“One of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
626 on Rood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh St.
Boulder, Colorado
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We found the cuisine to be excellently prepared, and well served. The restaurant is a little out of the way, and has both indoor and outside seating. The service was great, and the server really knew about the offerings and the wine. Speaking of the wine, they have a long list of excellent wines both by the bottle and the glass. The prices, although on the upper end, were not completely out of line for the area and certainly the food and service was well worth the price. We were very well looked after, and constant checks were made to ensure our satisfaction. Next time we are in Grand Junction we will make a point of dining there, sure that it will be a great experience!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Nothing went right”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

After being sat in the corner next to the kitchen entrance you would have thought since every staff person walked past us someone would notice we were unhappy. Our server never introduced himself, he stood behind my dining partners back when speaking and just started telling us the specials. Our drink order was incorrect but quickly fixed, thank you, but not on the bill. Then our salads arrived by a young lady who looked terrified and didn't say a word. Our separate $5 half salads were lettuce and blue cheese with no dressing. Trust me, we didn't ask for lettuce and cheese no dressing, dressing makes lettuce and cheese become a salad. We waited, and waited and waited. Wanting salad dressing turned into wanting to leave. Finally after close to 10 minutes a server stopped to ask if we were ok. He then found our server who had already walked past us 3 times to enter the kitchen. After telling him we wanted to end our evening he said he would take care of it. Most disappointing was that the management never came to speak with us. But we did see a few staff talk to one another and point at us. Interesting way to run a business. It was a disappointing way to spend our special evening out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
bwray, Owner at 626 on Rood, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
There is no excuse for the series of mistakes experienced by this couple. What they experienced is extremely uncharacteristic of our high service standards. We spoke with them yesterday, prior to this review posting, and expressed our concern for how they were treated and our poor response at the time.
Moab, Utah
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Oh what can I say. Exceptional!! Service is outstanding. Love the ambiance and decor. Well thought out and a menu to die for. Great wine selection. Will definitely be back here.

Visited May 2013
Dillon, Colorado
“Simply amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The lobster Mac was unbelievable! A must try item!! Dinner was spectacular!!
A little pricey, but worth it!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Pricey and salty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was greeted at the door and promptly shown to a table. The restaurant was about 1/3 full on a Thursday evening. The interior was pleasantly decorated: a lot of care had gone into the lighting but reading the menu was difficult because of the low lighting level. The servers were attentive and service was speedy and efficient.

The menu was short and diverse. I started with a salad of pea sprouts and asparagus. I thought that the asparagus was overcooked and lacked flavour. The dressing was dropped around the edge of the plate and my first impression was that is tasty but salty. The dish looked good and was a decent size for a starter.

My second course was beef stewed in a berry reduction. It was accompanied with wonderful garlic mashed potato and asparagus (this time freshly cooked and much more interesting). I couldn’t taste the berries in the reduction and it mainly tasted salty. Some of the beef was very tender while 2 slices were a little chewy. The portion was hearty.

It was only during the night when I needed 5 drinks of water that I realised how salty the food was. I was very dry.

I started with a beer – a delicious porter at $5. I followed up with 2 glasses of Colorado red wine which cost $12 each – a record for me to pay for a glass of wine. Both were pleasant but not as exceptional as their price implied.

The bill came to $74 (including a 15% tip) for one person. I thought that the price was high for the quality of what I was served.

• Visited March 2013