“Particularly convenient if you have plans at The Triad” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado USA
“Particularly convenient if you have plans at The Triad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here one night by myself for an examination the next day at The Triad (both Pearson and Prometric do testing there). Very easy walk there. The hotel room was on the top floor and was very quiet and clean. The restaurant starts breakfast buffet at 6am, which was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
dahlheim,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that our central location in the Denver Tech Center came in handy for you during your trip. We greatly appreciate hearing about your experience with us and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed the Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech when I assisted with an event for work that we were hosting at the hotel. The hotel itself is very nice with modern decor and ample free parking; there is a coffee/ snack bar open during the day for patrons, and also a bar/ lounge area, too.

The room itself was very nice and spacious -- very clean and even comes with a balcony. The one downside is that there was no fridge OR microwave in my room (I was in a single with king bed), so I had to leave my leftovers on the balcony (it was very cold at the time) and tried to de-thaw my food in the using hot steam from the sink. Needless to say, the hotel is not leftover friendly. However, it is within driving distance of a ton of great places to eat (such as Greenwood Plaza).

That brings me to another point, I think the hotel is close to some light rail stations (we had a rental so Iʻm not sure), but I would still recommend having a car if planning to stay in this area -- it is right near the freeway, which is super convenient when driving. The hotel also charges for internet (annoying! unless youʻre a Hilton gold member) and does not have onsite laundry facilities (which was kind of a nuisance being that I was in the middle of my three week long trip and desperately needed clean undies), but they do offer to take it to dry cleaning for you (for a fee). I am not sure if they offer complimentary breakfast like some other Doubletrees -- I will have to check the next time I am there.

As for the event we hosted itself, it went great -- unfortunately since I did not coordinate it, I cannot remember the name of the banquet room or the manager -- but everything went very smoothly (from room setup to catering to A/V), and some of our guests were even able to purchase drinks at the hotel bar and bring it to the banquet room (since we did not provide alcohol).

Overall I would stay here again for business (probably not pleasure) -- and the only thing preventing this from being a 5 star stay would be: free internet, a microwave and fridge. I would probably give this hotel a 3.5/5 -- but for the sake of rounding, it gets a 4.

Room Tip: If staying during the cold months, request a room with an internal balcony (balcony inside the hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Carissa G,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear about all the different aspects of the hotel that you enjoyed. And thank you for your honest review about the aspects of the hotel that did not work for you. I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion that there may have been about the Internet service and the in-room amenities. As of March 2013 we no longer charge for the Internet in the guest rooms. Also, as of July 2013 all 305 rooms throughout the hotel automatically come with a refrigerator in the rooms. If there is any more information you could provide me with in regards to when you were with us and who you spoke with at the hotel, I would love to look into where the incorrect information came from. Once again thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate the information and look forward to your next stay with us.
Milwaukie, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My next visit will unfortunately be with a different hotel. My room had a bad odor to it, like it use to be a smoking room. When I got home, I had to wash all my clothes because the odor was so bad. I am a blonde but yet there was black hair under the sheets and on top of the mattress cover, this verifies that they do not wash the mattress cover between each guests visits. That is how bugs are spread!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rochelle C, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Autumn R,
Thank you for your honest review on Trip Advisor. We look at any feedback we receive as an opportunity to improve the customer service we provide to our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping manager and that we will keep this feedback in mind moving forward. Thank you once again for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.
kandiyohi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel was well worth every penny spent. Nothing but helpfulness from the staff from places to visit or have a good meals. The rooms were clean and welcoming. The whole hotel was well decorated, from the lobby to the dining room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Terry M.,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that our team here at the DoubleTree was able to help you throughout your stay. We always strive to help our guests enjoy their time with us. Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We were there as a group for meetings and had a great dinner in Zink. Well maintained, clean and modern. I would definitely recommend hotel and the restaurant to anyone travelling to the Technology Center area.

• Stayed September 2013
Burlbattersby,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent meetings. I completely agree with you about how wonderful our restaurant is. The team down in Zink Restaurant and Bar truly does an amazing job. I am pleased to hear that you were able to have dinner there while you were with us. Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Fort Collins, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was an very good experience for my family and myself. Specially the breakfast was amazing with all the options we had. The poll was a special time for my kids. They had a lot of fun there. Everyone was very polite and helpful as well. Congratulations to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Rogerio P,
Thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I completely agree with you. Our breakfast options that Zink offers are wonderful and there is a variety to choose from for everyone in the family. Thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice room for a great price. You can save enough money staying in the Denver Tech Center to pay for a nice dinner downtown. Hotel layout was a little confusing - we had to search for the elevators after checking in. Comfortable bed, clean room.

• Stayed August 2013
Wyophil,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and apologize that the layout of the hotel caused some confusion. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you once again.

Been to Doubletree Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!