“Great Rustic Mountain Spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Indian Springs Resort
Save Saved
You added Indian Springs Resort to your Saves list
302 Soda Creek Road, Idaho Springs, CO 80452   |
Fairbanks, AK
“Great Rustic Mountain Spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed two nights in a lodge king room. The room and bathroom were generous in size and very comfortable. The private tubs and pool area provide an enjoyable, uniquely Colorado mountain spa experience.

From the other reviews, I was concerned about staying here. Not sure what you can expect with a room rate and mineral pool access together for around $100. If you are looking for the Ritz or a chain hotel experience this is not the place for you, but if you want a relaxing atmosphere to soak up some history, then try it, you might just unwind a bit!

Room Tip: The Lodge has large rooms with a table chairs and love seat.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was on my own for one night in Colorado after visiting friends in the Denver area and decided to drive to Idaho Springs. I didn't have reservation, but rooms were available. Check in was a little slow because you have to wait in line with folks who want the pool or bath, but they were polite and took time to answer my myriad of questions. I opted for the lodge across the street, since those rooms have a private bath. The cave pools are exactly that, tunnels in the rock with geothermal mineral water. Men and woman have separate caves, and clothing is optional. After a good soak I went for swim in the warm mineral swimming pool. They are working on replacing the roof, but that didn't bother me at all. Back to the cave for anther soak, followed by one of the best massages (Tara) that I have had in a long time. The room was small, but clean with a very comfy king bed. I had no issues at all and enjoyed my stay, but if you are expecting 3 or 4 star luxury this is not the place for you. There is no on site food or fridge, but there is a small coffee pot in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nevada, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed one night was supposed to be 2 but the pool area was disgusting and the roof over it non existent. They had workers above you in the pool sanding rust and blue paint that an awful tarp hovering 3 feet above your head in the pool was supposed to catch....it didn't. The pool was full of rust and paint. The bar and tiki hut closed and holding garbage. I was informed that I was supposed to be told from the initial reservation that they were under construction. I talked to the resort 4 times before we got there and actually booked and rebooked and was never told about construction. I booked this for my birthday and was very disappointed

When I spoke with the girl that was working the night shift she informed me that there was nothing she could do but to speak with the manager Tessa in the morning. Tessa would not come out so we talked with another "manager" that was very unapologetic and refunded our money but was very smug about it. They could care less about guest experience...very disappointed...

We had an inn room...the door in the shower stuck and they were small and not very nice, I was willing to put up with it but in seeing the pool and the caves...no go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is not a family resort. My wife and I intended to stay for two nights with our 12 year old and 14 year old boys. After 30 minutes we requested a refund and checked out. It felt like a brothel. "Large" people in the lobby with their shirts off; couples groping each other in the pool... ick. In addition, the place is dirty, the pool was gross, no air conditioning, the "tiki hut" in the pool area was a garbage storage area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a room at the Indian Springs Resort when we came to Colorado to run the Slacker Half Marathon (a great race by the way). This old hotel could be so nice with serious, deep cleaning and major repairs. We stayed in the rooms across the street from the main inn. The carpet was dirty, woodwork under the sink broken and I could not find the outlet to plug in the bedside lamp. I asked the handyman to help find it because I was unwilling to pull out the bed and feel around for the outlet. The coffee pot was perched on some kind of homemade stand and I was concerned about it falling off. Not steady or safe. The bathroom is very small and has a loud light/fan combination. On the upside, the bed must be new because it was quite comfortable.
The pool is big and when we were there, full of kids who were tossing bean bags. The roof is in serious need of repair and generally the pool deck and area is shabby.The hot mineral water in the pool was a nice change from chlorine. We ventured into the Caves for a soak, and though they are dark, dank and creepy, the mineral water is very hot and worked wonders on our post-race muscles. Once I got over the feeling of being enclosed, it was an okay experience and it is a cave, after all.
When we walked up to check in, I said to the clerk, "I have a reservation" and she replied, "I need your credit card and an ID." No "Welcome" no "hello" no "And your name is..." She was poorly organized and it took quite a bit of time to get checked in.
They do have fees for use of the outdoor tubs and other things (Mud spa, maybe the Caves) and the fees apply to guests and visitors.
I think if I were to come back to the area I'd not stay here, but perhaps come in to use the pool and Caves. The Inn and springs are historic and needs to be preserved, but it doesn't appear that anything is happening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our 3rd overnite stay at the resort and our 5th or 6th time at the pools. As usual, we had a wonderful stay. It looked to me like it had a fresh coat of paint, new maintenence and a good cleaning since our last stay. We have stayed at the historic hotel (would not recommend it) it is just old. We've stayed at the inn, a little better. This time we stayed in the lodge. It was more updated, roomy, comfortable and very clean. A very comfortable king mattress. A much bigger bathroom than the inn or the hotel, but it only had a shower (a big shower). We enjoyed the main pool, it was clean, hot and freshly painted. The plants were pretty and well kept. We also rented an outdoor private hot tub. It was really nice, just be sure to check the tempeture before you get in. They may have to turn it up for you. The staff was busy, but really nice and helpful all the time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the old part of the main hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed a night here, and while the hot springs pool, baths, and hot tubs were nice to soak in, the place had an overall feel of being very run down. While I would be the first to agree that historical parts of this hotel should be preserved, places like the indoor baths, Hot tubs, and caves need some serious help. We stayed in the "Inn" part of the hotel. Rooms are very outdated, but were at least clean. The breakfast was a joke. Two toasters (neither worked well), some stale pastries & bread, dry cereal, and watered down juices do not make for even a decent cold breakfast.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning in any rooms. Go here for the springs, and do it during the cooler ti...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Indian Springs Resort? Share your experiences!