“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant to stop for dinner at a "saloon," but was pleasantly surprised! I ordered a wonderful filet and my son raved about the chicken Alfredo (best he ever had). My husband said his trout was pretty good. Service was great and we were seated right away. No complaints!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Hubby had the superb crab legs! I had fried shrimp - both were good! Nice little place in mountain town. Service was great - will def visit again :) thanks

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tahxes
“switcheroo”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a nice meal at the Snake, drinks, wine, desserts, check presented, credit card accepted, time to sign and the charge was over 100 dollars higher than the presented bill, no mistake, just a LOT of scribbling on our check, maybe correct, but no explantion, no apology, for me the height of rudeness and customer dis-service, the SNAKE never again. I asked the cashier, his explanation was 'Karen' reconfigured it..., every business needs a witch, apparently Karen is the Snake's uncaring gestapo and customer alienator

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Dinner at Snake River Saloon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Walked in for dinner for 7 on a Friday night around 7:00p. Seated, right away, everyone from hostess to server were very friendly.

Food was very good, decent value for resort area. The adults had Chicken Piccata over angel hair past $25, wife loved it. Brother had the Walleye $24, this is when food envy set in for me, he ordered well done, which they did to perfection, I had the Colorado TBone $31,nice large steak, cooked exactly to requested temperature. The beef was a little on the tough size, but not undeniable.

Kids had Chicken fingers $8, Fettucini Alfredo (reg menu) $24, pasta with butter $5, and kids steak $13, they were all very happy, portions for everyone were generous, even brought some back home.

Our server Joe, was all over the service and did a very nice job, I requested blue cheese olives for my drink, he initially said they didn't have but made them for me regardless.

ambieance was decent, we were in the dining room, a band was playing in the bar section

You may be wondering why not 5 out of 5, I believe it has to be exceptional all around and 4 out of 5 to my is a great experience, if I could have given 4.5 I would, definitely will be back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Barbara County
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate here two nights ago and the food and service was excellent . Our steaks and seafood were cooked just the way we asked for them. The prices were fine for the quality of the food and service.

Visited January 2013