“Go elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Greeley

You added Days Inn Greeley to your Saves list
Days Inn Greeley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5630 West 10th Street, Greeley, CO 80634 (Formerly Microtel Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Greeley
Denver, Colorado
“Go elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Small rooms, rude staff, stale breakfast.

Added charges to my bill with out discussing with me first. this is how they pay for maintenance, nickel and dime the clients.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BrewsFra, General Manager at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
My response to this guest is I hope you "go elsewhere". I don't appreciate your damages to the room and then thinking there are no consequenses for your actions. Maybe our society is the way it is because some people expect others to pay for their actions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and attending the New Year's party across the street.

First the front desk clerk was a delight! She was so helpful and informative.
Second the best amenity I have ever found in a hotel was the free use of an IPad while we were there.
Third the manager was very friendly and a delight to talk with.
Fourth the room was extremely clean and it felt like a newly remodeled room.

It was one of the best nights I have had in a hotel in many years. And it was only one night. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
BrewsFra, Owner at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself at the party. I hope you can come again next time and it was nice to meet you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I must admit I have mixed emotions about my stay. The room that I stayed in was probably one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. It was NOT uncomfortable, just small. Between the bed and the walls, there was just 2-3 feet. The bed was comfortable and the linen clean. There were plenty of pillows for a queen size bed. The floor map on the back of the door has about 20 rooms on a floor and 5 are very tiny. Looking at the cars in the parking lot, the hotel was not at capacity, so I can only believe that since I booked online and not directly with the hotel, this is the room I got. The single elevator was a bit inconvenient so getting a room by the stairs might be better. The bathroom toilet when flushed will wake the dead. If you leave the bathroom fan on at night, it sounds like you are sleeping next to a train track with a never ending train going by. You need to be able to tune that out. There were nice features about the room such as the marble threshold into the bathroom, the TV was a flat panel with a lot of channels (no movies), and the heating unit worked very well, and quietly. The continental breakfast was nothing to speak of, but there is nothing close by other than a bakery (which we should have tried). The staff at check-in (at 9:30pm) was very friendly and helpful, wish I remembered her name. One of the other things I liked about this hotel management is they appear to address every comment made on this website. It shows me attention to detail and a genuine concern for the guests.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
BrewsFra, Owner at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Wow. What can I say. We take tremendous pride in our workplace and I think you saw that. Thanks for your coments and I hope you come again.
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We booked reservations through the days inn website more than 2 months in advance requesting the third flood (top floor). Upon arrival we got the second floor and were informed that the pet fees were $15/night per pet. Since we had two dogs (for a dog show) our nightly price would have increased nearly 40%. Day's Inn should make this known when reserving a room. I feel this is deceptive advertising and I will try my very best to avoid Day's Inns at any costs. We have traveled to many dog shows in our past and have never encountered rates like this... We also had to sign a form stating that if any hair is found on the furniture we would be liable for an extra $100 fee. They give us fitted sheets to keep the hair off the beds. Wow!!! ever try to keep fitted sheets attached to the bed???? Day's Inn. Our dogs are clean and quiet!!! The room however was noisy, we could hear people thumping around for hours each evening and morning. They told us they were at full occupancy when we arrived but the parking lot (smallest of all hotels we encountered) was never more than 1/2 full. I made reservations in good faith and not to mention well in advance, Day's Inn did not fulfill their part. From now on I will be considering other hotels way before I will ever consider another Day's Inn.
By the Way Trip Advisor seemed to have lost my first review!!! So now i have to do this again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
BrewsFra, Owner at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Our pet fees are clearly stated on the Days Inn website this guest booked on. I think you can see that we were concerned about dog hair with this guest. I personally cleaned this room twice and he was not charged for excessive hair everywhere, and I mean everywhere.
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn Greeley, CO on our recent visit to see family. The room we had was vey nice had all the amenities we wanted. The room was always cleaned. We requestedwake up calls each morning and they were always on time and very courteous. LeeAnn was friendly and very helpful to us. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
BrewsFra, General Manager at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments. LeeAnn is a great asset to the hotel and she will appreciate your direct comment toward her.
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We received deplorable treatment at the Days Inn in Greeley, CO. Not only did they attempt to charge us twice for our prepaid room, but they made additional charges to our bill without our approval. The manager and the assistant manager were extremely rude when I tried to discuss this with them. When I read the other reviews of this hotel, there are at least two which mention this type of additional charge.

After this reservation was made, it took two additional calls from Travelocity to the hotel(one to change the unwanted smoking designation to non-smoking and one to re-ask for a handicapped room). In addition, I had to call twice to make certain that they understood that we would be traveling with a service animal.

During our stay there, we were discriminated against regarding this trained service animal. Once the manager realized that this was a service dog, their story changed about what actually happened, but the charges remained. My daughter was horribly embarrassed to have her disability made so public.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
BrewsFra, Owner at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, August 29, 2010
This lady booked online and was sold a smoking, non-handicap room. We accomodated her by upgrading her into a non smoking suite. She fails to mention her 2nd dog. We completely strip and shampoo each room and thus charge a pet fee. The service dog was fine but sneaking in the 2nd is not. That was her fine she speaks of. For the 95% of guests who read this and don't sneak in pets and don't smoke in non-smoking rooms they appreciate us. For the 5%, there is another hotel out there for you.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We sometimes have a hard time finding a good place to stay because we travel with our dog. This hotel was a fabulous find and a great value. I was thrilled that we had a refrigerator in our room since we'd been traveling for days. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We had two queens and the room was a bit snug. Next time I'd opt for a king instead. Will definitely stay again since we have family in town.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
BrewsFra, Owner at Days Inn Greeley, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Thank you for your compliment. We try so hard and it's nice to get feedback.

Been to Days Inn Greeley? Share your experiences!