“Slopeside-Decent Condo but Not a True Ski in Ski out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Slopeside Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keystone
Slopeside Lodge
Save Saved
You added Slopeside Lodge to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1211 Keystone Road, Keystone, CO 80435   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Keystone
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Slopeside-Decent Condo but Not a True Ski in Ski out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We just returned from our stay at Mountain House-Slopeside Condos in Keystone, CO. We stayed in Condo #2800, which had two bedrooms and one bathroom. I thought the condo was decently decorated and we didn't experience any of the noise of hill grooming or snow blowing that others had written about. The bedrooms do get quite warm, so turn down the thermostat quite a bit before going to bed.
I thought the kitchen was a decent size and suited our needs - which was having all breakfasts and most lunches at the condo (and we have two teenagers, lol).
I only have two complaints and neither has to do with this nice condo unit.
One: This is not a true ski in ski out condo, as advertised. You will have to walk down stairs, down a ramp way, across a small bridge then across a small resort road and through or around the Mountain House to get to the lifts. Early in the season (we went for Thanksgiving weekend), there was only one lift of the two open at Slopeside. ALL ski school classes, except for very small children and first timers are all located at River Run. Any activities such as Tubing and the Snow Cat tours are also, guess where, yes - back at River Run. So, next time we will just stay at River Run and save ourselves the constant shuttling back and forth from Mountain House Slopeside to River Run.
Two: Beware of requesting late check out. I requested late check out (and we were prepared to pay for this) when I booked the reservation a month prior to our trip. I called the day we were leaving for the trip to make sure that Late Check was noted on the system (they said it was). I called the night before our departure back home to find out what time our Late Check out was and was told they could not tell me my options until the morning of. I called first thing in the morning to then be told I couldn't have a late check out! Ugh! I could've packed up the night before had this information been told to me 10 hours prior when I called.
All of that being said - we will return but will stay in River Run area instead. The staff at the lifts, driving the busses, working at the ski school, etc. were all wonderful! The slopes were great and snow cat tour was amazing! Tubing was okay (we've had better in other places) but the staff was still fun and nice. Happy Skiing!

Room Tip: Condo #2800 had no noise problems (in November) and was decently decorated
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I understand that each condo/townhouse is individually owned and decorated. That said, I'm not aware that renters going through a travel agency like Southwest Airlines Vacations can choose.

Our condo was decent. The murphy bed was more comfortable that I expected. The kids made do in the pull out but I doubt an adult would have slept well.

The kitchen was OK for simple breakfasts but anything more than the basics and you will run out of room and amenities. Quite a mixed assortment of dishes, bowls, cups and mugs. I'm not sure there was a matching pair in the cabinets.

The pullout did not come equipped with sheets and blankets and a call to the condo front desk did not promise a resolution for almost two hours (short staffed) but the guy was there 30 minutes later.

There were a few stray hairs in the bathroom that kind of grossed me out.

We would book here again given the proximity to the slopes and price although we will probably look for a one bedroom as opposed to the efficiency.

No complaints as to noise but we were one the back side of the unit. I'm not sure it would have mattered as we usually fell asleep at 9:00 from sheer exhaustion.

The jacuzzi's really need some maintenance or to be replaced. Both were leaky and it was impossible to decipher how to turn on the jets.

Room Tip: If you can call the travel agent to get some information on the unit- last refurb, location (away fr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Twin Cities, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Keystone was a beautiful place to be!

We booked through keystone lodge and spa, thought we were staying there. Didn't understand this was a separate building with better location to mountain. Kind of a draw back that they are all private owned/rented condos because they vary room to room but ended up ok. Bed/sheets were clean. Walls were dusty in corners. Bathrooms outdated but fully functional. Kitchen convenient.

Overall we'll return. Friends stayed in river run and paid double us and we were only a 2 minute free shuttle ride from them (and we had underground parking included).

Location is right on slopes with ski lockers. Dillon, frisco and Breck short drives.

Only negative, hot tubs close at 10 pm with locks. Bummer when dinners are later with night skiing.

• Stayed March 2013
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I loved our studio apartment. The balcony was perfect for loading up the kids to go skiing. We had a king bed and a pull out couch. The only downfall was no oven. For some reason they put in a mini fridge even though there was already a full size fridge.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room, go back and ask for a room change. They are all vastly different.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Slopeside Condo #2777 over MLK weekend. We rented it through summitcove.com and were impressed with the service. It was easy to rent online and they called the day before we checked in to confirm our stay. The condo looked exactly like the pictures online, so it was nice to not have any surprises when we got there. The condo is very spacious and we had more than enough room. We didn't pull down the murphy bed since it was just the two of us, but I think you would still have plenty of room with it down.

The location can't be beat. It is right at the bottom of the Mountain House base - less than a 5 minute walk to the lifts (even in ski boots!).

The heated garage is nice too. It's easy to find a place to park and you are close to your condo. While Keystone didn't get any snow while we were there, it was nice to get into a warm car when we left to go somewhere.

It does get a little noisy at night after the slopes close and early in the morning when they are grooming and making snow. If you are a light sleeper, you may not want to stay so close to the mountain.

Do make sure you open all the drawers and look everywhere in the condo for where things are stashed. We were sad that we didn't find the sleds under the bed until the morning we were leaving.

Overall, we had a great experience at Slopeside and would definitely stay in this condo and rent from Summit Cove again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I liked the room. We stayed in a studio and it was nice and cozy. The mattress was not the greatest, too soft for my taste. The view of the mountain was great. However, getting any sleep is next to impossible. They are making snow and grooming all night, which equals to LOTS OF NOISE. So, unless you are blessed with deafness while asleep, I would recommend staying elsewhere. We are staying one more night and they are getting us some earplugs. I will update and inform whether that makes a difference, as earlpugs only reduce noise not block it out. But for sure my first and last time staying near the slopes or even in a resort. I will probably just do a private rental next time.

Our first morning my key stopped working, so I got the run-around to get new keys, intead of hitting the slopes. Overall, the whole experience was very far from satisfactory for the price. It is hard to enjoy anything with no sleep and time spent dealing with a lockout instead of doing what we came here for - skiing.

• Stayed January 2013
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Slopeside Lodge for a mountain weekend getaway and were thoroughly impressed with the location. My husband would have preferred it to be closer to River Run for night skiing but there was a shuttle about 2 minutes away that took us straight there. Otherwise the location was great, with a great view of the mountain.

With that said, I will back others up and state that not all rooms are created equal. We stayed with another couple, both got 1 bedroom condos and there's was approximately double the size ours was. It's true these are all furnished by the owners and I believe our owners haven't done real work in years. The carpet was worn, the closet/trundle bed thing was broken in areas and there were marks on the wall. The place was nice, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't in nearly as nice of shape as our friends. Also, I will say that others are correct when they mention how HOT the rooms are. The first night we were there it was like Africa hot... we didn't sleep very well - it was pretty miserable. The second night was a bit better not much. The place was fully equipped with a stove, dishwasher, and fridge. They also come stocked with all the fixins you need to cook - just remember cooking spray :)

All in all the trip was great!! It's just not a more than average stay - at least not the room we were in - it's all about the room - needless to say if you stay there again, we'll ask for our friends room !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Slopeside Lodge? Share your experiences!