“No working oven” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in Grand Junction
Chicago, Illinois
“No working oven”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here overnight while driving to LA. The room was nice and quiet, but some of the typical Courtyard amenities were lacking. First, they only have a bar menu of fried food, not the typical menu available for lunch/dinner. I learned the hotel is due for an upgrade in a few months, perhaps this is the reason for the limited menu. This,however, does not excuse the fact that they charge $9.95 for the breakfast buffet, but didn't have any bacon. I was told by the staff that this is because their oven is not working. How does a hotel, on a busy weekend, NOT have an oven? Additionally, the staff was friendly enough, but not familiar with the local restaurants-- they recommended one, and even dropped me off there in the hotel shuttle, only to find myself turned away because I did not have a reservation.(?!) I won't mention the name, but it was an Italian place downtown. Not a very relaxing trip, but the proximity to Arches National Park is a huge plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for not having bacon on the breakfast bar as the oven pilot assembly did fail and we were unable to cook sufficient bacon at a high quality during you stay. The oven has now been fixed and we are carrying bacon daily on our breakfast buffet.
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Decent western slope experience, nice food for the 5 meals offered through the conference I am attending. I needed a comb this morning only to be told they were out. The staff person walked away after I indicated this was a real need for me. I walked back to ask where the next closest location was to get one and had to wait for service. I was told I could walk across the parking lot to the other Marriott, I am disappointed the staff person could have just suggested it when it was apparent I was desperate. My window leaks air and it is very windy making it sound like I am waiting out a major winter snow. It is not yet fall but I feel like it is freezing outside.

Room Tip: Even rooms for a view of the sunrise, Odd for the sunset.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for letting me know about your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott. I am glad that you enjoyed the meals from our banquets and events department.
I have also addressed the issued you had with getting a comb with the front desk and I am conducting training so they will handle those saturations better in the future.
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for three days this week for some road cycling and wine tasting.
Positives; easy check in, free parking, convenient location, nice lobby. I stay in a lot of Courtyards for business travel and this one isn't quite as updated. I like "The Bistro" that some remodeled Courtyards have (this Courtyard does not have this) Also, the beds here are not as nice as others I've had in Courtyards.
Room was clean except for stains on the couch and one of the dresser drawers didn't close.
Air conditioning worked well and was quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I have addressed the housekeeping and maintenance issue that you brought to attention with my staff.
I am pleased to let you know as well that we are going through a public area renovation this winter and will open the during the first month of the year with the new Bistro restaurant.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Dillon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Go to GJ, to mtn bike in Fruita and Wine taste in Palisade...staff friendly, rooms nice, clean, comfortable. plenty of parking. 4th visit. Air conditioner worked great, as can happen in Colorado, Saturday was nearly 90, then Sunday was 50,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. I am glad you enjoyed the area as we are centrally located to all the stops that the Grand Valley had to offer.
I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have never had this kind of experience. I had a king suite so I could attend a class at this same hotel the following morning. As I laid down on the king bed I realized quickly that the bed where I was laying was wet. I discovered a large wet spot with a large yellow ring on the mattress. I called the front desk and requested another room. I was told they were sold out and there were no other rooms available. Did I want new sheets? I told them that the mattress was wet and it would just soak through the sheets, as it obviously had just done. A guy from the front desk came to verify this. When he saw the condition of the mattress he stated he would bring me a roll-away. He brought a roll-away, rolled it into the room, dropped sheets on a chair and started to leave. I asked for help with the roll-away and he told me he did not know how to do the roll-away, shrugged and walked out of the room. Luckily it was pretty easy and I readied the bed for sheets. I grabbed the sheets off the chair where they were placed and discovered they were all wet. Really! I am not kidding! I called the front desk person back and handed him the wet sheets and waited for him to bring dry ones. I put these on the bed and looked around for a blanket and discovered he never brought me one. Too tired, I just went to bed.
In the morning prior to the class I was attending, I was told I would be given a discount, about $40 off the room. After the class I spoke to the manager and stated that the gesture was not acceptable. I expected a free room. I was told that couldn't be done and was given an additional discount, another $40 off. I paid for a comfortable, clean, DRY bed that could be slept in, when I was ready to go to sleep. I did not get this. I was kept up much later than I wanted to be, did not have a comfortable bed and am very disappointed in the lack of care taken. I realize this was a very unusual problem however I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Curtis H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for letting me know about your recent experience at the Courtyard Grand Junction. I apologize for the experience that you had with the staff and with the cleanliness of your room. It is our goal to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel, and we did not deliver.
I have addressed with my housekeeping and guest service staff what happened and how the situation should have been handled so this does not happen to any other guest.
I would like to make this situation right with you, if you would please contact me at your pleasure.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was clean, easy, and fast. The staff was helpful. The elevator was super slow, and it was weird that the TV was along side of the bed instead of at the foot. But it was easy to find and right on our path.

Room Tip: They steer you to Enzo's which is good but $$$.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and helpful.
Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Enjoyed a nice stay here. It's exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott - clean, quiet, good service. The hotel "restaurant" only serves breakfast, but there's a bar in the lobby and a good Italian restaurant next door (as well as a few other choices along Horizon Dr.). This hotel is on "airport row" and NOT walking distance to the quaint part of Grand Junction.

Room Tip: For a good price, try bidding through Priceline.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments about the Courtyard Marriott. I am glad that your expectations were fulfilled and that you had a pleasant stay. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.
Curtis Hansen

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Grand Junction? Share your experiences!