“Terrible food” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 107 restaurants in Highlands Ranch
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yosemite
Transit: Light rail stop on Lincoln is less than half a mile away. Light rail on County Line is one mile away.
Description: Located on the South side of the United Artists Meadows 12 Movie Theater and near Park Meadows Mall, the Park Meadows Rio is where good people, a unique atmosphere, and honest, wholesome ingredients make everything better. Great happy hour with outdoor patios, private space & large party reservations available. We offer a festive & delicious experience for all ages.
Denver
“Terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Margaritas are awesome but the food is terrible. Plenty of other places to go for Mexican food, that's for sure

Julie S, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Teamcanter, I'm glad that you love our famous Rio margs, but I'm hoping that we can change your opinion on our food sometime soon. Our kitchen staff makes everything from scratch each day, and we have choices ranging from the simple to the sophisticated. I recommend our Shrimp Diabla Fajitas if spicy is your thing, or maybe a Taco plate with one Smoked Chicken & one Grilled Steak taco. We would love feedback from you on a future visit, either in person or right here. Thank you!

51% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“best green chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I think that the rio has the best green chile and margaritas in town. Usually a mexican restaurant does only certain things well. This restaurant does everything well from the chips and salso to all of their entrees and drinks.

Visited October 2012
Thank you for the great review cjdey! We hope to see you again soon.
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I had the bacon wrapped shrimp which was pretty good. My husband had the seafood enchiladas and he said they were very good with plenty of seafood and not over sauced. Service was good. Overall a good experience but not the best Mexican food I have ever eaten.

Susan O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience last night, and on other occasions as well - that is the opposite of the experience you deserve & not the one we strive to deliver. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit; without people letting us know how we're doing we could never improve. If you would like to come back and give us another chance, please ask to speak with a manager on duty and we would be happy to treat you to an appetizer or drink of your choice.
Susan
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“The food was good, service could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went here with 3 adults and 2 young children (5 years old) on a Saturday night. By 5:30 there was a really long wait, but we had a reservation, so we got in right away. The food was brought out quickly and it was hot and tasted great. The menu had a variety of items, but not so many that you are overwhelmed. It also purported to accommodate special dietary needs, including a gluten free menu. We didn't test it, but I think it's worth mentioning. The one negative I have to mention was the service. The waiter became rude when some of our party was late and practically insisted that we order without them. We waited anyway and once everyone was there, we didn't have any further issues, but I wasn't happy about having to tell him several times that our friends got hung up and they were on their way and that we wanted to wait to order.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Please accept my apology for the rushed experience & less than accomodating service on your visit to us last October. We definitely aim to deliver great service to every guest. We have recently undergone some management & staffing changes and would welcome any feedback on how your next visit to us goes. I think you will be pleased with both your food & service in the future.
“Not the Best!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Wow! I couldn't believe it. After being told Rio had the best Mexican food I couldn't wait to go. I was so disappointed. I will agree their margarita's were really good and the atmosphere was fun but that was all they were good for. We've had Mexican food nearby that was 100% better.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us at the Rio - that is the opposite of the experience you deserve & not the one we strive to deliver. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your visit; without people letting us know how we're doing we could never improve. If you would like to come back and give us another chance, please ask to speak with a manager on duty and we would be happy to treat you to an appetizer or drink of your choice.
Susan