“Great Bed, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9231 East Arapahoe Road, Greenwood Village, CO 80112-3677 (Formerly Hampton Inn Denver-Southeast (Tech Center))   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Greenwood Village
Miami, Florida
“Great Bed, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My stay at Hampton is a night stopover on my way to Pikes Peak just outside of Colorado Springs. Located about twenty miles south of Denver right off Interstate 25 and about a two hour drive from my destination this property is just about perfect for my purpose.

I arrive late in the evening after a long day of touring around the “Rocky Mountain State” which makes the clean and comfortable bed so welcoming. The Hampton Inn claims to have fresh duvet and covers for every guest, I believe them.

Nearby there are numerous dining options even a Mexican restaurant in one corner of the parking lot. I am on the road too early to enjoy the complimentary breakfast but I have a feeling it is worthwhile.

The Hampton Inn definitely deserves consideration if you are going to roaming around the “Rocky Mountain State”.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Alamo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is located in a very convenient location. Very close to HWY 25. The lobby is very clean and modern. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. The selections were always fresh and tidy. The evening reception with complimentary beer, wine and snacks was very nice and relaxing after a long day. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free wifi was very fast and had a strong signal everywhere I used it. The rooms are modern and have large flat screen tvs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Only complain was the pillows.....they are flat like pancakes......We had 3 of us in a room with 4 pillows.....lots of things to eat in walking distance to Hotel. Great cookies at front desk, and as always, we love the breaskfast in the morning. Perfect for a family. Always a good bang for our buck at Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for one night while in the area on business.  I was sold a room with a king bed and separate sofa at a price point of $121 with tax.

The property is located in a busy commercial area south of Denver.  Entrances are well marked and access is easy.  The exterior of the property is typical for a "first generation" Hampton and was found to be clean.  Parking is more than adequate for the number of rooms.

The lobby area was in good repair and check-in was flawless. The clerk was most cordial and I was quickly off to my room.

The elevator cab was found to be in disrepair with extensive wear noted to both the walls and carpeting.  Elevators tend to be a "window" into general upkeep of a property and this one proved to be no exception.  Problems were ahead.

Interior hallways, while clean, were dated and lighting could certainly be better. The sleeping room and bath appeared dated, although room furnishings appeared to be fairly new and were in good repair.  While bedding and room amenities were typical for the brand, the mattress was much firmer than that which I routinely find at a Hampton property.

Within the bath the water control and shower assembly was suspect at best.  The tub area, while clean, obviously has seen better days.  It very difficult to control the water temperature and the shower would not stay on, leading to water flow from the main spigot.

The breakfast area was stocked with well worn chairs that appeared to have come from a banquet hall.  Not at all what one typically finds at a Hampton.  While the food was plentiful and the service good, the aesthetics and quality of the space left much to be desired.

In short, this Hampton is tired.  It needs an infusion of cash for remodeling to return it to brand standard.  Given this experience, when I am next in the area I will select an alternate property for my stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I went to Denver over Christmas Holiday and found our way to this hotel. We felt at home with the staff and it was important I tell someone about our experience. Everything from the bed to the breakfast was beyond our expectations and we will be back. Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
los alamos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Last year this was the place of choice for us when visiting Denver (often). The mattresses were always just right, the place respectably clean, the breakfast bar quite good, smoke free facility with a decent exercise room, the staff very pleasant and helpful, and the location fairly quiet. This last visit 10/22/12, we found the mattresses a little worn out and not as comfortable, the pillows a bit mushy, and the chairs in the breakfast area were not sturdy. We are not big people (145 -160 lbs), but found many of the chairs were rickety and in need of stabilization or replacement; we tried several before finding a couple that were sturdy. When we suggested to the front desk that the management replace the chairs the person laughed and said it was probably time to glue them again. This was disturbing, since personal safety and hotel liability is the issue. People aren't as small as they used to be and the hotel could benefit by getting some slightly larger chairs. We don't know Colorado laws, but a child had brought in a puppy to the breakfast room too.
A protective plastic moulding on the door corners in the hall caught my sleeve; in our room the bathroom door was badly blistered, and looked like it had been chewed near the bottom.
Everything else was the same as we have come to expect
It's to be expected that hotels suffer a lot of wear and tear. I hope this hotel gets some fluffing and freshening soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnDTCSE, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Our hotel will be enduring a major renovation, within the upcoming year, which will include replacement of mattresses, new furniture, and updgrades to guest rooms and public areas. I apologize for the statement of repairing our chairs, I'm sure the staff was trying to make light of the suggestion, and responded poorly. We do take the safety of our guests very seriously and are already in the process of adding reinforcements to the chairs, to provide additional support. We do not allow pets in the breakfast area of the hotel, and have informed my staff to coach guests who attempt to bring them into dining areas. We are in the process of replacing all of our bathroom doors, as the company that installed them, did not "weather-proof" them for the humidity/moisture in the bathrooms. I am pleased to hear that the remainder of your stay was pleasant. I stand by Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and would be happy to compensate you for your experience, if you would contact me at the hotel.
Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn that was conveniently located for a visit with family. The standard room amenities and comfortable bed are one of the reasons I chose Hampton Inn and that did not disappoint. There is nothing special about the hotel and it was a decent, but not a memorable stay. The room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your experience. We will be going through a complete renovation within the upcoming year, updating guest rooms and public areas. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to further impress you with our remodel. We value you as our guest, and would love to welcome you back, when visiting the Denver Tech Center.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel? Share your experiences!