“Solheim retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Greenwood Village
Lincoln, California
“Solheim retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were in for an entire week and this place worked perfectly for us ! It was always quiet here. We didn't hear traffic, people or sirens at night. The slider allowed us fresh air ventilation. Bedding and towels were adequate.. There is some green grass and a few local bunnies enjoying it. Always made me smile.

All staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was available, somewhat varied and a great $$$$ saver for travelers.

This hotel was associated with the Solheim Cup. But, they did not get the Golf Channel which was televising it. We were disappointed and a bit confused that an " affiliate " for this event, did not have TV coverage. Bear in mind, many of us are fans who had travelled far and wide to see this event in person and on TV. It was mentioned and the next day we had it!!! It was hot and dusty at the event so it was really nice to come "home" to a cool, quiet room and watch the coverage.

Now it must be said, one day we arrived home to a very hot room as the AC was not working. We called the desk, waited10 minutes, called again and within 45 minutes the room was cooling. It was an inconvenience but was handled OK.

We did not really use the kitchen except for the fridge and microwave. When staying someplace for an entire week, these were important amenities.

Overall, the setting was good and the facility, while not new, more than adequate, and the staff terrific.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet corner.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the Solheim Cup. We truly appreciate your comments and will share them with our staff. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Denver area.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A great place to land after our week of camping in the local Rockies! The Bi-level Loft arrangements gave sleeping space for all 4 of us and privacy as well between us and the kids. Spent a whole day at the pool..kids had a blast and very relaxing for us. Breakfast is great and the guest grill area really inviting. The staff always helpful. Would definitely stay again,

Room Tip: The bi-level loft room is like being in your own condo with full kitchen, fireplace, and a bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and for taking time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. I will personally share you comments with our staff and hope that you will be able to visit us again soon. Best wishes to you and your family.
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

So these guys sell rooms that will sleep 6. We are a family of 6. Makes sense right? They forget to tell you that each room that will sleep 6 comes with ONE 40 GALLON HOT WATER HEATER! Look, I have a wife and 4 DAUGHTERS! That hot water lasted one shower and the rest of them were pissed off the rest of the day. One would think that you should not have to ration the hot water in a hotel you are paying $200/night for. Stayed one night and moved on.

Room Tip: "Shower before you come". That should be their motto.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments and am very sorry that our Penthouse loft was unable to meet your needs for your family. We do value your opinions and review these with our staff to look at ways to improve the hot water capacity for these units.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had three rooms with 12 people total for the Kid Rock concert. The afternoon before to the concert we hung out at the pool. Great setting and easy for all rooms. We had rooms at different ends of the location and it was was still very close.

As for the proximity to the concert (Fiddlers Green), a short 5 minute walk and we were at the gate. Perfect for a rainy evening. We were back at the hotel before most even go to their cars.

The breakfast the next morning allowed us all to get together again and have a relaxing time to say goodbye. The food was pretty good for a free part of the stay.

The staff was VERY accommodating for any of our requests. Earlier check in for those that were available. Plastic cups to allow us to respect the "no Glass" policy at the pool.

Overall, we all will use this facility again.

Room Tip: I had a studio on the ground floor, others had the suites upstairs. The suites were loft type so th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at the Residence Inn Denver Tech Center during the Kid Rock concert. We truly appreciate you comments and will share them with our staff. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Reading, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This type of Residence Inn consists of individual buildings with a few rooms in each. That's much nicer than being in a single large building. You cross the car park to reception which also includes the breakfast area. There's an outdoor pool, a small ball game area and barbecue patio with shaded seating. The great thing about this type of Residence Inn is the bi-level loft rooms - far more spacious than a normal hotel room. Downstairs you have a lounge with a kitchen diner area, including a sofa bed and another bed which folds up into the wall and disappears. There's also a desk and bathroom. Then you go upstairs to a sort of balcony with a bed and another bathroom. I stayed here on business, but it would be great for a family, and if you want to go self-catering, they even do your shopping for you for no extra charge!

My room was perhaps a little tired and showing signs of wear, but it was clean and well looked after. The aircon worked fine, if a bit noisy. The thermostat is downstairs, which means that on a warm day the bedroom area upstairs gets too hot, unless you have the downstairs area uncomfortably cold. I'm a bit fussy about noise, and found myself needing earplugs due to the combined noise of the aircon, refrigerator and outside cooling fans. I had a direct view across to the Rocky Mountains, which is very therapeutic on a sunny morning or evening. (There was a multi storey car park in view as well, but I'll forgive that.)

There's a small mall a few minutes' walk away, with a liquor store, organic supermarket, Starbucks, Subway, and several others, and a few more minutes' walk gets you to the Elephant bar restaurant with a good varied menu.

The Park Meadows mall is a few minutes' drive away, and this is definitely one of the nicer malls - quite big, all the usual outlets plus a large food court.

Residence Inn breakfasts are often quite limited, and this is no exception. The usual delicious Marriott waffle machine is there, along with cereals and some hot breakfast (eggs, patties etc which I didn't have). There was some 'proper' crockery and cutlery but this often ran out before the end and we were back to polystyrene plates and bowls and plastic cutlery. Pity. Free food is served in the early evenings, nothing special, but if you don't want to go out, it's there, and my meatballs and salad were fine.

If you fancy a drive into the country, you could do worse than drive 25-30 min to Golden, which is in the foothills and has numerous restaurants.

The staff were helpful and competent, no problems at all. I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return if I were coming back to the area.

Room Tip: Definitely try for a bi-level loft room. The rooms which face west to the mountains would be better...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey. We truly appreciate your feedback and will review your comments with all our staff. We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I would like to thank the Residence Inn and their staff particularly Aaron, Laura, James and Monet who went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. We traveled down to Denver from Canada for 4 weeks to attend the Star Centre and the staff did everything possible to make it feel like home. Our kids loved the hotel and we are grateful to have found a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on all the "Great" comments you made about our staff. Hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My stay started well over a year ago and I have come to consider some of the staff as part of my extended family. I start my day very early and know that when I come to the gate house for breakfast that I will see Wes and Aaron greeting me with a smile and Amelia always has a wonderful breakfast prepared for which I can choose from. As I leave for the day of working I'm always told to have a good day. Sound familiar yet? The Residence Inn has what they call happy hour, from 6-7:30 pm which consist of beverages, and different foods Monday through Thursday. I generally work late hours and normally come in late. Monet and Re who regularly work evenings will send me a text asking if I would like them to save me some food. This is wonderful, for I get caught up in work and forget that I can just call the Inn and ask them to save me some something to eat for the evening. I come home, (the inn), after working a long day and know that Laura, (Long wavey blond haired young lady), Monet, Yesenia and Re will greet me with "How was your day?". Now do you have the idea? Pedro, Edgar and Gabrielle make sure that all is maintained and are always helpful. I've stayed at many hotels, inn, motels, etc. But the stay here at the Residence Inn has topped all of my expectations. Walking distance to restaurants, shopping and entertainment, clean rooms, great food and wonderful staff can't be beat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wesley B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you so much for you wonderful comments about the property and staff. I will certainly share your comments with everyone. It is serving great loyal customers like yourself that make this job so rewarding.

Been to Residence Inn Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!