“Cozy and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of H&H Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
H&H Motor Lodge
You added H&H Motor Lodge to your Saves list
2445 Colorado Blvd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452-0849   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Idaho Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“Cozy and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because the Springs Lodge was full. We had no idea what to expect. The rooms are older but very clean. The beds were comfortable and we will stay here again when needed. Defiantly worth the money we paid. Recommend it to everyone. Way less expensive than the Hot Springs but still need to drive if going to the Hot Springs.

• Stayed February 2014
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guests take You very much for taking time to write nice review about our property.
we hope to accommodate You again. Have great Spring.
Sincerely Grace Z.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I decided last-minute it would be nice to stay in one of our favorite towns overnight so I booked a King room here since our usual choice, the Blair Motel, was for sale, last time we were in town anyway.
When we checked in, we found it sort of odd that payment was required at that time rather than when we checked out, which seems to be the usual practice at other hotels/motels. The hot tub was also broken. We were directed to a room that bordered the noisy road. The room was neat and tidy, though very dated, but the bed was far from King size and the only thing separating us from our neighbors down the hall was a hollow-core door with a chain, dead-bolt and the lock on the doorknob. Neither of us could sleep because of the horrible mattress, pillows, road noise, and paper-thin walls that allowed us to listen to our drunk neighbors. Since we only live an hour and a half away, we decided if we wanted sleep, it was better to go home so we left at 1:30am. I think this could be a decent place if they'd put a little money toward upgrading the mattress/pillows, make the room more secure with better doors/locks and somehow, sound proofing the rooms better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Jennifer C. thank U for staying in our motel, though we are very sorry about Your bad experience. Did U really stay in room #52, which is only available room with king size bed ?
On other hand we had many compliments about other rooms in our property. We put a lot of money into improving it over the 12 years we own it. we hope that next stay will bring You more enjoyment.
Nederland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend.We have no complaints because 64 is cheap and we only stayed one night........... Long story short : I awoke to a very strange , dark , triangular shadow up in the corner of the ceiling. I went back to sleep terrified and my boyfriend was up all night seeing shadows as well, moving in the corner of his eye and subtly across the room. No we DON'T do drugs and had no drinks that night so I am convinced it wasn't just in our heads. I guess the main reason I am writing this is to see if anyone else experienced this here..... I was/ am genuinely scared !!!! what the heck did we see?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Jennifer,
we run this business from distance, so we would like to investigate what could be there. Would You please let us know what unit # You stayed in ?
Sincerely Waldek
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was a true pleasure and I wish we were able to stay longer. Hopefully I will come back but I the meantime I will highly recommended you motel. It was wonderful. Office lady was wonderful in helping us and giving info on the hot springs. The other ladies were also helpful and always had smile. Nice going all.
Jan

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Jan, thank You very much for taking time and putting nice review about our property.
Hope You will be back.
Sincerely Waldek
Montrose, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I left a personal belonging at this motel and I had to wait two days to find out if it was still there. The person in charge did not want to disturb the person in the room. When I found out it was still there I asked the motel management to please mail it to me. I would gladly reimburse them for the postage. Here's what they told me I had to do. I had to mail them a postage paid box with my address label on it. It would end up costing me almost as much as a new item. I would also like to say the room was dingy and the carpet was old and crummy. The sheets on the bed felt like they had not been washed in a long time and the springs squeaked. I would not recommend this place to anyone passing through Idaho Springs. There are many other nicer motels there. I have stayed there many times and this is the treatment I got. Another little note, the police were there investigating something that happened in a room when I called them the first time and also there were people, one with blood on her nose, in the parking lot who were arguing and were either on drugs or alcohol when I arrived there. The people staying next to me complained about the noise coming from another room also and ask if I had heard it. I will never give them my business again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Grace Z, Owner at H&H Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Sir, we are very sorry about Your bad experience with our property. We own to businesses
and the one You stayed is mostly run by our Employees. Employees are always overworked and underpaid, so apparently person who You call to was afraid to risk the personal money if You won't reimburse her or him. Our other business is also connected to the tourist industry and we often send "lost and found" items, not always been rewarded for postage, gas and waiting time in
the post office line. But i am the owner, so i can afford it for the good of my business reputation.
If i would know about it, for sure the item would be returned to You. Maybe in future e-mail us
about issues, so we will be able to take care about it.
Linens we buy regularly, often restocking the inventory. We have Housekeeper living in the property, so the linens could be exchanged any time, or You could request different room.
We hope that You still give us a chance to erase bad impression, as we do improvements all the time and have wide variety of units.
Sincerely, management
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is on the main road, it was clean and neat. Good bed. It had coffee, fridge, TV and Microwave. We even laundered our clothes in the laundromat (the front desk gave us change).
Cheap and no frills place (64.25$ for one night Aug. 5, 2013).
Walking distance from the nice downtown area of Idaho Springs. Next to a supermarket.
The place was full.
Quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Ours was ground floor.