“Excellent property in a great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Oakland, California, United States
“Excellent property in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Everything about this property was just fine. Not over-the-top great, but a very good and well run, well maintained property that fits the Sheraton brand. Rooms were comfortable and spacious, though bathroom was quite small.

The Club Lounge for members with status was a bit sub-par relative to some other Sheratons and Westins but nevertheless adequate, and staff was quite friendly. The hotel is an an excellent and location and provides good value for the business traveler. I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDTC, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Bob F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit with us at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center and recommending us in your review. I’m glad to read that we took great care of you.

We look forward to connecting with you again in the future!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Burlington, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Your staff exceed hotel staff expectations, in the middle of the rain storm I was planning to go out to get the car but here your staff bringing Umbrelas to the door . Excellent location for shopping and dining, very close to the High way and Park Medows Mall. Thank you

Room Tip: Please don't plan to go to pool til next year summer time cause they are closed even though it w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SheratonDTC, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
118JamesT118,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent travel to the Sheraton Denver Tech Center. I'm happy to hear that the staff did a great job at the hotel. Yes, our pool is closed for the season due to the cold fall and winter nights. It should re-open in early May after the spring thaw. Our sun deck is open all year long however.

Thank you for your loyalty and business.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a convention which lasted 3 days (2 nights) in total. The convention had invented a fair portion of the hotel and all of the available convention hall space. I know the director of the convention had warned the staff as to the number of people who would likely be there for the 3 days of the convention (about 250 people in total), and had asked them to make sure they were sufficiently stocked for food and beverages.
The hotel basically ran out of food at the cafe by 11am Saturday morning, and their restaurant was averaging about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get people the food they ordered.

Having noticed this lack of food, some of us went offsite and brought food back to the convention to eat it. We were then rudely informed by the hotel that no outside food or drink was allowed in the convention space. - this would have been understandable if there was available food on site.
Additionally, I witnessed an incident where someone had bought a lemonade from the hotel bar and was still told she wasn't allowed to have offsite food or drink (even though she had a receipt showing that she had purchased it there).

The rooms were fine and about what was to be expected. Certainly nothing special. The bathroom was a bit small.

However, sometime Saturday when the maid cleaned up she seemed to have accidentally taking my beach towel and a white shirt that I had left in a pile on the floor by my suitcase. I didn't notice this till Saturday night. I contacted the front desk and they told me to contact housekeeping when it opened the next morning.
I went down to the desk the next morning to check, and the hotel staff was unsympathetic and indifferent to the missing items in my room. They did take down my information, but said nothing by way of apology. I still have not gotten my items back.

All and all the hotel was okay, especially given the type of events that were hosted there. And the rooms were fine. However, there staff was indifferent at times and sometimes came close to harassment at others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonDTC, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear JJ_Lune,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the hotel. I have reviewed your comments with the staff and spoke about what we can do better. I apologize for the opportunities that occurred while you were our guest. Our contact with the convention that you mentioned was very happy with their event and gave us perfect scores in her review about the hotel and in her post-con with my staff to talk about the event. The event organizer is booking another event here as it was a success overall. I apologize that we did not connect with you as our guest but hopefully you will give us another chance next time you are in the area.

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My stay at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center in Greenwood Village, Colorado was excellent. I had been displaced from my home due to record breaking rains in the State of Colorado termed by some, "The Hundred Year Rain," and the Sheraton was a godsend. It was very clean. The decor was contemporary. The bed was super cozy. The bed linen was white, crisp and unwrinkled. The thermostat was adjustable to the temperature I found most cozy. I love to sleep in a cold room nestled under a cushy, thick comforter. I very much enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any undesirable rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bonnie H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center. Our staff here does a great job in caring for our guests and truly goes out of their way to help and ensure that everyone’s overnight stay is memorable. We just received a recent inspection from a third party vendor who performs audits for hotel service and cleanliness and we passed with high grades.

I look forward to your return.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to Denver to a AAA hockey tournament for 11 year olds and we forced to stay at this hotel by the tournament directors. There was a "Myths and Legends" convention going on whose participants' behavior was not suitable for young children. The conference center is off the lobby so these people paraded around the lobby in scant costumes, drunk and swearing. The majority of the parking is in front of the conference center entrance so we had to walk through this event. The last straw was on Sat night after the boys got back from their game. They ate in the hotel restaurant, it took forever. Then my son and his team mate wandered down the hall to look in the rooms of the event because one room had an arts and crafts fair. Unfortunately what he saw was several topless men and women having their torsos painted in full view. He told a parent who managed to get this shut down only after he threatened to call the police. The employees were very rude to us when we complained. The wifi is $10 per day per device, which is in small print when you log in. My children travel a lot and are used to free wifi so they easily logged in themselves and certainly didn't see the charge. I saw it when I logged in and told them to stop using it. The bathrooms are so small that only one person can fit inside so I had dry my 8 year old off outside the bathroom after a shower. At check out I complained about the the convention goers bad behavior and was told, "You're right it was inappropriate, here's your bill. " We also had to pay what was negotiated by the tournament which was $120, no breakfast. This is a travel hockey team and our usual rate is about $100 plus breakfast at other hotels we use.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is a very good value. It is immaculate which makes it an appealing place to stay. The bathroom is small but fine. The bathroom lighting is awful. If they change that, the place would be about perfect.

The University of Wyoming football team was staying there. I have to say, they were an extremely friendly and polite group of young men. They really did their university proud (and they won)!

• Stayed September 2013
SheratonDTC, General Manager at Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Lynn026,

Thank you for writing a few comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Denver Tech Center. I'm happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Yes, the Wyoming Football Team was here and they did win their game. We received several comments about the team about how professional and respectful they are. We were proud to be their host in Colorado. Please think of us next time you are in town!

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked using a blind booking site. The bathroom was tiny, but the room was of a nice since size with upscale furnishings and wonderful bedding. About 1/4 mile off the interstate next to an ihop and about 3-5 mikes to a nice mall with restaurants etc. 30 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear John,

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. It's great to see that we connected with you and that your expectations were exceeded. Our staff works extremely hard in preparing for our guests and they get very excited when we read our guest comments about their recent stays.

I see that you are from Carlsbad as I'm very familiar with So Cal - my hometown! Enjoy the beach and the beautiful days of the fall.

GM

Been to Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!