways and stairs- so everything was SO dangerous when trying to walk from the room to anywhere. Jerks!

How can Vail Resorts run such a poor operation. Shocking.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We booked a 3-night stay in Key Condos through Keystone resort over spring break 2011. We had planned to spend a couple days skiing at Keystone. First off, we paid for a 1-bedroom plus pullout so that we would have room for ourselves and our 2 young children. We checked-in at the River Run base area, then drove to Key condos, which allegedly is at the Mountain house base area, but in reality is just on the road to Mountain house, and is nowhere near the base area or any lifts. You have to drive or take an old school bus to get anywhere. Reaching the condo required you to walk up 3 flights of metal stairs that were impossible for our kids to climb on their own. Once inside we found dirt and sand covering the floors, there was NO pullout sofa-bed as we were promised and paid for, when we complained and asked to be moved we were told 'sorry' and that our reservation was non-refundable. The condo itself was dilapidated, there were exposed electrical wires and the refrigerator was out in the middle of the living-room where it made a racket. Since there was no pullout bed we attempted to sleep on a inflatable mattress on the floor which we luckily had brought. After one night of no sleep we abandoned our entire vacation and went home. I complained to Keystone management but they couldn't care less. Rude people, disgusting condo, avoid at all costs! There are MUCH nicer places to stay both in Dillon and the Brecknridge area I would recommend over this dump.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
keytotherockies, Front Office Manager at Key Condos, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of Key Condos. Please note that your stay and property was not managed by Key to the Rockies. Please consider staying with us in the future. I assure you we take great care of our properties!

Kindly,
Patrice Novak
Reservations Manager
Columbus, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

First off, our truck wouldn't fit in the parking garage. Our unit was not updated. It was not very clean, hairs on bathroom counter, just didn't look as clean as it should. The only spice we had in the kitchen was salt, no pepper. A lot of the kitchen utensils were nasty looking, looked like they were 15 years old and had never been washed. No dvd player, but there was a vcr and a fancy boom box from what looked like 1990. The bed had no sheet on it, we had to find it and put it on. They were not that comfy and only got one good night sleep, that was on the hide-a-bed. There was nothing there to help start the fire, not even matches or a lighter. It was so loud with the heater on, it made an awful noise all night long. Compared to the other places we have stayed, this was by far the worst.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011 via mobile

We only stayed in the condo for one night but we had an amazing time. It was very clean and updated. Our room had a loft that would be great for kids and a full sized bedroom. The t.v. In the kitchen was a nice touch. We will definitely request key condo th next time we stay!

• Stayed January 2011
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

We stayed at Key Condos during a snowboarding trip. We had to check in several miles from the property and finding our exact condo was difficult, but we eventually found it and settled in. There was no immediate assistance on property, but we did not need any during our stay.

The decor was warm, with a DVD player and fireplace. The kitchen was fully stocked and was a major plus. The bed was very soft and uncomfortable with inadequate pillows, my boyfriend woke up with a sore neck.

There was "daily maid service" that consisted of two men picking up the trash and making the bed. The did not change towels or even wipe things down, so there was really no point to them.

The condo was too far to walk, but too close to drive. Luckily, parking was free, so we ended up driving some days. With more snow coverage on more hills, expert riders could cut through the trees and make the condo ski in/ski out.

The remote to one of the TV's broke, so we couldn't put the TV on channel 3 to watch DVDs, but there was plenty of football on that weekend, so it was no big deal.

Overall, it was a good place to stay. However, we got a good early-season price. I would not pay mid-season rates for these condos.

• Liked — Kitchen
  • Disliked — The bed - beware if you have any back issues!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lakewood, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I attended a conference for emergency responders at the Keystone Conference Center. My husband and son came along. We choose to stay in a condo. Ended up at Key Condos primarily due to location. My husband and son were skiing out of River Run. Mountain House was in the middle and I could walk to the convention center. They could walk to skiing. Rented a 2 bedroom, forgot what bldg but it is a small complex. The location worked well and the unit was clean, decorated in a modern Crate and Barrel style. My son liked the pool and we all liked the hot tub. The complex is older but is well maintained.

The walk to River Run was not bad, 5 minutes. The walk to the conference center about 15 min. For the price and convenience location we liked Key Condos. Nothing fancy but a good stay.

Little open for skiing but they had fun. Long line at the gondola.

Summit County Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2003

We had the opportunity to go to Keystone this summer for a conference, Rather than stay in a hotel we booked a 2 bedroom condo at Key Condo Complex. The hotel quoted us 99.00 a night the condo was 75.00 for a 2 bedroom! Key Condo complex is right on the river across from the slopes. Perfect location for both summer and winter! We are new to Colroado but are planning on trying to get this condo again for winter. The location was very close to lifts, shops, dining.We had a great time, did some biking and paddleing on the lake, Great views, simply wonderful! Good meals at Ski Tip and Fritz Bistro

Been to Key Condos? Share your experiences!