“Bravo!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Grand Lake
More attraction details
Owner description: Colorado's premiere summer musical company - Denver Post. RMRT produces live, professional theatre in beautiful Grand Lake, CO at the Western entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Entering its 42nd year, RMRT produces three Broadway musicals in true repertory nightly in the summer months and one musical weekends in September.
Denver
8 attraction reviews
“Bravo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We saw "The Drowsy Chaperon". A nice production of a very funny play. The cast was fantastic. The Theater is new and lovely. Comfortable seating in a nicely appointed space. We plan to go again.

Visited August 2012

Boulder, Colorado
28 attraction reviews
“Really, Anything Goes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This group is good. I go to ANY production of "Anythig Goes" anywhere, and this repertory co. Is
as good as any I've seen. I think others agree, as it appeared to be a sold out performance, with many locals making up the audience. I would definitely attend this company's performances again.

Visited August 2012
Rockledge, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“First Rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Love visiting local playhouses and this one was no disappointment. We were there for Jeckyl/Hyde performance. It was very well done and enjoyed by all. Very nice theater as well.

omaha, ne
10 attraction reviews
“broadway in the rockies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

wow. this is a gem I did not expect in the middle of the Rockies. I travel quarterly to New York on business. For the past several years, I've made sure to catch a Broadway show on each trip. I've seen many Tony-award winning shows. So when I tell you that Jekyll and Hyde at the Rocky Mountain Rep is comparabile to Broadway, I'm not blowing smoke. They have a phenominal venue, built brand new just a year ago. I'll bet they visited Broadway because I feel like they took many of the best aspects of the Shubert, Gerschwin, Majestic and more and incorporated it into their theatre. It has wonderful acoustics, is very intimate, has the latest sound and lighting technology...and oh by the way did I mention it's in the middle of the Rockies? The acting was supurb. The singing was impressive. And while everything had a Broadway-caliber feel, even better was the long-term family feel to the Theatre. The pictures of shows dating back to the 70s in their old venue across the road, combined with the cast coming out for a meet and greet after the show, gave it a unique Hometown meets Tinseltown feel. As for the show, I can see why Broadway is bringing back Jekyl and Hyde next year. I'm just not sure it'll be better than what I saw a couple weeks ago.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Saw all three 2012 Summer Musicals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

What a great 2012 season. We saw Anything Goes, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Jekyll and Hyde during the week we were in Grand Lake on vacation. All three were very entertaining. The Threatre is a well managed and funded organization and is top notch. It is a professional operation and the actors are young professionals who are very talented. The Theatre Facility itself is outstanding. I beleive this is the second season in the new building. It is supported by some very generous and proud people in the community. We really enjoyed the three productions and hope to make it back to Grand Lake some day and will definately include the RMRT.