“Good food. But the place smells funny” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Thai
Colorado
“Good food. But the place smells funny”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Maybe it smells like cleanser. Cant really tell. But ate there a few times. Good curry. OK not great food.

Visited June 2011

55% Recommend
Denver, Colorado
“As authentic as the family that runs it. Give it a try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Overall: It is great. That is all you need to know.

To address the lower ratings, it looks like they aren't terribly consistant with their food albeit my serving was delicious.

Upon entering I was immediately hit with strong smells of delicious food and a multitude of people speaking Thai. I take the latter as a the best sign of good Thai food.

The place is small and a little cramped, but it was empty for dinner. We ordered quickly because my wife and I both know what are our standard items are and we were hungry. My wife got the Pad Thai (mild) and I got the Golden Curry (medium). The food came out a little while later and was placed in front of us steamy and hot. Presentation was good. Taste was fantastic and the food was gone as fast as it arrived. The mild is a little too mild, so I was happy that I ordered my entree medium.

I think that the food is authentic as the people running it. It was real Thai food, good, savory and fairly cheap. It is worth giving a try if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I went to Thai Lotus to meet up to catch up with friends. I never heard of this place so I was excited to try it out. The place is small but functional. The server, who I think was an owner was personable brought me hot jasmine tea while I waited for the rest of my party. When ordering I tried my usual of drunken noodles and spring rolls, my friends had more exotic selections of soups and entrees which I tried. Definitely different/interesting tastes of the various dishes but very good. I believe this is closer to traditional Thai, not Westernized. This is not upscale but it was an enjoyable experience the same and not a killer on the wallet. Worth a try....... Recommended!

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Bad tasting food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Ate here last week for lunch. It was very warm inside, and I felt uncomfortable. Ordered off lunch menu. Teeny-tiny salad followed by entree. I ordered tofu pad Thai. It tasted bad/odd. Looked and tasted like there was a lot of ketchup in it.My lunch partner had a chicken dish that was very small. They include all the tea or soda you like w/the lunch menu items. I ate less than a quarter of my entree and left it on the plate. Taste was off-putting. Will not return.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Western part
“I didn't like it at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I ordered the Tom Yam soup and I didn't care for it at all. The chicken was sliced in such a way that it was just not adding anything to the meal. The taste of the soup wasn't so good either.

I was given a Chinese soup spoon to eat my soup with and I noticed people at the next table were using chopsticks. This is a good clue to it not being very Thai.

I had an unimpressive chicken dish for the main course and my only thoughts on this place is that will not be going here again. It wasn't absolutely horrible, but when you go to an ethnic restaurant, you actually expect to have something that's good, and I didn't experience that.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere