“GREAT PLACE NEAR DURANGO TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars

14324 US Highway 172-N, Ignacio, CO 81137   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ignacio
texas
“GREAT PLACE NEAR DURANGO TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sky Ute Casino & Resort was a real surprise and very affordable . The room was large and very "up town". The whole hotel was very clean and like new! Being close to Durango it was very convenient for shopping and the countryside on the way to the hotel was a beautiful drive. We wish we had stayed longer. The restaurant food there was very good. The very large indoor swimming pool and large hot tub were very relaxing after a long days drive. The bed we had was very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel and casino!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice clean property. Great restaurant, upscale rooms, bowling alley, and medium (by resort standards) event venue. Only 20 miles outside of Durango, it out-classes anything in Durango for upscale decor and recent construction. The Seven Rivers Restaurant is the best I've experienced anywhere around Durango. The casino area is typical, but better ventilated than most of the reservation casinos. Unlike New Mexico casinos, you can actually enjoy an adult beverage in the casino. Some management decisions leave me shaking my head, but the individuals seem to earnestly try to deliver a great experience. There is also an RV area that I didn't know about until we stayed there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
marietta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Came out to Durango and elected not to stay at the chain (Doubletree) or bed and breakfasts in Durango. I must say I absolutely loved the Sky Ute Casino and Resort. I have now stayed here 3 times. I have checked in at midnight once, after midnight once and in the afternoon. No matter what time I check in, the staff is friendly and able to help. The first time I came I had to go to the bathroom so bad when I got here and I asked the front desk where I could leave my bags while I ran. In this day of heightened security and theft boy was I surprised when the lady told me just leave them right there. No one will touch them. She was right.

The rooms are very nice. I've stayed in St. Regis, Four Seasons, etc. and while I would not say the rooms are at that level, they most certainly are just below. The rooms are clean. The lights all work. There were no holes in the floor (like I saw at my last stay at the St. Regis in Atlanta). Every room as a coffee pot and a refrigerator. And not just an electronic bar to gauge the consumer. I will agree with one other reviewer that they need to upgrade their pillows. I usually use one of the decorative pillows under mine to give me more support.

The bathroom each come with a deep but small tub and a very large shower with a nice jet stream. Both my room with 2 queens and a king had 2 sinks in them.

In addition to the hotel, there is a spa. I did not try it out so I cannot comment but it's here in the middle of the Colorado dessert. There are 4 restaurants. I ate breakfast each time at Willows and the pancakes are delicious. It's all basic fare but the quantities are large and the staff is very friendly. When you check in you get a coupon for 25% off your food purchases in the hotel and the staff makes sure you use it. Even when I couldn't find it once, they took my word that I was staying in the hotel. The steakhouse is on a level with the best steakhouses in Atlanta. There is a small cafe where I had dinner my first night here. Basic bar food but it was good. And then there's a snack bar where you can get burgers and dogs that's open 24 hours a day.

The casino is open 24 hours a day but they will close the tables depending on usage. The Craps table is not open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which was disappointing to me but I understood due to low turnout on these days. What's most impressive to me is the pit boss who handled craps not only remembered me between my two stays but remembered my name and said hello to me personally when I came for my second stay. Try to find that in Vegas or Tahoe. I was most amused by the table limits. It's a $3.00 minimum and $100.00 maximum. So, it's a great place to play and if you're careful, $100.00 can go a LONG way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Durango, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms at Sky Ute quite nice. The pillows leave something to be desired, but the room was comfortable and large with a nice walk out balcony. The room had a nice fridge, coffee maker, real cups and glassware. It also had a small sink, something you rarely see; very handy for filling the coffee pot and getting drinking water. The bathrooms are very large, with a tub and separate glassed in shower. Lots of counter space and nice amenities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On our recent visit during our annual fishing trip to the San Juan River we were disappointed to find there is no longer a seafood buffet on Friday nights, our apparently a buffet anytime. The area where we used to enjoy the buffet has been converted to a couple of overpriced restaurants. There is a new sports bar we did enjoy. Our waitress, Angel, there was excellent. We were told by another fisherman we should check out the buffet Thursday nights at the new casino nearby in Farmington, NM, which is actually closer to where we like to catch jumbo trout in the river below Navajo Dam.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Everywhere, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here in an RV in the Resort RV park for $27/night with Good Sam discount. We were very impressed with the RV park. The roads and sites are all paved. Each site has a bbq and picnic table. Sites are separated by gravel strips with some young landscaping. Very new feel and apparently has been open only 4 years. All sites full hookup. Short walk to the back of the casino where you have key card entry to the casino by way of the pool/hot tub/showers. Pool and showers very clean. Upon arriving the RV park host who was very friendly took us to reception and gave us a tour. The hospitality was incredible. Check in efficient and friendly. The casino was modern, new, pleasant, and there is a nonsmoking part of the casino. Have not tried the restaurants so can not comment on that aspect. Will definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel & since it is fairly new everything still looks new! Spent only one night, was there for a concert which was great as well as the venue it was in. Our room was very spacious, clean & comfortable with fridge, micro, balcony, wifi & all the amenities we needed. The bathroom was enormous with separate shower & tub. The bed/pillows are important to me & these were very comfortable. All of the hotel staff was very friendly & accomodating. There is a number of eating areas but especially liked the breakfast/lunch "bistro" where you can get food to go, sit at counter or regular seating. The pool is wonderful; it is indoors, large, warm & has whirlpool. This hotel/casino is in a small town but there are many, many big things to do all within 30 beautiful miles.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms have balconies otherwise overlook interior of hotel.