“Weird Vibe” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Grand Junction
“Weird Vibe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were in Grand Lake on a Sunday, and this seemed to be the only place open for lunch without a 30 minute wait. From the moment we walked in, it was just weird. One of the staff started to seat us, then abruptly walked away. Before she came back, another girl showed up an seated us. After a few minutes, a waiter showed up and asked what we would like to drink. We told him, an before he came back, another waiter brought water and asked what we would like to drink. Before he was finished, the other waiter came back with our drinks. A few minutes after that, a totally new waiter showed up to take our order. Just as we finished telling him, the other waiter came back. The new waiter told the old waiter our order an then after that we had the same waiter the rest of the time. The staff were all friendly enough, but most of them looked hungover and like they had just rolled out of bed. They wore no uniform of any sort, just Tshirts and sweatpants, so it was a little hard to distinguish who were staff and who were tourists. We ordered a chicken sandwich to split, and it was good. The atmosphere is very different, but interesting. Probably wouldn't eat here again, unless it was the only place open.

Winter Park, Colorado
“Nope”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant in a beautiful place.

The experience... sucks. So blah blah, I won't get into the entire thing... here's what you do need to know. I ordered fajitas ( about #6 too much by my estimation), which the waitress had no idea was on the menu. I pointed it out, she took it, read it for 5 minutes and studiously wrote it out. The person I was with ordered chicken tenders, they didn't have them. He needed to rethink so she left. For the next 20 minutes we watched her cackle with the other waitresses in the middle of the resteraunt. My food then comes out and she finally asks what he wants. He says nothing, seeing as my food was already there. Then my food comes out in 4 stages, 5 minutes between each. By the time I finally got the tortillas all my meat was cold.

Bah. And it ended with "do you... like... want the check?" Yes. I like do.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grand Lake, Colorado
“Good weekly entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

It is a restaurant but they book awesome music weekly. I love to sit on the bar side to eat dinner to watch & listen to the music. The outside patio during warmer weather has awesome views of Grand Lake and Mt Baldy. Sit back, sip on a margarita and their crab rellenos (summer only) and enjoy! This place hosts many of the town's parties & events such as race for the cure and the winter carnival in Feb.

Visited November 2013
Pacific Grove, California
“Only If You're Desperate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food is not to our liking. The taco's were so greasy that a puddle of grease actually formed in the bottom of the paper-lined basket. The tomales had no sauce and tasted like they were made weeks ago, frozen, then microwaved for serving. The service was excellent.

Broomfield, Colorado
“I used to love this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been eating here for 15 years. It used to be a fantastic Mexican restaurant with fabulous homemade salsa and margaritas. Each year I've noticed that not only has the service gone downhill, but sadly the food too. This visit, I couldn't believe the fact that they had the nerve to charge for chips and salsa to accompany a meal! I can understand if people are just coming in and drinking and eating free chips, or eating LOTS of chips, but to charge for EACH basket of chips is ridiculous! On top of it, the salsa, which used to be so good is now basically a bowl of canned tomatoes with a little bit of seasoning. The tomatoes aren't even chopped up so when you scoop up the salsa you get a huge stewed tomato! The dinner combo was ok--fair quality--nothing to rave about. The service was just as horrible as the last couple of times. They seem to be employing a staff of seasonal workers and are scraping by with a minimum number of them. Sadly, this will probably be my last visit here. There are a few other Mexican restaurants in town and I will be trying them from now on.

• Visited September 2013