“Love the Snake” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Love the Snake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for the weekend an we advised to go to the Snake for great food and drinks. It was a Saturday night and it was kinda busy but we didn't have to wait at all. The waiter we had was very knowledgable and grew up in the county. The food was great!! I would definitely recommend the prime rib, salmon, or the crab legs. We stayed after to watch the band which was a riot!! The staff was very friendly and we had a great time :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Pennsylvania, USA
“Kiss the Waitress, Fire the Chef”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Four of us stopped by for dinner after a day attending a conference in town. Our waitress was very professional and attentive and did whatever she could to give us an enjoyable evening. She did not get much help from the kitchen.

We ordered the snails as an appetizer, and we received some strange mushroom dish in a brown sauce. It turned out the snails were buried in the mushrooms, but the whole thing was inedible. I then went out of my way to discuss with our waitress why I needed my steak well done. The steak that I received was so raw you could almost hear the steer screaming. The second steak was something approaching medium, but at least I was no longer eating raw meat. Skip the desserts - the ones we tried were so sugary that they destroyed any of the flavors.

TIP: Drive to Breckenridge rather than overpaying for a bad dining experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Broomfield, Colorado
“$31 Dog Treat : (”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just got back from dinner at Snake River Saloon with a group of folks. The setting is okay---little wooden chairs and linen table cloths. I ordered a filet medium rare. It was the worst cooked steak I've ever had. I tried one bite and could not chew the overcooked little ball of meat. I've never sent a meal back, before tonight---but this was awful. Instead of the bernaise sauce promised on the menu--- a thick gooey brown sauce in a cup that tasted like beef bouillon thickened with corn starch accompanied the overcooked filet. The "twice baked potato casserole" was something out of a box and very salty.

To add insult to injury the waiter charged full price and the manager couldn't pick up and run my credit card fast enough. Some dog in Keystone has a nice chewy piece of meat courtesy of me! There are much better places to eat for a more reasonable price in Dillon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Storrs, Connecticut, United States
“Cozy Drinks and Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Keystone when two locals recommended that we try the Saloon for dinner. We were fortunate to arrive during happy hour at the bar and decided to settle down there after we saw the foosball table. We decided to try their fettucine alfredo and spaghetti/meatballs. The service was excellent and timely, and the food was savory and fulfilling. They changed the channel to the Rockies game upon request. We did think the prices were a little extravagant at $9 a plate (9% tip here too yikes!) but in the end we did enjoy our time. Foosball costs three quarters for eight balls so make sure to bring your change!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Colorado
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had rainbow trout and prime rib, it was very good. The service was prompt. Our bill came up to $82 for prime rib with vergatables, trout with a baked potato, 1 glass of wine, 2 beers, 1 decaf coffee, one piece of very rich chocolate cake. Soup/salad was extra, so we skipped it. We were stuffed! Overall mountain restaurant atmosphere, clean, but noisy, making talking/hearing difficult at times.

• Visited July 2013