“Needs deep deep cleaning and serious upgrade!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Indian Springs Resort
Save Saved
You added Indian Springs Resort to your Saves list
302 Soda Creek Road, Idaho Springs, CO 80452   |
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Needs deep deep cleaning and serious upgrade!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Inn was small for my husband, my two children and I. The sheet on one bed was stained with god knows what, and the same with the bedspread. The room had a funky smell to it which our cat at home thought so, too. The pool was in its own way nice but was dirty and had floaties in the water. Not to mention the floors in the hall leading to the pool were dingy and just plain gross. My oldest daughter broke out in a rash after visitng the pool twice, still unknown what it was. Expected more for what we paid for sure. Because of "swimsuit optional" rules in the caves, the kids werent allowed with good reason. Overall very disappointing, dont think we'll be going back. Got a better deal with a better room at the argo across the street which just so happens to be their "sister property". Everything needs an upgrade and a DEEP DEEP clean!!!! Those sheets were nasty.....ewwwww..........

Room Tip: I would avoid the Inn rooms, and maybe the whole hotel. I havent heard good things about the other r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Copalis Beach, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place is a dump. our room was so small and we did not have a shower or a place to put our suitcases. There was a pipe in the bathroom that was so hot you could get a bad burn if you touched it. Way over priced, they say you have access to a shower and the pool, we looked at the pool, it was green, and lots of kids and babies in the pool. In the morning I guess they turn on the water or heat, the whole room shook with noise. we were there during the time change and no one was there in the morning to make the coffee, the housekeepers that were there just stood around not doing a thing, I guess they were there at the wrong time. What a horrible stay!
Way over priced !!

Room Tip: do not stay in the resort part if you have to stay there.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We liked this place alot. We were looking for another historical hotel to stay in. As one would expect, this place is not state of the art, but our room across the street at the Inn was clean and accomodations were fine, We had their package deal, King Room, Private Hot Springs and 25.00 toward dinner .( a cold continental breakfast is added for Sat and Sun mornings) Remember you are in rustic hot springs motels that catered to people in the late 1800"s - GO. ENJOY!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This stay was horrible, the hotel is very different from the website. Hotel staff is hit or miss if they are friendly or not, and be prepared to wait if you need anything from the front desk as there is always at least 2-3 people in line. There are mineral baths which in theory is a neat idea but it needed a LOT of updating, it was kind of dark and dungeon-like. The cave baths are separated by gender, and swimsuits optional.
While in town, we had stopped at the local business. We told them where we were staying, and sadly, they stated "we wish that place would burn down so they could start fresh and put a beautiful spa/resort in there" as well as "every time we have to go in there, we feel like we need to shower when we leave" it was really disappointing that even the local businesses felt it was not up to sanitary standards, which was one of the concerns we had when we walked in the room. For example, the carpet was permanently dirty and stained (not saying that it wasnt vacuumed) as well as bunched up in the center, the tv was disgustingly dirty, there was an exposed dimmer in the bathroom with no wall plate covering it, which not only is extremely unsafe but most likely is not a code standard and could lead to be a big citation if that was reported, and the sheets were stained with burn marks. It was also extremely tacky that the plastic was still on the lamp shades!! In addition, the bed was caved in the middle and I woke up with an extremely sore back.
We didnt even go in the pool which was a main reason we were attracted to the hotel, but didnt feel comfortable going in it based on how things were kept up around the hotel. Had I drove up to the hotel without a reservation, I would have left immediately. The only reason we stayed is because we had a reservation and most likely there would have been a cancellation fee (as 99% of hotels have).

Room Tip: The Lodge is the newest, not attached to the main hotel/pools/etc and the second floor is stairs onl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed two nights in a lodge king room. The room and bathroom were generous in size and very comfortable. The private tubs and pool area provide an enjoyable, uniquely Colorado mountain spa experience.

From the other reviews, I was concerned about staying here. Not sure what you can expect with a room rate and mineral pool access together for around $100. If you are looking for the Ritz or a chain hotel experience this is not the place for you, but if you want a relaxing atmosphere to soak up some history, then try it, you might just unwind a bit!

Room Tip: The Lodge has large rooms with a table chairs and love seat.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was on my own for one night in Colorado after visiting friends in the Denver area and decided to drive to Idaho Springs. I didn't have reservation, but rooms were available. Check in was a little slow because you have to wait in line with folks who want the pool or bath, but they were polite and took time to answer my myriad of questions. I opted for the lodge across the street, since those rooms have a private bath. The cave pools are exactly that, tunnels in the rock with geothermal mineral water. Men and woman have separate caves, and clothing is optional. After a good soak I went for swim in the warm mineral swimming pool. They are working on replacing the roof, but that didn't bother me at all. Back to the cave for anther soak, followed by one of the best massages (Tara) that I have had in a long time. The room was small, but clean with a very comfy king bed. I had no issues at all and enjoyed my stay, but if you are expecting 3 or 4 star luxury this is not the place for you. There is no on site food or fridge, but there is a small coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nevada, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night was supposed to be 2 but the pool area was disgusting and the roof over it non existent. They had workers above you in the pool sanding rust and blue paint that an awful tarp hovering 3 feet above your head in the pool was supposed to catch....it didn't. The pool was full of rust and paint. The bar and tiki hut closed and holding garbage. I was informed that I was supposed to be told from the initial reservation that they were under construction. I talked to the resort 4 times before we got there and actually booked and rebooked and was never told about construction. I booked this for my birthday and was very disappointed

When I spoke with the girl that was working the night shift she informed me that there was nothing she could do but to speak with the manager Tessa in the morning. Tessa would not come out so we talked with another "manager" that was very unapologetic and refunded our money but was very smug about it. They could care less about guest experience...very disappointed...

We had an inn room...the door in the shower stuck and they were small and not very nice, I was willing to put up with it but in seeing the pool and the caves...no go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Indian Springs Resort? Share your experiences!