“I was amazed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Gateway Inn to your Saves list
Gateway Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 West Portal Road, P.O. Box 1169, Grand Lake, CO 80447   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Grand Lake
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Aurora, Co
“I was amazed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

My brothers told me about how they stayed in the wonderful hotel last time they went Ice fishing and that I would really like it. I was amazed at the excellence of the Hotel's staff with service and cleanliness. The location was perfect, right at the entrance to main street and across the street from the lake, beautiful view of mountains. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, my room had a fireplace"Nice" The Lounge was very well set up: bar, card tables, shuffle board, fireplace even had a local band Sat. nite. Very comfortable atmosphere to relax and enjoy the evening. I totally enjoyed the outdoor Hot Tub. I have no complaints, There was 8 men in our party an every one of them was extremely satisfied with the total package the hotel had to offer. I will be back SOON ! Thank you Lisa for all you did for the "Law" party. I would suggest I-Home alarm clock in rooms, for I-Pods also microwave ovens in room. I'll be Back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Gatewayinn, General Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
I am so glad that you had such a nice visit with us. The Law family men were a pleasure to have here. Tell the guys that Tracy and I said "hello!" and we hope to see all of you next year. Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Take Care.
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
arvada,colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Hospitality just cannpt be beat. Much better than the hotels at ski resorts. The furnishings are very beautiful, as well as comfortable. The addition of a short, but very, very well priced menu is a great addition to this cozy place. Our suggestions would be to set the clock in the room for arriving guests, turn on the refrigerator and provide a TV channel guide. In addition, you should set the menu out in a more prominent place in the room. Finally, be sure the floor around the tub/shower is clean of even small hair. To be honst we have stayed here for a long time over the years and prefer it to any other place we have tried. You cannot find a more accomodatind and hospitable staff any where else. This is a five star review for the five star people who manage and operate this most beautiful place in a setting that can't be beat. Jan and Bill Carpenter

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Gatewayinn, General Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Jan and Bill

Thanks for the review! I got TV guides in the rooms and strategically placed the menus. Housekeeping got 3 lashes with a wet noodle! LOL Esmeralda said she must not have been wearing her glasses to miss the hair. She vows to never work again without them. All joking aside...you guys are great! We love seeing you. Glad you like the new menu. Take care. Sure we will be seeing you real soon.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My family and I stayed with another family on New Years Eve. We watched the fireworks from their amazing balcony. The hotel put together a casino night which was tons of fun and our kids had a great time as well. Great place, good location and friendly staff. We will return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
It is so nice to get such great comments on this site! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to do this. I had a great time on New Years too! I don't think I have never taught so many people the game of Craps in my life! I hope they don't all run off to Vegas now. LOL Take care, have a great 2010, and I hope you will stay with us next year.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

The staff is very accomodating, food was great, the deck off the lounge has beautiful views of the lake and the mountains. They have games, big screen TV's in the lounge, and Wii too! The rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Gatewayinn, General Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2009
Thank you so much! I am glad that you and your family had a nice time while you were here. Your girls were great! You were great! Can't wait to see you again.

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed at the Gateway Hotel for 3 nights in Oct 2009. The hotel overlooks the gorgeous town of Grand Lake. The views of the lake and mountains are breathtaking.

Our room was a Lakeview King. The hotel is full of beautiful log furniture. We had a balcony, which was nice. There is a fun bar in the hotel. We met lots of Grand Lake locals and other travelers.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

The town is adorable and it's a great base for hiking Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Gatewayinn, Assistant Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2009
Hi Laura! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much! That is exactly the kind of experience we want our guests to have. We continue to strive for that every day. I hope you had a safe trip back to California and hope you can come visit us again soon! Don't forget Winter Carnival!!

Best Wishes,
Tracy
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

The rooms are quiet and the beds are comfortable. We have stayed at this hotel several times and would not consider any other lodging in the area.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Milford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

This was a perfect start to our Colorado vacation. Everything about this hotel was fantastic! The view, the beautiful rooms decorated with log furniture, the lounge area, the bar and the staff.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Gatewayinn, General Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, October 18, 2009
THANKS! It is so nice to have our guests comment on sites like Tripadvisor. I am glad it was a great stay for you. Come again soon!
Take care.
Lisa

Been to Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!