“Cannot imagine better service in this class hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in Grand Junction
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Cannot imagine better service in this class hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

For that matter I've had worse service in much higher class hotels............

Once again my wife's family gathered here (6 rooms) for Christmas. We stayed there also even though we live in town. Our last stay was 2 years ago and the facility has been kept up well. It's a converted Holiday Inn so you have the center atrium with the pool, pool tables, lots and lots of seating/room, etc. What makes this property special is the staff. Helpful, accommodating, friendly, and I could go on.

The property itself is older, but very well kept up. It's clean, all the time, even the common areas. The pull-out bed in our suite needed replacement several years ago - the sofa itself was fine, the bed not.

Many rooms can open via a hallway door and a 2nd sliding door to either the atrium or the outside pool courtyard. So, with kids, get your choice depending on summer/winter.

Room Tip: Remember, inside pool inside artium, outside courtyard with outside pool,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
There is nothing better than spending time with family. This time of year is special to everyone. We are so happy to be a part of that time with your and your family each year. My staff and I want to say thank you for spending time with us and letting us make your time here special. We look forward to seeing you again next year. THANK YOU!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed at this location many times. The upgrade king room was very clean and felt like it had been recently redone. Front desk staff was also great. Breakfast had a large variety of food. I also use the exercise room to do my workout. Very good equipment and in working condition.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Our goal is to make each guest feel like family! We want to be your home away from home. There is no place like home. We look forward to your next visit.
Blanding, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at numerous hotels/motels throughout my travels and this place by far has exceeded my expectations as far as cleanliness, courtesy, and customer service go and price. We recently stayed here for a Company retreat and I was very impressed with the service we received. Everyone that we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. Also this Inn Is very quiet. I never once heard the guest to either side of my room!!! I would highly recommend this location to anyone! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a KING
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
MeLisa
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you and your family. We also hope that you will keep us in mind when scheduling your next company retreat. Grand Junction has so much to offer all of our personal and professional travels. Thank you again.
Kingsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hi this review is a little late. We stayed at this property on a friday night labor day weekend. We were moving from california to michigan and it was my daughter and myself with two cats. We arrived about 7:30 pm and it was very busy at check in. We did not wait at all lots of front desk people on duty and very friendly. We were given a room on the first floor and we were very pleased with our room. It was clean, very clean for a pet freindly room and the beds were comfortable. Yes the sink for the bathroom is outside the bathroom but I prefere that anyway. Make it easier for two people in the morning getting ready. The cats were very comfortable as well. The breakfast in the morning had a lot to offer more than most chains. If ever driving out to california again this hotel will be on my list. Oh and did I mention that the two cats stayed for free? How nice is that no pet fee, we did book in advance and call the property to let them know we had to cats but very nice if traveling with pets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dianem163
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We pride ourselves on being pet friendly. We look forward to your next visit to our property. Please remember to look for other Choice Hotels anytime you travel. Just think Labor Day 2014 is right around the corner. Can I make you a reservation?  Looking forward to seeing you and the cats again soon.
Edwards, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We got a decent rate on Hotwire so decided to roll the dice. Three stars is absolutely not an accurate rating of this property. It was advertised non-smoking everywhere but the second we walked into the room a wall of smoke hit us. It was as if someone had been chain smoking in the room just before we walked in. We turned on the air to help circulate and that helped a little...I think mostly we just adjusted to it. In the shower someone else's hairs were all over. There was a GIANT bug on the ceiling. Stains on the sheets. Definitely pulled up the mattress to check for BB's. (Nothing found, thank goodness).

DO NOT stay here & DO NOT roll the dice on the 3 star hotwire rate no matter how enticing it is. There are some OK 3 stars in the area but not worth the chance. Ick!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 31, 2013

I would love to speak to you about your time with us. The more information I can collect from you the better I can correct the issues you encounter during your stay with us.
Please give me a call 970-254-3132 direct.

Montrose, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm a Choice Hotel loyalty member and try to support their hotels whenever possible but this one was disappointing. Old and tired and with some maintenance issues that were inconvenient for even a one-night stay. The secured outside door entry never worked but there was no sign posted to let customers know that it wasn't their room key that was the problem and to try another entry (the property complex is large.) We hiked back to the front desk to have our keys remade – unnecessarily – by the employee who'd directed us to enter via that door! No fridge in the room, musty dated furnishings. The breakfast buffet was average but the bed comfortable. We'll try another hotel when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that doesn't face the interstate as it is noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I first want to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your concerns is genuinely appreciated.

We are always looking for ways to improve our location. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here on a night when there were a ton of kids also staying, so it was a little loud. I know this is hard for a hotel to keep a lid on, and I do know they were out patrolling to try to keep things quiet. The room was clean and had a door to an pretty inner courtyard in which my own kids went out to kick a soccer ball. Everything seemed to work fine in the room, except for one of our four showers, the drain backed up a bit. There was a large interior room in the center of the hotel with a pool, hot tub, and table tennis, tables for eating, an exercise room, and a buffet for meals. The room smelled a bit like chlorine (owing to the fact that there was a pool in it), and was a bit overrun with kids and their families. The breakfast was quite nice for a buffet, more than just the standard fare for continental breakfasts, and was included in the price of the room. There was tea and coffee and lemon water in the check-in area. We did not check out the lounge. Overall, this was a nice place for families, and a good value. Just try not to stay when there will be a bunch of kids staying there. I guess that goes for anywhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback that we received from you and your family. We hope that you will come see us again in the future.

Been to Clarion Inn Grand Junction? Share your experiences!