“Quality brew and decent fair, what more to ask?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Quality brew and decent fair, what more to ask?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I shared a meal and a few drinks with my friends at this place, I liked it a lot. Local brew is something you must try, and that's a microbrewery setting, which is even better. The food was all right if not outstanding. Recommend.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Indiana
“Good brats and good beer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Seven of us had lunch at Tommyknocker's while driving I-70. The food and beer were quite good. All seven enjoyed the lunch and wanted to stop again later in the week, but the travel plans didn't allow.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“always good consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

liked the brew the super nice server being able to watch brewmaster work,tables at the window, salsa could be improved needs to be worthyof the beerthere

Visited September 2013
California
“No thank you”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After a long day hiking up around Mt. Evans, we were ready for a good beer and a meal. The beer was just "ok" and a little overpriced given the fact at this was a brewery. I could have lived with just having a beer, but it was the food that was not good. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. When we asked for his suggestions on what was good--he replied that the soup and the fish tacos were great, as was the pulled pork. So, we took his suggestions. First of all, the soup was not even lukewarm, and had to be reheated, the pork sandwich came on a cold, kind of stale bun, but the fish tacos were probably the worst I've ever had. I come from the home of fish tacos (and we were in Colorado--miles away from the ocean), so I why did I even order this?. The greasy fish was laying on a hard flour taco with melted cheese, and that was it. Salsa was on the side. No cabbage, no white sauce, no corn tortilla, no cilantro or anything redeeming to put on it other than salsa. Loved the name of this restaurant but not the food. I have them 2 stars because the waiter was a nice guy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harrison
“Excellent quality meal in a very small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ended up at Tommyknocker purely because we were starved and the place looked interesting.

My friend & I shared an appetizer of deep fried mushrooms. The mushrooms where huge, which usually means they would be undercooked. Not so, plus they were served with home made ranch which was delish! I ordered their Artichoke and Tomato soup. OMG it was stunningly rich and tasty. Ended up only snacking on their fish tacos (main course)- which were made up of large portions of fish, chipotle sauce and their home made salsa. I was simply too full from the fried mushrooms and cup of soup.

Quite frankly Tommyknocker Brewery could compete in any large city and do quite well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food