“The best staff in Sri Lanka” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arugam Bay
Garden Cottage
You added Garden Cottage to your Saves list
Main Street, Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka   |
Perth, Australia
“The best staff in Sri Lanka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Garden Cottages is a seven cottage guesthouse on the non-beach side of the road, just a short walk across the street to the beach. The cottages are clean with cute gardens and a porch to relax, with a peaceful atmosphere since there's few cottages. They have a bungalow feel and the bathrooms are super clean (kinda unusual for Sri Lanka I found). The kitchen serves some western food and you HAVE to try the pizza. Great wifi reception in your room. This place is great and really good value for money.

The best thing about Garden Cottages is the staff. When I lost my mastercard they did everything to help me from taking me to Pottuvil at midnight, buying me phone credit, staying up with me until 2am while I spoke to the bank, inviting me to eat with them and helping with transport all the way to Colombo. I couldn't have expected or asked for the level of help and kindness from anyone in any country, even in my hometown. They really are the best - and they say 'please don't worry, you are on holiday you must enjoy yourself, we will help you!' Thank you again to Mahamed and the staff at Garden Cottages, you really were my angels.

Room Tip: I like the middle bungalows best
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Garden Cottage? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Garden Cottage

Address: Main Street, Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
Location: Sri Lanka > Eastern Province > Arugam Bay
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #1 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Arugam Bay
Garden Cottage Sri Lanka/Arugam Bay

If you own or manage Garden Cottage, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.