“Try Beer Sampler” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Try Beer Sampler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped in on a whim. mMy husband wanted to try the sampler. Was fun to test the different ones. I do not drink beer and found them to be tasty. The Nitro was great... There were a couple great and a couple ehh beers. The Spinach Artichoke dip was fabulous. Pizza good. Was very disappointed in them being out of cheese beer bread. The decor needs updating and some atmosphere. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Overall good time

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food, mediocre beer.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I are lovers of microbrews and we found the beer here to be very under- whelming. We got the beer sampler and they weren't bad but some of them were not that different from a Coors or a Budweiser.

On the other hand, our meals were very good. I ordered the lasagna and thought it was delicious. The sauce was outstanding and the portion size was quite large. My husband ordered the crab cake and he was very happy with it. Our meals also came with soup and they were tasty. The service was adequate and our meals came out pretty quickly.

All in all, the food was above average and reasonably priced. The beers were not all that good and the décor and atmosphere were nothing really special either.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Decent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This place is a little hard to get to, the beer is ok. It was empty when we went and our service was great, the bartender even gave us a free sample of one of the beers that wasn't on the sampler menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Go for the beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I sampled every beer on tap, and though most were average or slightly above there wasn't a bad beer in the lineup. We didn't eat, as we had the same impression of the dingy feel as other reviewers have described. Ended up grabbing a growler of the Rocky Mountain Red as that was the favorite, and then heading elsewhere to eat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Lake, Colorado
“You Never Know”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As a local resident, I've visited the Grand Lake Brewery, both in town and at its location four miles south of town, on various occasions. Overall, my experiences have been up and down, to say the least, and leave me with the opinion this restaurant is a crap-shoot. On a night when every ingredient is on hand to satisfy all that's offered on the menu and chef is in residence, food is tasty and terrific. But on nights when chef is missing in action and a trainee is at the kitchen helm, food is...well...crap. Tuesday nights are the worst. Because they close Wednesdays and get food deliveries on Thursdays, the kitchen runs out of such exodic things as buns, hamburgers, French fries, etc. So all you really get for your money are excuses, apologies and multiple trips to and fro by the wait staff--table to kitchen and back. Their beers are also a crap-shoot. For my taste, their darker offerings are excellent. Lighter ones seem bitter with an unpleasant aftertaste. Indeed, one in our party ordered a Bud Lite. Kept on tap with its brother, Budweiser, by popular demand by regulars. But like buns, hamburger and fries, it was conpicious by its absence that particular evening. Offered a taste of one of their light in-house brews as a substitute, our Bud Lite drinker chose water. My humble opinion is there are better beers brewed elsewhere in Colorado.

• Visited October 2012