“Won't stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Grand Junction

You added Travelodge Grand Junction to your Saves list
Travelodge Grand Junction
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   718 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506 (Formerly Country Inns of America)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Denver, Colorado
“Won't stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Leaking facet, rotting doors, 4 ft long crack with sunlight coming through on front door, heater is heat or no heat so either freeze or cook! Best part was, no bed bugs and no cockroaches. Not the worst hotel in the world, okay for a 1 nighter but won't be staying again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We had a great night's sleep after traveling from AZ! The gal was friendly when we checked in for the evening. The hotel & rooms were clean & they smelled great, some air freshener was a nice scent & I often do not like any scents. The beds were comfortable & the rate was great for a suite, probably because it was a Mon. night.
The continental breakfast was sufficient. The breakfast area was bright & even the landscaping outside was well done!
If we are through Grand Junction again, we will definitely stay here!

Stay tuned for more details.s were clean

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Front desk was rude when I checked in, Room was dirty, shower didn't drain, toilet didn't flush, a/c was not working, tv remote did not work, tv picture was staticky. I asked for new batteries for remote and a fan and the the evening front desk was even more rude. No apologies for the a/c not working just said they didn't have a fan. She did send someone to steal batteries from another room. But rolled her eyes and huffed about as she did it!! We were in town for a track meet with my sons track team so I wasn't expecting an amazing hotel but this places wasn't worth even the $70!! Definitely, not taking my bags in the house when I get home!! Have no idea what could be crawling in my clothes!!

• Stayed May 2014
Parachute, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in the "Executive Suite" last night. First of kristie was very rude when we asked for it she said do you know how much that cost can you afford it? Taken back by her remark I replied yes n can we please have a crib she said uh yes if I can find one. She gave us the key and started to walk away I had to ask her where our room was!?!? The room itself was pleasant and the bed was amazingly comfortable! It was just a regular room with a jacuzzi. We couldn't really watch the tv because all of the channels were very fuzzy except two. Minus the overnight clerk and the tv it was was good. Like I said the bed was AMAZazing! But $187.00(with tax) was a lil to much for a fuzzy tv lol.

• Stayed March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here for over 2 months early last year (Feb-March 2013). I had an excellent room on the top floor of the Northeastern building. I had a big room with a table and a desk, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. Ther internet was decent and they gave me a great weekly rate.
We were in grand Junction for almost 3 months. I stayed down the street for a while and some of us stayed across the street. I thought this place was the nicest of the ones in this price range.
Unless this place has really gone down hill since I stayed there, I have a hard time reconciling my impressions with some of these other reviewers. I can only say my room was great.

Room Tip: Top corner rooms of building on backside of pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
countryinnsgj, Manager at Travelodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for the visit and the review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The room you mentioned is in the building that has some of largest rooms in the Grand Junction area. Since your stay, we have replaced all our wireless internet equipment, hopefully making your internet connection go from 'decent' to 'great'. We often receive guests from some of the other lodging options for extended stays and hear similar opinions. Again, thank you for the stay and we are glad you enjoyed it.
Mancos, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The first night was awesome. The beds are super soft. The hotel is older, but clean. The second night was a different story. At about 3 am we woke up to the VERY strong smell of Cigarette smoke. I specifically requested a NON-Smoking room. After calling the front desk to complain I was informed the room next to us was a Smoking room. The guy in the room must have been smoking like a chimney. By the time we checked out Everyone in our family was coughing, had sore throats, there was smoke coming in through our vent. It was a very miserable stay. I will NOT stay here ever again!!! I requested a refund but the front desk clerk was clueless and I am STILL waiting on my refund!!! I am NOT a picky person and VERY RARELY post BAD reviews. But I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you want a non smoking room make sure you request one NOT next to a smoking room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
countryinnsgj, Owner at Travelodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your multiple night stay and the review. Your first sentence is the start to a wonderful review. Sadly at some point in the hotel, the smoking rooms will have to be adjacent to a non-smoking room. These locations have been picked based on dedicated ventilation and proximity to the least number of rooms. Without inconveniencing our smoking guests, there is not an easy solution. The notes of the folio do indicate the front desk offered to transfer you rooms though.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend meeting, which is why I didn't bother to check the hotel ratings prior to booking. I am sad to say, that was a mistake. The hotel is conveniently located and the staff was very nice, but the rooms were almost unbelievably bad. Stained carpet, bad smells, very old mattresses (you can feel each bedspring), leaking faucets in both rooms, peeling paint, broken windows, and quite a few bugs (dead and alive) throughout - on the windowsills, in the sink, and several that had been squished on the walls (but not wiped off). There were stains everywhere, the walls, floor, ceiling....quite bad. I didn't want to touch the switch plates because they were quite soiled. I called the front desk about the broken windows but was told that they wouldn't get around to fixing them for a while. Figured it wasn't worth mentioning the other problems; it would appear that they know it is an old facility that is lacking in maintenance and cleanliness, so no need to report anything. I'm sorry to be so negative, but this was a very poor experience and I want to caution others. I rented two rooms for two nights; one was as bad as the other. The carpets had awful dark stains everywhere, the sinks in both rooms leaked continually, there was no good way to regulate the heat, and flushing the toilets was .... well, let's just say it wasn't always a complete success. Also, with a total of two tubs and four sinks, there was not a single drain plug to be found in either room. To be fair, there was a large group that weekend and perhaps the hotel was forced to use rooms that are not typically in service. I'm just reporting what I experienced, although I heard other people making similar comments. On a positive note, the front desk staff was very courteous and the lady who organized breakfast did a wonderful job! If hotel management reads this, before you ignore my feedback, please look at my many reviews posted on this website and you will see that i love to post positive reviews and praise. It is very unusual for me to post a negative comment, and I have never given one star before. I hope that gives some credibility to my review and I sincerely hope that this unfortunate situation can be turned around. It is a good location with a great staff, but the rooms are in bad need of deep cleaning and repairs/maintenance.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. We do appreciate reviews and very rarely disqualify them. Some of your concerns are easily addressed, yet others are not. Many of the mattress on the property have been updated recently with other upgrades in the rooms. Unfortunately your comment of being an exceptionally busy weekend with an abnormally large group is accurate. We were happy to accomodate your group on such short notice, but because of the rapid increase in numbers we had to prepare additional rooms that were otherwise scheduled to be renovated. We are glad to know the staff was able to deliver a great experience otherwise.

Been to Travelodge Grand Junction? Share your experiences!