“ALL ROOMS SMOKER ROOMS” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Greenwood Village
Olympia, WA
“ALL ROOMS SMOKER ROOMS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The place was clean, but the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke - oxymoron.
I woke up in the middle of the night, because cigarette smoke was coming into the room through the air conditioning unit from people smoking in the parking lot outside.
It was so strong that I woke up coughing. Luckily the room was cool enough by then that I could turn off the air conditioner.
The linens and towels were clean, but the tub wouldn't drain. The bed was soft and comfortable, but the smoke smell ruined my nights sleep. I only got about two hours of good sleep.
I don't recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a smoke free room. Extend your stay someplace else.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have traveled over 1300 miles to Colorado for a summer job and was forced to find a place to stay before coming to the area. I choose this Extended Stay because the staff was very nice on the phone and I was promised that the room would be clean, smoke free, and most importantly, that the reviews on TripAdvisor had been dealt with. Unfortunately NONE of these promises were met and I was forced to check out after just one night at this location.

Upon arrival I dealt with a very nice staff in the lobby which gave me hope for a nice hotel room. Unfortunately upon entry into the room I was overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. It was also dirty and looked as if no one had cleaned within the past couple months. On top of the terrible smell and dirty conditions, the room was poorly lit and the so called 'air conditioner' did little but stirrup all the dust in the room. The clientele of the property is also slightly sketchy and I wouldn't recommend women to be there alone.

I originally read these terrible reviews and believed the staff when they said they were all addressed. PLEASE do not fall into the same trap as I did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is deep cleaning all the rooms, and double checking them before a guest is checked-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your detailed description of missed opportunities. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DTN@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Fruita, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was dirty, trash around the night stands. The kitchen table and counter was dirty, with a dirty fork in the kitchen sink. The non-smoking room was deffintly smoked in. The ADA room was not even close. My wheelchair didn"t fit between the bed and tv to get to the bathroom.The bathroom was not ADA acceptible, had to sit on shower floor to wash. The complimentary breakfast was? Gone by 7:25 a.m.. After complaining, I got a smile. WOW!! I would look at trying the extended stay up the road by Taco Bell and McDonald's. It needs TLC.

Room Tip: No elivators. Rooms away from quebec street, are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of the room, and the ADA compliance is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have checked all ADA rooms for compliance to make an necessary changes, and have management checking every room before it is rented out to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at DTN@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff is very knowledgeable of the area and have many recommendations based on your needs for entertainment, restaurants, and local shopping. I had rented two rooms for a family trip. Both rooms were very clean and the rooms had been recently remodeled. There is wide variety of restaurants locally and many of them are just a few blocks in distance. Located at Belleview and I-25 I had excellent freeway access. For the events we attended in downtown Denver we took the light rail. The light rail station is a few blocks from the hotel, the ride was great, and we did not have to stress or worry about parking, just having fun. If you are working or playing Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center – North is in the perfect location with easy access to anywhere in the Denver metro area. I would stay here again and thank you to the wonderful staff that was very helpful and demonstrated that they want my business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are so delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us and that our hotel's location was perfect for you!

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really wanted to like this place the gal who checked me in was very nice her name started with a P. I think the room was just ok lots of patch work on the walls and doors. But what got me was I got to the hotel on March 22nd that night they had a snow storm it snowed for 2 days and Denver got 11 inches of snow I was god smacked not one person plowing the parking lot not one person shoveling not a one!!! The stair well had 6 or more inches of snow in them I fell on the concrete stairs and really messed up my back I mean where in the hell is the people to shovel and plow I checked out today and after most of the snow ad melted away they had some older guy our there putting ice melt down I'm thinking its a little to late that should have been done 3 or 4 days ago. Now lets talk about the cops that case this place they are every where pulling people over left and right when you pull into the hotel I stayed at the hotel from Friday the 22nd to Tuesday the 26th and got pulled over 4 days in a row and I never got a ticket so I don't know what's going on there. I don't think I would go back to this hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a king room you would like the extra room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brittany M, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the snow is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have held the appropriate peopel accountable regarding the cleanliness of the parking lot to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I prefer this hotel I wont go anywhere else. The price is great, its clean, spacious, the customer service is excellent! Ive been to other places before and Im telling u, with prices, amenities, local restaurants, everything is really decent, no other hotels compare! I think all hotels should be like this one. The service i had was very pleasant, the management has my mind up that I know for a fact i wont spend my money anywhere else because it reassuring i will only come here.

• Stayed March 2013
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you had a good stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our stay was first marred by the snowstorm in the first week that we arrived in Denver and the hotel premises were not cleaned the snow stayed on the walking and driving path and the road became slippery in many places. Since hotel chain has this wonderful facility providing a kitchen for convenience, I loved the prospect of staying in such a place.

But on arrival I noticed, I had to ask for everything from a phone in the room, to toilet paper to a spatula. Apparently, the staff not only inattentive, but the fact that housekeeping is done once in 7 days is another big turn down. My trash had piled high from ordering in everyday and I had to throw it out. Now why would I do that while staying at a hotel?

Room Tip: Make sure when you check in, everything is in place or you would keep running back and forth to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you had a bad experience. Please accept my apology and to prevent this from happening again, my team is going to use your survey as a training tool. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!