“Wish we came here first” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 31 Restaurants in Grand Lake
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Wish we came here first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I came here for breakfast on our last day; we really wish we came here earlier! The decor was quaint - it reminded me of a study in someone's home: small tables, wingback chairs, books, etc. My husband had the country burrito - a breakfast burrito smothered in their sausage gravy - he told me not to bother with green chili any more! I had the Waconda Special: biscuits topped with hashbrowns, eggs, cheese and smothered in the sausage gravy (obviously we're fans of gravy). The gravy was rich, in a good way, and the biscuits were fluffy. All in all, I thought the price was equivalent to what we'd pay somewhere in Denver metro ($10 per plate), but the experience was more unique. On our next visit, we're definitely coming for dinner too.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Webb City M
“Interesting.. but just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had an early dinner that day as our flight and drive made for a weird eating schedule that day. Menu was very limited. Seemed the waitress had been to happy hour, and that was the environment in a laid back kind of way. Crepes and soup/ salad were really the only choices and it was about 5pm. I wouldn't say it was bad food/ service, but it wasn't great either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Independence, Missouri
“Interesting place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our lunch! I had the grilled cheese which was not just any grilled cheese but had 4 kinds of cheese, bacon and grilled onions. Very tasty! My husband did the special of the day Pony Sandwich - grilled Texas toast, 4 ounce hamburger, french fries, all topped with cheese sauce. The homemade vegetable soup was also excellent. Dean, our waiter, was very helpful and encouraged us to return on the weekend for breakfast. This is certainly a unique place that you would not expect to find in a town like Grand Lake. Check it out!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Oh, an average Bistro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great service, nice folks, pretty good food, not very cheap. All in all, it was "ok". Grand Lake is not competing with NYC as a culinary hub, and in the end, it's probably as good as you'll find there. Certainly an option to get a nice meal, in a nice environment. I cannot knock much, but in reality, the food was just ok.....not horrible by any means, but far from amazing.

Visited August 2013
Cape Town
“Personal and excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We both had crepes that were excellent. The service was friendly and personal, and the wine selection extraordinary for such a place. We really enjoyed! Very good value!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere