“Good weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sammamish, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was a bad experience from the very beginning. We arrived around 11 pm and waited for 10-15 minutes before the clerk arrived to check us in. The electronic card key did not work and we had numerous problems with these keys the entire 5 day stay. There were many disgruntled guests with the same problem. The rooms are in serious need of updating as the carpets, furnishings and decor are very old and stained. However, they did have new flat screen TV's. The housekeeping staff was friendly but did not clean the rooms very thoroughly, We found old food in our refrigerator upon arrival in the room. We were awakened by a dog barking in the room next to ours and we were astonished to learn that pets are allowed in the rooms. There is an area of the hotel reserved for smoking rooms but the smell permeates into the hallways and elevators. The one positive is that the bed was comfortable but this is not enough for me to ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the smoking area and where pets are not allowed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We booked our travel through Hotwire. According to Hotwire, the rooms are supposed to have Microwave and Refrigerator. This was very important for me as I was traveling with family. When we got here, we were told that rooms with two beds dont have Microwaves and Fridges. Either the management lied to Hotwire or Hotwire lied to us. Given my past experience of Hotwire (very reliable) I believe that the management misled them.

When I complained to management about this, their solutions was to offer us to check us out right away (and loose our money). They said that the hotel is booked solid and they can not provide a spare Microwave. Again a lie as hotel was not anywhere near full.

Other then the bad experience, and non-cooperation of management, the hotel seems OK. There is no exhaust in the bathroom. So it can be very awkward if more than one person is staying in the room.

There is another La Quinta Inn just around the block (E. Arapahoe) and if someone had to stay in La Quinta, I will suggest that location.

Room Tip: This hotel may be Ok for single business traveler, but I would not recommend for families or for peo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at several hotels across the Denver area on this trip and really liked the stay at this specific La Quinta. The front desk staff were great! Due to my flight getting in early, they allowed me to check in at 11:00 am instead of the standard 3:00 pm. They also moved me up to a king size bed rather than two doubles. The room was large, clean and well equipped. They foyer area of the room contained a neatly hidden microwave and fridge and really came in handy. The flat screen TV was perfect size and positioned so that you could enjoy it from either the work desk, recliner or bed. Oh, and the word desk was a real desk with electrical outlets so I didn't have to crawl on my hands and knees looking for an outlet. They also had outlets located at each of the night stands along the bed. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were spotless white. The bathroom was also spacious and had all the amenities I needed. I hesitate booking at La Quinta because I never know what I'm going to get. This hotel has to be one of the chains best. The hotel is adjacent to an IHOP and within a 5 minute drive from mega-plex movie theaters and many, many other restaurants. The hotel is conveniently located just off the I-25 for easy on and easy off access. They also offer free parking; free Internet and free breakfast. Why can't all La Quinta's be this nice? Definitely a hotel that I will keep in my address book for future stays in the Denver area.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be great. Even those near the elevator are quiet and well equipped.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kinder, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a really good hotel to stay at if you have children. The rooms are very clean. The room that we stayed in we had a backdoor that we could go to the swimming pool to. The back area of the hotel where the swimming pool was located was beautiful! Very nice staff! The air condition we did have a problem with though, it was very hot during the night!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Englewood Tech Ctr
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver En...
#8 of 15 in Greenwood Village
3.5 of 5 stars 370 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.5 of 5 stars 533 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#2 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 272 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Tech Center
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Tec...
#4 of 15 in Greenwood Village
4.0 of 5 stars 136 reviews
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!