“If You Like Deep-Fried Everything ...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boondocks Dining Room & Lounge

Boondocks Dining Room & Lounge
200 Government Wharf Rd. Eastern Passage (Fisherman's Cove), Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada
902-465-3474
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beautifully situated on the water in Eastern Passage, NS. Boondocks has (of Jan 2013) changed owners, chef and menu and will be open 11am - 9pm daily from early March 2013.
Toronto, Canada
“If You Like Deep-Fried Everything ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

then, this place is for you. The portions are not huge, but due to the deep-frying, the calorie count is likely large. The other comments here on bad service are certainly not consistent with my experience. Our server dealt with my partner and I as well as she did his parents. She came back several times to check. Although the deep frying is not my thing, the food is really good, for the price and for what it is.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dartmouth, Canada
“Boondocks has the worst service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a disappointment!!! It wasn't that busy when we were in Boondocks last weekend so the service should have been good. It was TERRIBLE! the worst I have encountered!

After waiting 20 minutes and not getting served we asked one of servers if she could send over our server. Her response was..DOWN RIGHT RUDE!!!

We waited another 10 minutes and decided to leave. I asked another server if I could speak to the manager, and was told he was busy in the kitchen. No apology for the poor service...nothing...we left and went to John's Lunch down the road...where we had an excellent meal served with a smile!

This is a absolutely terrible restaurant with the worst service I have ever encountered.

“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoy Boondocks very much. The service, atmosphere and food was great. I love the seafood menu but as my husband is not into fish at all it is not always his first choice for going out for dinner. However he does manage to find a couple other non-seafood items on the menu. The only change I would like see is more options without fish for hubby's sake.

We are planning a large group for dinner out for our company next week coming from Manitoba. We booked reservations at Boondocks so we can show off east coast dinning and this is a great place to do it.

I sometimes wonder why some people who say the food is not good, eat it instead of sending it back. Some people just like to complain instead of dealing with the issue appropriately. I am sure Boondocks would be more than willing to satisfy a customer. ( Of course there those few that no one could satisfy, they just like complain)

Boondocks I am glad your back!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Muenster, Germany
“Poor service and food quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have often been there as a sort of "Farewell to Nova Scotia" for lunch before leaving from Halifax Airport late afternoon for our flight back to Europe. The scenery is stunning and it really is a nice way to say good bye.
The food used to be quite good until two years ago; since than, the quality has gone down.
This year, we came there at around noon. The restaurant itself was empty, and outside were three tables occupied with altogether around 12 people. We were two persons in our party and each ordered an appetizer and an entree. After 10 minutes one fo the four the waitresses came and annnouced that the entree we had picked was out. Well, we ordered another one. This time, a burger and panfried Haddock. It took 60 minutes for the lunch to arrive; when it did, the burger was completely w/out any dressings, the salad was old, the meat was less than luke warm. As for the Haddock, the crust was soft, the fish as well as the masched potatoes were less than lukewarm, the broccoli was not crisp but cold. I mean, cold. Salt was unheard of with any meal.
All in all, a bad experience and the last one at this erstaurant for us. Just down the road are two other restaurants which certainly will offer better service and quality

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect Deck on a Sunny Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My group of 14 made reservations here the day of with no issues. They could not guarentee the patio but when we arrived we did get a long table on the patio. It was perfect. The service was wonderful. I wish I knew the servers name. He handled our tables orders perfectly while serving other tables as well. The food was awesome. I had the pan fried scallops & salad. The salad was very fresh and tasty. Most meals came with a unique cole slaw that I loved and I never eat coleslaw! My boyfriend went for the full Lobster Dinner and wasn't dissipointed. It was presented beautifuly and was very fresh. A few people had fish & chips which was great as well. My sister ordered the nachos thinking it would be good to feed one - it was enough for 3 people at least!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere