“affordable and nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Highlands Ranch
Portland, Oregon
“affordable and nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the HGI the last weekend of September for a friend's wedding. Granted we did get a group rate (I think we had 10-15 rooms for the wedding party), but it was only $70 a night!! I like a nice hotel, and I've paid $200 a night for rooms of (much) lower quality. The service was great, the front desk staff went out of their way to help us with several requests during our stay. Breakfast was buffet style, and "ok". Only cons were- the hotel is pretty out of the way; it was close to my friends' wedding site, but not much else. Also, we didn't realize the first night that the firmness of the mattress is adjustable; so we slept poorly the first night, but better the rest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is very important to us.We enjoyed serving you and your guests.

Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Highlands Ranch/Littleton.

hope.ramos@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We traveled to Denver for a softball tournament. We had a large room block (14 rooms). The only negative thing I would have to say is that they didn't have our rooms ready when we checked in. A couple of us had to wait at least two hours to check in. The staff were wonderful! The kitchen staff took excellent care of our group. The hotel is very nice and so is the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I would like to personally THANK YOU for choosing our hotel for your group. I apologized for not having all your rooms ready. Our check-in time is at 3PM. We would love to host your group again next year. In the future, please contact our front desk staff to request an early check in. We promise to do our best to honor your request.

1050 Plaza Drive
Highlands Ranch Co. 80126
Hotchkiss, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel was nice but a little overpriced at $179. Seems since only a few rooms were occupied, they would charge less as they needed customers.We could have stayed nearby for less, so do your searches. Some how mapquest listed this hotel as the closest to the Hudson Garden's where we attended a concert. When we arrived there were a couple of closer hotels which would have saved us around $50. There was no free breakfast either. At the high price of the room you'd think they would throw in a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We understand that you have choices in the Highlands Ranch area and we appreciate your business. We do our best to have competitive rates in our market however, as a Hilton Garden Inn- our made to order breakfast is not usually included in rates.

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again.

Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This property is located approximately a mile from our regional office and I have stayed here 3 or 4 times, including this week. They recognized me as a returning guest, which was a nice touch and the staff is always friendly. The hotel does have a few years on it, but they were installing new TVs this week and are trying to upgrade. The rooms are quiet and clean, but I thought the bed was really hard, even with the sleep adjustment feature.

My only real disappointment was the breakfast buffet which was complimentary on my last visit and was not this time. The clerk couldn't explain the reasoning and it wasn't important enough to makie an issue out of it.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff and I are delighted to hear that you will stay with us again. I’m not sure why breakfast wasn’t included during your stay. Hilton Garden Inn as a brand normally don’t include breakfast in the rate however, if you’re a Hilton Elite member your breakfast is automatically included.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit and I will be happy to look into your breakfast issue in the past.

Again, thank you for staying with us. It’s customer like you that help us thrive to be the best hotel in Highlands Ranch.

Regards,
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for five nights and found it to be very convenient and comfortable. Our package included breakfast which is a combination of buffet and fix to order all you can eat set-up. It is the best breakfast I have ever seen in a hotel buffet--lots of choices, fresh fruit, omelets, meats, pastries, oatmeal--pretty impressive. There are fresh cookies out in the lobby at night. They have 24-hour services: laundry, exercise room, snack pantry. All the staff have been very accomodating and attentive. The beds are comfortable (although my husband, who likes really firm mattresses is not completely happy with it). We were on the fourth floor facing the mountains so we had a nice view out our window. Didn't really hear much noise from other rooms. The pool is extremely small, but the exercise room has several types of machines. Freeways are close by, Target and restaurants are close too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in a lot HGI hotels, and I'm afraid this one is not up to par. The staff was good and helpful, but the entire property needs a facelift. The hallways and rooms are really tired (no pun intended). It was a clean property, but . . .

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
har73, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I understand….In an effort to keep our hotel up to par, we’ve recently hired an additional maintenance person to help with maintaining our property to have a fresher look. Also, we’re on a schedule for renovation in the near future. It’s wonderful to hear that you find our staff good and helpful. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We reserved several rooms for our wedding guests and thought that it worked out alright. They made it very easy and required no deposit to reserve rooms. They are also the only hotel that we found with a shuttle which helps a lot. One thing to note is that the shuttle only holds 9 people and they only have 1 of them. Somehow another couple booked the shuttle on top of our booking but they made up for it and somehow got another shuttle. Beware that the room rate that they give your guests is $10 more than the one you can get online. The difference being that your guests will be a refundable rate, but they could also save $10 by just booking online. This seemed like a ripoff to me.

The rooms were average, nothing too special. One surprising thing was that they do not have a free breakfast. It costs $11.95 for a breakfast that isn't great. I didn't realize this beforehand and my guests weren't too pleased about it either.

They did however give us a "honeymoon suite" (regular suite with strawberries and champagne) for 2 nights for free. I had to ask for this to be free however which seemed reasonable since we had about 20 rooms for multiple nights. I wish they would've offered that upfront instead of trying to charge us for the "honeymoon suite." We ended up staying at another hotel anyway and gave the suite away to some family after checking in.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for breakfast. Lucille's is close, cheaper, and more delicious!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
We appreciate your business. I’m truly sorry for the experience you have had. Unfortunately, our complimentary shuttle only holds 9 people. We require guests to book in advance especially with groups such as yours. We recommend that our guests sign in as they check in so we don’t overlap. In an effort to help our guests save a few dollars, we offer discounted rates online that are non-refundable advance purchase and packages that are cheaper versus our regular rate which gives the flexibility to cancel up to 6p day of arrival. I hope this helps clarify some things you have encountered during your stay.

Again, I apologized. Comments like yours are a great opportunity for us to learn and improve in servicing our guests.

Thank you!

720-479-6526

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver / Highlands Ranch? Share your experiences!