“Nice dinner in River Run” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: U.S. 6
Description: Wolf Rock Steakhouse is a Casual/Upscale family friendly restaurant. We feature Prime Steaks, Sushi Grade Fresh Fish, Freshly Roasted Rotisserie Chicken, and other favorites. Prices range from $10-$40. Our Wine list will suit any palate or budget, bottles range from $24-$200+ and glasses start at just $5. Our Happy Hour Features $4 house wines $3 well drinks $2 Coors Light Drafts and $1 Canned Beer. During Happy Hour all appetizers are priced two for one. We specialize in friendly and efficient service. We can handle any size group please join us for dinner seven nights a week Starting at 4pm. Happy Hour nightly from 4pm-6pm Monday –Wednesday and 3pm – 6pm Thursday-Sunday. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice dinner in River Run”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was the best restaurant we ate at in River Run. Very nice service, good steaks, and good wine. It was a little over priced - but at least it was a yummy meal!

Visited March 2014

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The place was nice and had all the items on the menu you would expect for the prices. Asked waiter between filet and ribeye...he said ribeye...bad choice. Extremely tough and fatty. Filet at table was ok but mine was terrible. The frozen coconut shrimp were bad i added to my steak. There was a gap between breading and meat on shrimp. Too expensive for what i got.

Apex, NC
“Lousy Steaks / High Priced!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We ate at the Wolf Rock on 03/22/2014 and were very disapointed! The resturant itself is very nice and the staff was friendly however i think they had assigned too many tables to our waitress as it took her about 15 minutes just to get water on the table.

My wife had the filet and I had the ribeye and both were in the $35 range which I would've gladly paid had they been quality cuts of meat! Both our steaks were cooked how we asked but hte quality of the beef was just awful - like something you would get at a lower end supermarket! My $35 ribeye, was about 1/2 thick and "nice marbling" was not an accurate description as the menu depicted, more like "disgusting fat". My wife's filet was cooked perfectly, seasoned nicely but was tough! A filet being tough?

On the positive, my son had the chicken pot pie and it along with the wine selection were very good!

Save yourself the money and walk down to Kickapoo!

Visited March 2014
Madisonville, Louisiana
“Liked it so much, went back again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The enthusiastic and attentive staff makes this place even better. They bent over backwards for us. The food was great. The Shepard's Pie was the best I have had outside of London. Wolf Rock has a great assortment of small plates that are filling too. Mostly I enjoyed the enthusiastic wait staff. The manager on duty, David, I believe is his name, never stops moving even when they were slammed. They also were proud of their sister restaurant and in fact spoke highly of their management, as I inquired. This type of attitude is why this place has that good vibe going with their staff. Hard to maintain, but keep it up. Also, do not hold back from making a reservation on line within the 24 hours that is mentioned. I was responded back to within an hour and got in.... albeit, early.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Best in Keystone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is decent enough and the environment is nice, a little formal but not so stuck up that you can't bring along kids and dress pretty casual.

It might have just been us, but our steaks were all under cooked (party of eight with four kids which were well catered for), all arriving rare when requested medium. I was also very upset that the signature elk was not available because the kitchen staff had forgotten to take it out of the freezer! So if you want this, maybe tell them when you make your reservation (which is advised since it gets busy). They did make it up to us though by treating us to a free desert, so hats off for that.

I'd still go back though since the price is comparable to the other restaurants in the resort, the food in general is good, it's a nice environment (especially next to the fireplace), the service is good and it's convenient.

Visited February 2014