“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

You added Grand Vista Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Vista Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2790 Crossroads Boulevard at Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506   |
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
thousand oaks
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Front desk service was awful. We weren't given the voucher we were supposed to get from Expedia. When we bought food from the "gift shop," we weren't given utensils, so we had to go back down to get them. And Shayna was not very friendly. When we went to the bar, although there were several tables of people as well as some at the bar, no one showed up to serve us. After 15 minutes we gave up and left. Breakfast buffet was not good. Eggs were brown, there was nothing special on the buffet. Even the eggs my husband ordered off the menu showed up brown! The room was fine, nice and clean. Loved the Jacuzzi tub : ) Only amenities were soap and shampoo, so bring your own. Housekeeping staff member Sonia was darling. Showed us the view and pointed out landmarks! If the hotel could get front desk and bar employees like Sonia, this place would be so much better!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the corner ones, large with windows on 2 sides.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The good part first: room was very clean and the rate was excellent. Hotel is very nice-looking and had a nice covered entry way so we could drive our car under the canopy and stay dry during the rain while unloading. The bad part: this is a large hotel and they told me not one single bathroom had a wheelchair friendly shower. When I made the reservation, I told them I would need to have a portable seat in the shower/tub and indeed they had one in the room when we arrived. Problem was it was about 14 inches tall which would be totally useless for a person in a wheelchair. Able bodied people should not be making design decisions for handicapped people! Grab bar in the shower was vertical instead of horizontal, even. I could barely get my wheelchair into the bathroom. Apparently the main dining room is closed on Sunday nights, so we would have to eat in the pub, but it had stairs to get into it. The next day we had a breakfast buffet, which was not included in the price of the room, so we paid retail, and I was very surprised because there was no bacon, ham or sausage! The food we got was good; I just wasn't expecting vegetarian. The dining room was handicapped accessible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lake Geneva
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Bedding was worn with holes in the blankets. Hot tub jets did not work. Not enough handicap parking. Exercise room had no water and only 2 treadmills.

On the plus side...the front desk and lobby and waiting areas around the elevators looked updated. Breakfast in the restaurant was tasty but skip the buffet. The price was average during the week and not worth the money on the busy weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is very friendly to mountain bikers, they don't seem to mind if you bring your bike to your room. The rooms are quite nice. Yes, the TV is ancient but the beds are comfortable, the bathroom isn't grimy and the room is clean.
The breakfast is poor quality food but you can apply the voucher to an item on the menu instead. I definitely recommend this approach. Our waitress was fantastic.

Overall, clean room, nice facility & comfortable bed. Beware of the insane people doing karaoke in the bar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Grand Vista is located conveniently just off the interstate. The hotel itself seems a little tired, but the check-in staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was small, but adequate. I would probably try a difference hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I always stay here when passing through Grand Junction. Staff is friendly and the rooms are great for the price. It had a coffee maker, microwave, and a tiny refrigerator. Use an on-line discount booking company and save $20 bucks.

• Stayed May 2014
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel is just exactly the same way I remember it 25 years ago when it was a Ramada Inn. Nothing is run down. They have kept up everything without changing it. The bathrooms have been updated I believe. My room had a beautiful view of the Bookcliffs and the canal. The bed was a little softer than I like but I slept well. I had a late flight into the Grand Junction airport but the shuttle was right there to pick me and the flight crew up. Check in was prompt and friendly. The only thing that I noticed was there weren't any tissues in the room. The towels were good and the sheets were soft. The room was clean, in fact the hotel is very clean. They had soft drink and water on my floor, and ice machine. If I am staying overnight in grand junction I will stay here again. I made the reservation directly with the hotel and they matched the rate I could get on the Internet. I used the pool and it was good and I love the mural in there. I did not have time to try the restaurant. The television was old but that is usually not important to me. The hotel has easy access to the airport and I70 interstate. The Village Inn is across the street.

Room Tip: Stay on the canal side if you can for a better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!