“Good amenities, breakfast, a little old” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Grand Junction
“Good amenities, breakfast, a little old”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here on a night when there were a ton of kids also staying, so it was a little loud. I know this is hard for a hotel to keep a lid on, and I do know they were out patrolling to try to keep things quiet. The room was clean and had a door to an pretty inner courtyard in which my own kids went out to kick a soccer ball. Everything seemed to work fine in the room, except for one of our four showers, the drain backed up a bit. There was a large interior room in the center of the hotel with a pool, hot tub, and table tennis, tables for eating, an exercise room, and a buffet for meals. The room smelled a bit like chlorine (owing to the fact that there was a pool in it), and was a bit overrun with kids and their families. The breakfast was quite nice for a buffet, more than just the standard fare for continental breakfasts, and was included in the price of the room. There was tea and coffee and lemon water in the check-in area. We did not check out the lounge. Overall, this was a nice place for families, and a good value. Just try not to stay when there will be a bunch of kids staying there. I guess that goes for anywhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate the feedback that we received from you and your family. We hope that you will come see us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I love this hotel and have stayed there sense it was the Holadome back in the day. This place is wonderful if you have kids, indoor and outdoor pools with air hockey and pool tables and all inclosed inside a dome so the weather is always perfect.
only one thing to know that i learned my last stay, a few of the rooms like 20% do not have exhaust fans in the bathroom. Unfortunately by the time i learned this the Damage was already done. :-(( Lucky for me my lovely Girlfriend laughed it off and just made me promise to see a doctor when we got home. The next two days i made use of the the restroom between the lobby and the hotel bar. I hope to be with this women the rest of my life so when i check in next time i will ask for a room with a fan in the restroom.

Room Tip: suites are available if you need a bigger room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Greg, I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. Your girlfriend sounds like a wonderful women! I hope that you both will visit us again the next time you are in the Grand Junction area.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This looks like an older Holidome, however, it has been kept in decent shape. Rooms are clean, no mold in the showers, goid breakfast, althought they should use dinner plates instead of salad plates. The hotel also used to offer (1) each drink tickets for the bar, but they hsve stopped giving tgem out.
Still in all, a good value and will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Darrah, Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate receiving a good review from you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room was very spacious, clean and everything worked. The staff were friendly and helpful. Only perfectionists would be critical of the Clarion - at these rates in this economy, to expect perfection is arrogantly unrealistic. We travel your wonderful country 4 - 6 months a year and would be very happy to stay in hotels of this quality and value.
2 small short-comings;
1. Wi-Fi is not secured
2. Breakfast, while tasty, was always unacceptably less than warm - I suspect that is as a result of their seeking to avoid litigation from guests claiming to have been burned.
We stayed for 3 nights, so our experience is more reliable.

Room Tip: Best to stay at the back close to an exit, so parking close to your room is not a problem; privacy a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant that the previous one.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Clarion because we had enough points so that one of our two nights would be a reward night. I made the reservation well in advance and the choice hotels web site assured me they had structured the reservation of one reward night and one paying night so that we wouldn't have to change rooms. When I checked in though, I got the comment "they didn't do a very good job" and the clerk couldn't find a room that had a refrigerator and microwave. So we got a room that had a refrigerator, but no freezer, and no microwave. We were very disappointed in the room as well. The bathroom sink is not in an enclosed room but is out in the open just inside the door to the room. The sink and counter are not wide at all and offer very little room for all your toiletries. The room itself was clearly not a bit better than in any Comfort Inn whereas we thought the Clarion was the flagship hotel of the choice hotels chain. My wife then went back to the front desk and happened to talk to a different clerk. He arranged it so that we got upgraded to a suite that did have a refrigerator (with freezing compartment) and a microwave. We were delighted with that, of course. But then I wondered how one clerk was able to do that but the one standing next to him couldn't. We were still satisfied enough to go through the trouble of changing rooms to get the suite. Another surpise--the "suite" room is EXACTLY the same size, shape and layout of the regular king bed rooms! The ONLY difference was the microwave, the freezer in the fridge, and slightly more modern (but still tacky looking) furniture. The hotel is huge and this was reflected in the breakfast area. They had plenty of food items, well laid out, and had plenty of seating to handle the large crowds (many sports teams and kids were there). But the staff couldn't keep up. When I first went down to breakfast, there was exactly one tiny, lone cupcake in the pastry case. I took a glass of orange juice and it was watery, weak and undrinkable. Fortunately, one of the attendants took a drink of it and agreed with me. The good news is they then did replace the orange juice and the replacement was fully satisfactory. I am a fan of SOS (if you don't know what that means, you won't care or be interested). But the gravy was not reasonably thick and meat filled and tasty as normal. It was thin, almost watery, with no meat or anything in it, and with just a hint of the proper taste. Almost worthless. The fruit went fast, too. The two bananas that remained were clearly left behind because they were still green. They did finally bring out one tray of new pastries. It had only one choice on it, small cupcakes with chocolate chips in them. I never saw any other pastries the entire hour or so we were there. I already knew about the spotty quality of Comfort Inns but now that I know I can't even trust the Clarion, I'm done.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is to choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Art,
Thank you so much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor and on the Choice Guest Surrey. I apologize that Choice Reservations and our hotel did not provide you with an exceptional stay at our property. I have followed up with both Guest Service Team Members that participated in your arrival. I have used your situation as a training opportunity to better prepare my staff in the future to use their authority to do what it takes to make our guests happy. Again I apologize and hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Grand Junction.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this motel, given its size and location near the interstate. Not only that, there were soccer teams staying here as well.

When I asked for a quiet room, the fellow at the front desk said I am putting you on the second floor nearer the freeway but it is the quietest location. He was right; never heard the outside traffic at night. Of corse. The drone of the AC helped but it was not that loud.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the morning breakfast was ample. Only drawback, there is no elevator so beware if you have ample luggage.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The staff is amazing! I was scheduled for surgery the next morning and enjoyed a very comfortable stay at the hotel. I needed a wheelchair accessible room and requested a shower chair and refrigerator for my meds. Staff totally catered to me quickly for every need (and I had many). So nice as I was dealing with pain and I think the staff sensed this and did everything to make me as comfortable as possible. Will definitely stay here again and recommend to family & friends.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for such positive feedback. We want all of our guest to feel like family and feel as comfortable staying with us as they do when being at home. I would like to credit your care to my wonderful front desk team members. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Clarion Inn Grand Junction? Share your experiences!