“Great Filet Mignon” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Willow Drive & Orchard Rd
Transit: Light Rail at Orchard Road
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House has been awarded best steak house both locally and nationally. We served prime steak, seafood, veal, lamb and lobster tails. Enjoy a relaxing after dinner drink in our cigar lounge with live music Wed-Sat. Private dining room are available for both personal and business functions.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great Filet Mignon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a lecture dinner here and was truly impressed. Accept NO substitutes and get the Filet! NO need for fancy sauces, gorgonzola or anything else for that matter. You could practically cut the medium rare plus creation with your fork because it was SO tender. The taste was just right. Before the entrée, get the DEL Salad which included a cornucopia of mixed fresh greens topped with thick slices of bacon (NO bacon bits} and a creamy avocado ranch. The wine list is extensive and thankfully I had a few people at the table so we had both a Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. Service is attentive as it has always been for me. Save room for desert if you can because the chocolate mousse is BIG and creamy but NOT too thick or sweet. Be prepared to pay a significant amount but that's the price of quality.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greensboro, North Carolina
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Recently enjoyed a business dinner here and was surprised that the meal lived up to the hype. The tables are a bit small given the size and number of plates that hit the table, but the portion size, quantity and quality of food is among the best in the nation. The bone-in ribeye was big enough to share and served as a reminder that not all steaks are created equal. The vegetable dishes were fresh, the service nothing short of excellent. Even the dessert menu provided some surprises competitors like Morton's and Ruth's Chris should note.

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a place you have to visit for great steaks and beverages! I stop by here every time im in Denver.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A perfect place for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family and I celebrated my daughter's college graduation at Del Frisco's on 5/18/2013. The service was impeccable and the food was terrific. The Calamari was the favorite among the appetizers. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The location is quite convenient, immediately off the interstate and valet parking was nice as well. I look forward to going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Don't Waste Your Time - the Eagle has flown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wish I could say something positive about my dinner this Friday 5/17/2013. This restaurant is characterized by its extreme inconsistency. I had a dinner here a couple of month's ago - mid-week that was satisfactory. Tonight was anything but. I've had better service at a Steak n Shake. We were seated, then promptly given our one loaf of bread and what ended up being my only glass of water. I ordered a Stella beer, and was given a warm glass, which ended up heating up the beer and making it unappetizing. I was hoping to see a wine list, but had to ask and wait for one. I then chose a wine, which they of course were out of. The sommelier suggested a decent substitute. Unfortunately service was so horrible that we ended up pouring our own glasses of wine through out the meal.
I ordered my steak, potato - no chives, etc. and mushrooms. The food came out and I realized that my potato did have chives - I sent it back. After we satisfactorily cut into our steaks, the wait staff literally vaporized. No one came to check on us, give us any more water, or pour our wine. It's like we were in a desert. Our waiter finally returned - when we were finished - offered dessert, which we had. No suggestion or offer of an after-dinner drink or coffee.
For what ended up being a $300 dinner I felt that were we in the Arctic by ourselves.
The night ended with my husband wanting a cigar from their 'Robusto' room. What a joke - the cigar selection is terrible, basically a joke - anyone for the $20 cigar room? The absolute worst part is that fact we entered the Robusto Room, looked at the cigars, then came out and waited by the piano for service. A waitress never showed up. My husband informed me that the whole 20 minutes we stood there and waited, she was flirting with the bartender. When we'd finally had enough and left for the door she ran up to us, apologizing, but my husband was fed up by then, as was I.
As far as a nice, romantic or even special occasion or business dinner - forget this place. We got better service at Hapa Sushi the night before.
As the title reads - this restaurant's day in the sun is over - the eagle has left the roost.
Save your money and try a different steakhouse.

• Visited May 2013