“Ok stay.....bare bones hotel somewhat pricey for what it is” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Denver South

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Denver South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Denver South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9201 East Arapahoe Road, 1-25 at Arapahoe Road, Exit #197, Greenwood Village, CO 80112   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Greenwood Village
San Diego, California
“Ok stay.....bare bones hotel somewhat pricey for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is located right off the highway which is good. There are several hotels within a block with a Hampton Located directly next door. I checked-in and the rate was 49.99 plus tax = 55.16 which for a Motel 6 is high (I travelled across the US for 7 weeks thus needed to stay relatively on a budget). The woman at check-in was extremely nice and was a seamless process. There is a one-way road next to the hotel which is VERY elusive in terms of signage. A cop pulled me over for going down it, as they should, but told that MANY people do the same thing as the signage is not transparent....no ticket for it which was good.

The room itself was very bare bones but relatively clean. Some of the furniture was worn and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. There was a pool out back but it was closed for the season.

Pros: location, service, internet speed/access (although 3.00 extra), hardwood floors

Cons: beds, furniture upkeep

Room Tip: No suggestions.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I would just stay somewhere else...I stay at hotels/motels on a regular basis all year for about 6 years and Im not picky or hard to please. Ive stayed in really bad motels, really good hotels and in between...it doesnt matter and I usually only write reviews if things are pretty bad. I hate Motel 6 as a chain in general. Even though its a cheaper chain its still too expensive for what you get these days. Small beds, few tv channels, no alarm clocks, no free internet and the internet you pay for sucks. Im also from the Denver area and Greenwood Village is known as a pretty nice area so I figured at its worst this motel 6 wouldnt be that bad...I was wrong.....Heres my experience that may be updated as Im still here; The staff is super friendly, the male afternoon clerk needs a raise because he was just really nice...for the most part the staff was so nice that I feel bad that they have to work at such a crappy motel. The rooms are partially renovated (I seen a few rooms) and look like an Ikea store but the bathrooms arent renovated..the toilets flushed bad and the shower was old and sprayed everywhere...didnt matter to me, Ive seen worse but some might care. (please read ending of review for something that does matter no matter how laid back I am) I had the do not disturb sign up and both locks, locked yet 2 mornings in a row the maids knocked at 830am and tried coming in There are shady people everywhere...using the motel to party at, beer bottles everywhere, people yelling and being loud, a girl puked along an entire hallway 1 night (the maids did clean it up the next morning when they were informed about it)...The partying locals monopolize the pool, so good luck enjoying that.... There is a heavy cop presence between this motel and the 1 next door but apparently for good reason I guess....they have been in this motel every night arresting someone (fighting, drinking, drugs, noise) Im a younger easy going person that also likes to party but this was all ridiculous. The internet isnt free and you have to purchase a 24 hour access code at the front desk for $3....Everything worked fine the 1st night but the 2nd night apparently none of the access code cards are working, I go to the front and the younger evening front desk clerk said she'd call the customer service for me but not all the cards would do that. So I go back to my room and while Im waiting for her to call the room I try my other card...and it doesnt work either...and hour later I go back down and the younger girl had already left and the late night clerk wasnt much help but was friendly and told me they dont call customer service for guest and gave me every option besides a refund for all my useless internet cards. Had I known this I would have called myself no complaint yet I waited for an hour....Anyway, I call customer service and am on the phone 20 minutes but they were able to bypass the bad codes and get the internet working for me. NOW, something I am used to having managed a hotel and staying at so many...but wont tolerate....Bed Bugs..or any biting bug in my bed....My boyfriend in 2 nights has been bitten 6 times and even though I know what to look for, I havent seen any but he was bitten so bad that our company had our room moved for us.... At this point I really just want to move to another hotel so I hope this reviews saves someone the hassle....this motel is cheap but not so much cheaper you should stay here anyways....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I'd suggest NOT staying here. I had reserved a room online and paid $1 a night for a fridge and our room didn't even have one. When we got in the floor was wet and dirty (no idea why it was wet). The towels were ratty and looked like rags and one even had what appeared to be yellow pus on it. We stayed a total of 2 nights and we could tell that the sheets were not changed the following day.

The service was horrible and when we came back the first night at 1am after a concert our keys did not let us into the building. When someone came out we went in and our keys would not let us into our room! We had to go to the front desk and deal with the horrible service to get the keys to work to our room. The following morning, when we were running a bit late, the shower took a total of (and I timed it) 6 minutes to warm up.

Overall, horrible experience I would suggest staying away. The employees were rude and unhelpful and the room was disgusting.

Room Tip: They all seemed pretty awful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bluff City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Drove from Ouray, Co. to catch a plane the next day so I got in town late. Since I was tired and only going to spend a few hours at the hotel we decided to go cheap and get a room at the Motel 6. The place looked run down but how bad could it be. We checked in and went up to the room, right away we noticed how hot the room was (the high that day was in the upper 90's). So on went the window AC unit. It,s fan started and intermitted squeeking. After about 10 minutes I went down to the desk to ask for another room. They promptly said OK but I wanted to check it out before we moved. It was on the top floor. Apparentlly this is where the party people stay because the people I pasted in the hall going in and out of rooms looked at me like I was a NARC (I am 51). Went in the room (which was as run down as the other) and it's AC unit would not even turn on. Took the key back to the desk and went back to the orginal room, no other rooms we availabe and I was too tired to go to another motel. We left the AC off all night with the room tempature in the upper 80's. We got up early and left. The good thing that came out of this experience is that I will not try to sleep cheap again, it just ruins a great vacation. The fun photo below is the no smoking ash tray in our room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

On our move from Missouri to California, we stopped here overnight because of Motel 6's awesome pet policy. It's actually not a bad place. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the proximity to the interstate was great. Our cats really loved the large window, too. If we're in the area again with pets, we'll definitely stay here. And if you're needing just a basic place to sleep for the night, this would be your place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

My family and I was on our way home to Wyoming after seeing some family out in Colorado Springs. The weather was changing and it begain to snow. My Husband and I decided to pull into the Motel 6 for the night. From the moment we arrived at this Motel we got nothing but exceptional service. The Guest relations employee was very considerate of our accomadations for our family. When we got to our room, it was bigger and more spacious then other motel 6 rooms i have ever been in. The bathrooms were also very clean. As a mother i was very comfortable with our choice. The Motel was a nice interior corridor right off the highway in Greenwood Village. It was surrounded with resturants and shopping which was very convenient for my family. We were able to go to the Target accoss the street and get us some gloves and hats for the rest of our trip in the morning, then went and had some dinner at the diner that was in the same parking lot. My husband and I were very happy that we stopped our kids and our dog were able to sleep comfortable for the rest of the night. I would definetley come visit this Motel again whenever i am in this area.

• Liked — I loved the Convienence and how comofortable i was
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Littleton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

Despite the worn carpet and peeling panels in the elevator, it was an OK stay. The building was very quiet and soundproofed, unlike most Motel 6's. The room was reasonably clean, and the front desk staff friendly. There is a vending and laundry room next to the office.

The site was surrounded by fast food eateries and near the freeway. It's a Motel 6, and an old one too. Don't expect more, but it is easy on the wallet, and pet friendly.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Denver South? Share your experiences!