“Deplorable Rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Indian Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Idaho Springs
Indian Springs Resort
You added Indian Springs Resort to your Saves list
302 Soda Creek Road, Idaho Springs, CO 80452   |
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
“Deplorable Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband & I decided on Indian Hot Springs as it was only an hour long drive. When we arrived to check in & choose extras such as spa svcs the lady at the front desk informed us they were out of mud so there went the thought of mud bath, not cool. We got a room in the lodge & as we walked into the lodge it smelt musty, then came the room.... As we entered the room it was still decorated with what appeared to be the original furnishings, yuk! The bed was rock hard, carpet was also original & filthy. Lighting was dim in the room & bathroom too. I was wondering why I couldn't find bedroom pics on their website & now I know why. If people saw the rooms they wouldn't even consider it. Also, the bedroom didn't have a window screen so if you wanted fresh air your room was completely open.

I will never go back or recommend this place to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Don't expect luxury here. It's not as awful as other people make it out to be, it's just not the Ritz or Four Seasons. We stayed in a cabin, which was nice. The cabins are newer, have a full kitchen outfitted with utensils, and are very comfortable. It would probably be a decent option for a family as there is a separate bedroom and then bunk beds in the hallway. There is a small stream outside the cabins that masks some traffic noise and noise from the campground. There is no AC in the cabins, but that obviously wasn't a problem for a visit in May.

The mineral pool was adequate, although it could use some serious upgrading. Unfortunately, spa decorum is not observed at the mineral pool. There were both children and drunk adults disturbing the peace in the afternoon and the evening. Go in the morning for quiet, or reserve a private room. Mineral caves are a little creepy, but the heat and water felt good. For the price, I was fine with the quality.

Massages were just ok. This was the one item I thought was overpriced. The masseuses were not quite as refined as I would expect for an $85 pp treatment. Also, the treatment room was cold.

Location is close to town and there are several restaurants and shopping. Wouldn't go back, but would recommend it to someone who wants a spa experience on a budget.

Room Tip: get a cabin
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Indian Hot Springs has three separate accomodation areas-we stayed at the Inn. The walls at the Inn are very thin. We could hear the conversations in the room next door and could hear an inconsiderate lodger banging around in the room below us. I travel a lot, and the noise was worse than average. Although the room was clean, the bedspread was worn. It was soon to wear all the way through into a 5" x 5" hole. The housekeeping was disappointing. They pulled the covers over the bed without bothering to tuck in the pillows or even out the bedspread. I'm not picky, but it seemed like the minimum expectations for lodging weren't met. If you are going for the hot springs or pool, keep driving to Glenwood. The pool has limited deck space, so it is not comfortable to sit or put your things down. There are a handful of plastic picnic benches and that's it. If you drive west another two and a half hours, you'll spend the same amount of money at the Colorado or the Hotel Denver and have a much better experience at the Glenwwod Hot Springs pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have no words about this disgusting dump. Do not stay here. The smell itself will turn your stomach. I walked in the door to stay the night and asked to see a room first (based on previous reviews). Dirty tiny room and filthy spa made me turn around and leave.

Room Tip: Don't go here. That's the best tip I can give
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Please note that I have never written a review for any place, however I felt deeply about saving someone else from putting their family thru what we just experienced... We have lived all over, and traveled extensively. Because we're from Colorado, and have never been to these hot springs, we thought we'd try something local. I booked two nights as well as a private bath for our arrival day. Upon arriving I noticed that the lobby was cluttered, particularly the walls-with unimportant information and outdated message boards. I was under the impression that this was a very historical place that should have maintained a very peaceful presence, that was not the case. We went into our room (in the Inn) and I was surprised by the small size of the room, however it appeared clean. We put on our suits and went to the pool, that's when the hair on the back of my neck began to rise. There were un-kept plants everywhere, very dirty walkways, and an outdated, dirty greenhouse cover. There is a very dated "Cabana" bar for food and drinks in the pool area, and personally I was afraid of the bartender, led alone the food or drink. The pool itself was very crowded, and not to sound judgmental, but I was pretty certain you needed a post prison tattoo to enter. That's when I noticed the look of fear in my children's faces. You know when you're in an ugly situation and you immediately get that "it's not so bad" look on your face until you can figure out what you're going to do? I was there. We spent about 15 minutes in the pool, and then it was time for our private bath reservation. I was open to the possibility that this might be a better experience, so we went. I did not let on to my husband that I was completely freaked out. As we walked the long white tile hallway with PVC on the walls, I was still searching for some essential oil smell, clean area, or relaxing music-to no avail. It was basically a tiled tub sunk in the wall with a tacky corner shower and a broken timer screwed to the wall. All I could wonder was how this room was cleaned thoroughly and how often that might happen... At this point there was not one inch of my body that felt clean, and I truly began to wonder about parasites. My husband and I began to talk about how badly this place needed a person with tons of funding to possibly revamp the entire facility, and how much money that may take (the name Trump came up). We left the private bath and went to our room to shower. After dinner with our three children and putting them to bed, we literally stayed up until 4:35am talking about what we would do now. I admitted to my husband that I could not spend one more minute in this hellhole, and the fact that it was Easter weekend and Spring Break, that only made it worse... Although the room appeared clean, I still could not sleep on the sheets. The nightly entertainment hosted paper thin walls, and the lovely enjoyment of listening to not one, not two, but three drunks have an exciting sex life. I was also privileged in listening to all three men use the toilet as an added bonus. I was thanking God that my children were asleep. We decided that first thing in the morning we would speak with the front desk and inform them that this was not the place for us, and we needed our second pre-paid night refunded. I did just so, and to my surprise I was not even asked why we did not want to stay. The front desk did make me speak with a manager, and again-there was no surprise that we were leaving, and not even an attempt to ask us why. The last piece of information I will leave you with is about the included breakfast. I wish I would have taken a picture of it! It consisted of three different junk cereals and a laid out loaf of bread. Breakfast did not include fruit, yogurt, or anything else. I think it probably cost the hotel $9-$12 total, and it was so bad people were not even eating. It was not enough to sustain my three children, and we had to hit a cafe after we left. In summary, please take my word for it, and skip this place until you read a huge article in the paper in regard to a complete revamp by a new owner! As we left we took one last look at some historical photos of the springs, and it was heartbreaking. I saw one picture of the new hotel staff all dressed in white, smiling and obviously very proud of their new hotel. I told my husband that somehow I didn't think that this current reality was what they all had hoped for this great historical place... How sad...

Room Tip: I would not rent a cabin here as they are simply trailers covered in wood, and only 10 feet apart, a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We checked in here for one night 2013 march 30

The place smelled quite damp and horrible. That could still be overlooked because it is a spring after all. However the rooms and amenities were terrible for a hotel at this price. Small room - not very clean. working TV, no refrigerator or iron.

We asked for some toiletries(toothbrush, toothpaste) - they did not have any.
In the morning we asked for some plastic spoons but they said we could only get those between 8 and 10 AM because they were in the breakfast room. Apparently it was a big no no to get them from the room. The pool was not open in the morning until 9.

Overall this is not worth half its price and the staff is horrible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent the night at the INN for my birthday and did the $99.00 special which included the room, a $25.00 discount off a resturant ( we ate at the Bufflo Bar), 2 $20.00 discounts off massages, the pool, the caves and a private bath. I did not want to leave. I could stay forever. It's not fancy, but it was just right in giving me a wonderful special Birthday present to myself.

Room Tip: Stay at the Lodge or the Cabins as they are in better shape. Stay at the Inn if you want to walk out...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Indian Springs Resort? Share your experiences!