“A party in your mouth everytime” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
California
“A party in your mouth everytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoy eating here every time I go. My current obsession is the salmon topped with crab, shrimp and scallop served on a bed of sautéed spinach. Talk about a party in your mouth!

Usually order the Au gratin potatoes, which are topped with cheese and bacon (the combination of which just pushes it over the edge).

The Sunday buffet brunch is a good selection of their menu items and is decently priced.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Littleton, CO
“always special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

different from most all other restaurants. Excellent seafood gumbo-as good as you can get in Louisiana.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Always a Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

You can't go wrong at Pappadeauxs. Great waistaff, great cajun seafood, great atmosphere. If you are brave, have a couple of Cat 5 Hurricanes. Then call a cab. Any of the fish dishes are awesome. Dessert tray is excellent also.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Make sure to ask how dish will be prepared”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Make sure to ask how the dish will be prepared. I ordered a whole live Maine Lobster for dinner. It was a 1 pound chick lobster. It was boiled as usual but the tail was split in half leaving very little meat to "scoop up" with the fork. I was surprised that a lobster that small was not prepared with the whole tail in tact so you can get some decent size meat. I got more meat out of the claws than I did from the tail. That was disappointing and I put the blame on me for not asking or requesting the tail section be served whole. For desert I had the banna pudding served in a mason jar. Great portion, enough to share or they will give you lid for the jar so you can take it home. I was the only person, out of 10 of us, who had a problem with the meal. Special note we had a special dining area and was told that the bar happy hour did not apply to this room. You may want to ask on this too if not drinking or dining at the bar.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs
“Better and better and better...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We hadn't been to Pappdeaux Seafood Kitchen in over 2 years, but we visited last weekend for a late lunch and what a change!!! In the mood for seafood, we both started with iced shrimp cocktails - not a measely 4 or 5 shrimp but 8! Delicious. Then i had the "Large" order of Alaskan King Crab, so large (1½ - 2 lbs) that I had to share it. It was the meatiest King Crab I've ever had! The claws alone were immense. Fantastic taste. My wife had the Tilapia and we shared it as well. Also superb. We finished with coffees and creme brulee. Not a good meal, but an outstanding meal!! If you haven't been at Papadeaux in a while... Come back!!!

• Visited November 2012