“Just a bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Surprise, Arizona
“Just a bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2006

I stayed at the Courtyard during a business trip. When I arrived, there was no one behind the counter to check me in. I waited at least 10 minutes. Not a good start for a weary traveler. The clerk was polite when she showed up but not the least bit apologetic for her absence.
I was given a room on the 2nd floor however the only elevator was on the other side of the building. A choice then on parking by the stairs to my room and wrangling my luggage up the stairs or driving to the elevator side and moving the car later.
My room was outdated and the bed exceptionally uncomfortable. I was facing the loading docks of the Home Depot across the street and was awakened at 5 am by the beep, beep, beeping of semis backing up to the docks to unload everyday.
I told the travel assistants at the office to never book me there again.

• Liked — location to the office
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — If you must stay, get a first foor room not facing the Home Depot.
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I was in the Denver area on business and needed a place to stay for one night. I chose this hotel because it was close to where I needed to be, and not because of any particular amenities. I was very pleased with my room, which might have been the cleanest hotel room I have ever seen. It was absolutely spotless! The room's design and furnishings were surprisingly contemporary, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would guess that the room had been remodeled recently. The breakfast buffet was good -- about what I expected, compared to similar hotels. I found the staff to be friendly.

The only bad thing was that my room had a door that connected to the room next to mine. The door was closed, of course, but I could hear my neighbor's TV loud and clear. It was as if the door was open, and I don't think he was playing it too loudly. Unfortunately, he watched TV well into the early hours of the morning. Fortunately, my room had its own air conditioner/heating unit. I turned the fan on low, and the quiet hum drowned out the TV nicely. If you stay here, I recommend requesting a non-adjoining room, if possible.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!