“Colorado's finest English B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast

You added Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   1221 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631 (Formerly Sod Buster Inn Bed & Breakfast)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Greeley B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Colorado's finest English B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Normally, when I travel on business the company looks me into hotels with whom they have special arrangements. Occasionally, when the company nominated hotels aren't available I get the opportunity to make my own choice. And, when I go to Greeley, Colorado, there is only one choice.

I really look forward to, and enjoy, the style and high standards I encounter at the Sodbuster Inn. And, regardless of the fact that I'm Scottish, I really look forward to the closest thing you will find to an English bed-and-breakfast in Colorado, or in the States for that matter.

I know you guys, have got lots of positive comments on trip advisor but I just thought I would say a few words to reinforce the positive attitude that people have about your place.

Room Tip: Frankly, all of the individually decorated rooms are delightful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
stephaniejayne_10, Owner at Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Gosh what a nice review - Thank you!
We do our best to keep our guests happy and we love to see returning guests and incidentally.. we never tire of hearing nice comments. We re looking forward to seeing you next time you need to be in Northern Colorado! Best regards from Derek & Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Laramie, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed the Horace Greeley room. Everything was impeccably clean and the owners were very accommodating. We loved our big jetted soaking tub and breakfast in the morning was quite tasty!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
stephaniejayne_10, Owner at Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thanks for the review! I hope all went well with your office visit and that you made it back home safely. We'd love to hear if it's a boy or a girl... do keep us posted! Very best of luck! Stephanie & Derek
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Spent two delightful days at this B & B this past weekend. The hospitality is wonderful; the room was very comfortable; the breakfasts were superb; what more can I say but that I enjoyed it very much (in spite of the slight glitch of a power outage in the evening which was beyond their control). The staircase to the 2nd floor is something out of the movies. I will stay there again if I have the opportunity!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Torrington, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

A very nice stay for us in the Horace Greeley room for two nights. The B & B is a new building with all the proper plumbing and electrical options, but with the charm of an old house.There was a jetted tub and lots of space in the bathroom and the bed was very comfy.The ambiance in the living and dining room was cozy and comfortable. Our gracious hostess was full of lots of knowledge about all that was going on around town. Her breakfasts were very tasty and she gave us great advice on where to go for an anniversary dinner. We were located on the main level, but the normal noise was not noticable, nor was the traffic outside.The location was ideal for either walking downtown or driving about the area.We were disappointed that their special once a year dinner was no longer available, as we were looking forward to that. All in all, we're tickled that our daughters gave us a gift certificate to stay there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here for three nights, in the ground floor Meeker Room. The B + B is a modernized (in all the good ways, flat screen tv, etc) charming HUGE Victorian house. Very airy, sunny, clean and welcoming. The British ex-pat owners, Stephanie and Derek, are a delight and very warm -- a pleasure to talk with and very active in the downtown community. Super comfortable bed and high quality linens, and delicious breakfast. Don't consider staying in a chain hotel. This B + B is much more like a small, sophisticated boutique Inn. You won't be disappointed. If I'm ever back in Greeley, I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 night stay at Sod Buster Inn. I was in town for a family bridal shower, and I wanted a quiet, restful place to stay that would allow me to relax after an eight hour drive. I also wanted to be able to think and write in the morning hours. The Asa Sterling room, with its soaker tub (apart from the shower), in a bathroom completely separate from the bedroom, filled my need to unwind from my drive. The beautiful brass queen bed was comfortable, the ceiling fan a big plus, and the desk in the well-insulated quiet room provided the space that I needed to think and write.

After walking through the door of this Bed and Breakfast from the veranda completely encircling the house, I immediately began to feel at home. I appreciated the cleanliness, the quiet, and of course, the lovely chat each morning with the owners, Derek and Stephanie. My table was preset for breakfast with juice, water, and yogurt, and while I waited for them to bring out my hot eggs florentine with croissant and fresh fruit the first morning (and ham potato casserole with English muffin and fruit the next morning), they quickly supplied me with a piping hot pot of tea, when I told them I was a tea drinker not a coffee drinker. You know you've stayed at a welcoming place when it inspires you to look at your own house after the trip and say "I'd like my home to feel as clean, open-airy, and inviting as the Sod Buster Inn." Thanks a lot for a refreshing stay, Derek and Stephanie!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a pleasant stay overnight at the Sod Buster Inn. As a novice to the personable and individualized service, I did not know to ask about ice, hair dryer, iron, etc. before undressing! The room was comfortable & quiet; I enjoyed myself.

Room Tip: If it is important to you, ask if your room has a jetted tub, as not all do.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Currier Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!