“The food doesn't live up to past meals.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Ulster Road
Description: Il Fornaio’s award-winning authentic Italian cuisine is a favorite in Greenwood Village. Specialties include housemade pastas, wood-fired pizza, grilled fish, authentic risotto, rotisserie meats and fresh artisan breads. Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007.
Denver, Colorado
“The food doesn't live up to past meals.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a business dinner here and I was looking forward to it as I usually had good experiences at other Il Forniaos. I decided to try their current regional menu as I wanted some pasta and an entree and the tasting menu lets you get a little of everything in smaller portions. I got the Il Forniao salad which was really nothing special. It looked like they opened a bag of greens from the grocery store and drizzled a little balsamic on it. My second course was a ravioli with a cream sauce and walnuts and was actually pretty good but, again, nothing you couldn't make at home. The main course was sole which was really pretty bad. There was a lemon sauce on it which had an odd thick consistency that, along with the very soft and thinly cut fish, made the texture very mushy. There was no distinguishing between the sauce and the fish and the entire dish lacked flavor. Overall, considering the price, this meal was not much better than The Olive Garden, which is bad. I expected more. On bright spot was our server was very attentive.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Bridal Shower at Il Fornaio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was invited to a bridal shower and had a lovely experience. The service was great very attentive waiters. We had a choice of one of 4 salads and we tasted each one they were all delicious. They put us in a private room off the main dining room and it was a very nice experience

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Nothing nice to say...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been to several other Il Fornaio Restaurants and all had been wonderful. This one was just disappointing. I had the veal scallopini. When it arrived the plate was so hot that the sauce was boiling, and continued to boil for several minutes. By the time I was able to eat the veal, I found it so overcooked and so overly salty that it was just not good. I suppose that is what I get when eating at a strip mall. The staff was friendly and attentive, but I won't be back to this location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“a bit stuffy and pricey but exceptional unique meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had one of the specials of the day and it was just what I look for in Italian food (unique and not something I would have ever thought to concoct). It is probably one of those dishes that I will think about for a long time!

Visited April 2013
Colorado
“Always delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

With so many good Italian restaurants, we forgot about this old stand-by and thanks to 5280 week, we returned. The selections from the 5280 menu, specials of the day, and the regular menu made our decision tough but every one of our four meals was deivered with perfect pace on top of being delicious. The pasta was cooked perfectly, veal tender, and the sauces to die for.
The only down-side was the little carts they use to deliver the food...the one in our area had noisy wheels and spoons would rattle on the plates as it clunkled along. Need some new softer wheels...this one made an annoying niose every time the waiter served something in our area.
The happy hour menu will entice us back also.
Well worth being on your regular list of places to dine...creative menu and not just the standard Italian fare.

• Visited February 2013