“no longer a Hampton Inn . . . in transition to Best Western Plus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9231 East Arapahoe Road, Greenwood Village, CO 80112-3677 (Formerly Hampton Inn Denver-Southeast (Tech Center))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dillon, CO
“no longer a Hampton Inn . . . in transition to Best Western Plus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

very good rates while this hotel is in transition to Best Western Plus.. During the transitional period there are rennovation activites that are very visable and audible during the late morning through early evening. . . . which is not a problem if you aren't trying to sleep during the day.
There is a new TV system and with new systems there are bugs to be workied out of a new system . . . .not a problem unless you come here to watch movies and/or expect a high level of TV service. Wifi is stable and easier than most hotels. Breakfast was included and was continental but also included hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes . . . all good except the OJ.

I would expect once renovation activites are completed all the bugs will be worked out and the rates and expectations will return to normal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My stay at Hampton is a night stopover on my way to Pikes Peak just outside of Colorado Springs. Located about twenty miles south of Denver right off Interstate 25 and about a two hour drive from my destination this property is just about perfect for my purpose.

I arrive late in the evening after a long day of touring around the “Rocky Mountain State” which makes the clean and comfortable bed so welcoming. The Hampton Inn claims to have fresh duvet and covers for every guest, I believe them.

Nearby there are numerous dining options even a Mexican restaurant in one corner of the parking lot. I am on the road too early to enjoy the complimentary breakfast but I have a feeling it is worthwhile.

The Hampton Inn definitely deserves consideration if you are going to roaming around the “Rocky Mountain State”.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alamo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is located in a very convenient location. Very close to HWY 25. The lobby is very clean and modern. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. The selections were always fresh and tidy. The evening reception with complimentary beer, wine and snacks was very nice and relaxing after a long day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free wifi was very fast and had a strong signal everywhere I used it. The rooms are modern and have large flat screen tvs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Only complain was the pillows.....they are flat like pancakes......We had 3 of us in a room with 4 pillows.....lots of things to eat in walking distance to Hotel. Great cookies at front desk, and as always, we love the breaskfast in the morning. Perfect for a family. Always a good bang for our buck at Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for one night while in the area on business.  I was sold a room with a king bed and separate sofa at a price point of $121 with tax.

The property is located in a busy commercial area south of Denver.  Entrances are well marked and access is easy.  The exterior of the property is typical for a "first generation" Hampton and was found to be clean.  Parking is more than adequate for the number of rooms.

The lobby area was in good repair and check-in was flawless. The clerk was most cordial and I was quickly off to my room.

The elevator cab was found to be in disrepair with extensive wear noted to both the walls and carpeting.  Elevators tend to be a "window" into general upkeep of a property and this one proved to be no exception.  Problems were ahead.

Interior hallways, while clean, were dated and lighting could certainly be better. The sleeping room and bath appeared dated, although room furnishings appeared to be fairly new and were in good repair.  While bedding and room amenities were typical for the brand, the mattress was much firmer than that which I routinely find at a Hampton property.

Within the bath the water control and shower assembly was suspect at best.  The tub area, while clean, obviously has seen better days.  It very difficult to control the water temperature and the shower would not stay on, leading to water flow from the main spigot.

The breakfast area was stocked with well worn chairs that appeared to have come from a banquet hall.  Not at all what one typically finds at a Hampton.  While the food was plentiful and the service good, the aesthetics and quality of the space left much to be desired.

In short, this Hampton is tired.  It needs an infusion of cash for remodeling to return it to brand standard.  Given this experience, when I am next in the area I will select an alternate property for my stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I went to Denver over Christmas Holiday and found our way to this hotel. We felt at home with the staff and it was important I tell someone about our experience. Everything from the bed to the breakfast was beyond our expectations and we will be back. Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
los alamos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last year this was the place of choice for us when visiting Denver (often). The mattresses were always just right, the place respectably clean, the breakfast bar quite good, smoke free facility with a decent exercise room, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the location fairly quiet. This last visit 10/22/12, we found the mattresses a little worn out and not as comfortable, the pillows a bit mushy, and the chairs in the breakfast area were not sturdy. We are not big people (145 -160 lbs), but found many of the chairs were rickety and in need of stabilization or replacement; we tried several before finding a couple that were sturdy. When we suggested to the front desk that the management replace the chairs the person laughed and said it was probably time to glue them again. This was disturbing, since personal safety and hotel liability is the issue. People aren't as small as they used to be and the hotel could benefit by getting some slightly larger chairs. We don't know Colorado laws, but a child had brought in a puppy to the breakfast room too.
A protective plastic moulding on the door corners in the hall caught my sleeve; in our room the bathroom door was badly blistered, and looked like it had been chewed near the bottom.
Everything else was the same as we have come to expect
It's to be expected that hotels suffer a lot of wear and tear. I hope this hotel gets some fluffing and freshening soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnDTCSE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Our hotel will be enduring a major renovation, within the upcoming year, which will include replacement of mattresses, new furniture, and updgrades to guest rooms and public areas. I apologize for the statement of repairing our chairs, I'm sure the staff was trying to make light of the suggestion, and responded poorly. We do take the safety of our guests very seriously and are already in the process of adding reinforcements to the chairs, to provide additional support. We do not allow pets in the breakfast area of the hotel, and have informed my staff to coach guests who attempt to bring them into dining areas. We are in the process of replacing all of our bathroom doors, as the company that installed them, did not "weather-proof" them for the humidity/moisture in the bathrooms. I am pleased to hear that the remainder of your stay was pleasant. I stand by Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and would be happy to compensate you for your experience, if you would contact me at the hotel.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!