“Tired Rundown facility” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 13 Activities in Idaho Springs
Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: World Famous Indian Hot Springs in Denver's Back Yard! Come up into the foothills of the Rockies and relax in our naturally hot mineral baths. A quick drive West on I-70 only 30 minutes away from Denver. From our most popular Vapor Caves to the Outdoor/Indoor Private Baths or the Tropical Swim Pool, be assured you will find what soaking experience you desire. Full Spa Services are also available daily.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Pine, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
“Tired Rundown facility”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have visited many of the hot springs facilities around Colorado. Sorry to say, this is one of the worst. The pool is small, with little room around it. The "locker" room if you can call it that, was three showers and a narrow hallway, which couldn't accommodate the 5 people that were in there trying to change. Overall, the facility is just old and worn out. For the price of admission, I'd say this wasn't worth it. To be fair, we didn't visit the hot caves nor the private springs rooms, but given what I saw, I won't be going back any time soon.

Visited May 2014

colorado
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here because the pass was closed due to weather. I have always wondered what it would be like staying here. I am glad we booked a room! We got a VIP package little over a 100 bucks included a room 25.00 gift card to a local restaurant and a private bath. I was a little apprehensive due to all the terrible reviews but, we had fun! Nice people, very relaxing hot springs, and beautiful views...give them a try! :-)
Hillbuddy's fireside restaurant for breakfast was great!! Get the breakfast burrito and a blueberry hubcap pancake, you won't be disappointed!

Visited May 2014
MINOT
3 attraction reviews
“DON'T GO HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place was a filthy mess. Not only was the room dirty and out dated when we asked for it to be cleaned they couldn't even vacuum. REALLY the floor was full of sand. The ladies at the front dest didn't know their job and were rude to all people that I saw. The hot tub was full of dirt and the pool was out dated and needed a good cleaning as well. We were woke up by people screaming and banging doors at all hours of the night and since the desk closes at 10:30 who can you tell. The so call breakfast well lets just say my bread was in 3 sections of the toaster for 15 min and never got brown. The massage was good but over priced and you had to pay for everything you did there. I won't be going back to that place. The town was great and all others were friendly in town, We would return but not stay there. Had the best time at the Phoenix Gold mine.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't Go Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family and I visited the Indian Hot Springs looking for a fun, relaxing time. That was not the case. Upon arrival we noticed the place looked worn down and motel-like. The inside was dated and the entire building held a dirty stench. Upon our request, an employee allowed us to look at the hot spring pool before we purchased the 17 dollars per person tickets. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The pool was an acid green color, packed full of screaming children, and was an unaccommodating size for the number of people frolicking in it. Let's just say I wouldn't enter it even if I was given the 17 dollars. Alas, we all agreed to pass up that experience and sauntered back through the creaky hallway to the lobby. The people 16 and up in our group decided to check out the 'Geo Thermal Caves', hoping they would make up for the lacking pool. They did not. The caves are gender separated, which was nice but that was about the only good thing about them. Walking into the cave I felt like a miner descending into a coal mine. The air felt thick, it was mucky and wet, there was a sole light bulb hanging from the ceiling, and I felt like I was coming down with the black lung thanks to the lacking ventilation. The various in-ground hot tubs were murky and there were pipes coming in and out of almost all of them in an unneat and hazardous manner. If I didn't know better I'd think the caves were under construction. Obviously we vetoed the Geo Thermal Caves and made our way back to our rented home empty handed. All in all, don't go here.

Visited March 2014
Boulder
4 attraction reviews
“Always a great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We always enjoy stopping and/or staying here during ski season. It's close to several ski areas and the Denver Metro area. They run various package deals throughout the year which make staying there an attractive option. The package includes a free private soak in one of their tubs, $25 towards dinner at a variety of restaurants in Idaho Springs and use of the pool. The pool is covered and features various tropical vegetation including palm trees, various ferns and Birds of Paradise, etc...

The resort is old but, kept up adequately. I'm sure this equates to funky for many, but it's fine by us. One nice new option is the 4 cabins you can rent. They have a full kitchen, a queen bed and bunk beds to accommodate 4..... We drove up on a Sunday afternoon and stayed two nights. Skied during the day and soaked at night. Lots of locals and tourists hit this place on the weekend...fyi...

Visited March 2014