“I really want to love this place. But I don't. It has great potential, though.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Lake Lodge

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: t re-opened this summer. Lodge has been reconditioned. View is spectacular and food is wonderful and resaonably priced.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The lodge is beautiful. The porch is perfect. The martinis were watery and warm and the dinner just ok. The brunches are better than the dinners. We have been several times and the last time was probably the end for me. We were seated by the window and the folks below us were smoking and it blew up onto us. Blah. We asked to please move- there were plenty of tables but not enough waiters so we had to remain put. The waitress had really dirty hands and nails and that bugged me but maybe it wouldn't bother you. I was really looking forward to their reopening but I honestly can't see any improvement.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Va
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We didn't stay here but ate a dinner and breakfast here. The view is gorgeous. The cabins have been redone, but most don't have a view. Great open lobby with huge fireplace and glass windows overlooking the lake , swimming pool/hottub and mountains. Food was delicious and beautiful presentation

Visited October 2012
Lansing, Michigan
“Just OK - at maybe half the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice location and amazing views of the lake, but the food was only average, and way too expensive. We enjoy fine dining on occasion, and don't mind paying a premium price for a meal when the quality is exceptional. While the menu choices appeared to be fine dining-type meals (which were supported by the prices), the actual taste of the food left a lot to be desired. The presentations of the meals were very good – but everything we had was just so-so. Take away the presentation, cut the prices in half, and the meals would have been “good.” Not great, just good.

Visited October 2012
Colorado
“Good food, great view, a bit 'pricey'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here one evening in late September. It was towards the end of their summer season, and they were not very busy. The Lodge is located a little ways off of Highway 34, inside the Rocky Mountain National Park boundary. It’s one of those old National Park lodges, built in the 1930s or 1940s, but has since been restored. It has that mid-20th century ambiance, and a great view of Grand Lake from the dining room. Service was friendly and prompt, and the food was good. My wife had the coconut shrimp and I had the buffalo meatloaf. Both were very good. Prices are a little on the high side. We had no appetizer, no drinks and no dessert – just the entrees – and the bill, with tax and tip – came to almost $50. It’s a nice spot for a special dinner, but probably not someplace you’d go every night, unless money is no object.

Visited September 2012
Grand Lake, CO
“A great Sunday brunch with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Sunday brunch at the Lodge is delicious. Eat out on the porch and enjoy the food and view. You must go here when in Grand Lake! Only open in the spring and summer months.

Visited September 2012