“Poor Security” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Poor Security”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I checked in after dinner and was given keys to my king suite. I was shocked upon entering the room to find that the room was already in use by another party and several suitcases were placed about the room. I was quite surprised that the Marriott would allow another party to access the room already in use by another party. This could have been extremely embarrassing for me and the other guests and makes me question the security of this hotel.

I promptly let the desk attendant know of the situation. It took him about half an hour to resolve this and all the time promised me additional Marriott points for my trouble.

Upon checkout, the morning desk attendant also apologized and added a comment that she would make sure I received points for my trouble.

Needless to say, the points were never credited to my account. I left a voice mail with the manager (Nick) about this situation along with my contact information. Nick didn't credit the points or even make the courtesy of returning my call. It seems that these were just false promises to appease me while I was on the property, although I was more than nice about the situation.

All in all, I was quite displeased with my experience. I expect more from Marriott properties and would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get one that isn't in use by another family.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shawnee, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights on a leisure trip. Lobby and breakfast area are nice and the free breakfast is great! Waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, eggs and bacon, bagels and pastries just to name some of the options. Our room was just average, the beds are poor for a Marriott, the AC in our first room only worked occasionally, and the elevator went out on our checkout day. Being on the 3rd floor, this was a nuisance. Also, ice machine is only on the first floor, another inconvenience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The service at this place was amazing! The breakfast attendant, Joel, even wore gloves! It felt like the staff was one big happy family. Even the housekeepers that spoke mostly spanish still took the time to greet me in the hallways and elevator. I didn't even care that the jacuzzi was broke. I just took a hot bath in my room since the tub was so clean. This was the best stay I've had in a long time, if there were microwaves I would want live there!

Christ Church, Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here while in the area for a friend's wedding. It was a standard Fairfield Inn, no big surprises -- the free breakfast, while not delicious, is... well.. free. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There is an indoor pool with hot tub/spa, which is great. Our kids LOVED that there are wild bunny rabbits living in & around the parking lot! :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Extremely friendly staff and a clean facility. I stay at Marriott properties regularly and this staff is better than many, being very attentive to needs. The facility appears to be an older one but is well kept. The breakfast area is a bit tight but the food is very good. The coffee is great. Room lighting could be better but we had a microwave, a refrigerator, a sofa and plenty of space. We'll definitely stay at this property again when the family is along.

• Stayed June 2014
Clay Center, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

$79 on a Saturday night for a very clean, non smoking, non pet room, what a deal. Had a nice breakfast in the morning. Bed was good too. Will remember to look for business/tech centers to look for weekend rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
wichita kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Usually Marriott Hotels are known for there service, not this one. Also I have worked at hotels even as a night auditor so I am usually patient.
First we were coming in late so I called that afternoon to let them know I would be in after midnight. I stroll into town after midnight so I go to check in. Door is locked so I ring the bell, no answer and then I begin to knock on the door. After several minutes I end up calling the hotel from my cell phone. I think I woke the guy up. He then stated," Didn't they tell you I was working alone...". As I have worked myself alone at nights you still need to be courteous and aware if you still have unchecked guests arriving after midnight. I then "received" a key with a comment there is one key. I did not dare ask for another key. The guy then disappeared.
The room was fine.

Room Tip: arrive before midnight.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nick A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Denver Tech Center/South, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking your time and giving us a review. We strive to give the best service possible during your stay at our location. We have taken the proper steps to ensure this issue doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact me personally on your next visit so I can assure everything will be problem free.

Been to Fairfield Inn Denver Tech Center/South? Share your experiences!